The Hair Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
tiagong nigella bold hold something something quite good wor

personally like quicksand and only quicksand due to its matte finish. unless until someone can intro me a matte-er clay/wax... :s12:

Nigelle Bold Make Clay is actually very matte. Lightweight clay and proves to work best even with SG's humid climate. Yes, it can be pretty expensive but it can also last you indefinitely. Just about 5cents size or less will be able to do the job pretty well. :)

Quicksand is already ultra matte. I dont think you can find any that can be even drier than it already lah bro. Why you prefer so matte? Sometimes, with a bit of shine, you will be surprised that it looks pretty good too. :)

noobzpro

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hey guys wats the best shampoo and conditioner for stubborn hair? no budget

netzach

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Where is your review on kanebo conditioner, bro! A lot of people do look out for your reviews too actually. :s13:

Look out for my reviews to say that I'm spokesman, attack dog, Japanese rakuten fellow, etc and hamtam me right lol.

That aside, though I haven't been really using the Kanebo conditioner, it's been one good experience thus far. I'll go for Kanebo shampoo + conditioner usually when I want to moisturize my hair and all. Hair's dark, shinny, silky smooth with the Shea butter smell after 'Kanebo-ing'. For a good night sleep, it's a must-do. Great price with huge ass bottle worth of conditioner, value for money, this **** is probably gonna last me for quite some time. Morning 'Kanebo-ing' + a few pumps of the red SSS + Voi for the natural messy look, hair's dark, shinny and smells good. (Simple man here, no quiffs, undercuts, or curry porks) Alternatively, Paul Mitch to wake me up + OS SSS + Voi for the 'dry' look. Complete with a cup of Kopi-O Siew Dai + a scope of collagen powder and all's good. :)

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
as promised, my so called slightly messier quiff.
today use SSS, a small dab of quicksand to layer in the first part to remove oil and Silverfox to style, Powerpoint hair spray to finish. HUNGER GAMES TONIGHT! KATNISSS!!!!

IMG_00000568_zps4de5bcbf.jpg

prozaizxc

Reaction score
today use SSS, a small dab of quicksand to layer in the first part to remove oil and Silverfox to style, Powerpoint hair spray to finish. HUNGER GAMES TONIGHT! KATNISSS!!!!

i think this messier quiff is nicer! anyway does your hair on the left side of your head on the crown merge with your left side hair? or do u putt them apart?

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i think this messier quiff is nicer! anyway does your hair on the left side of your head on the crown merge with your left side hair? or do u putt them apart?
I have to make it merge but usually it doesn't cause I have a twirl aka "zhun"

Can't wear this when in office clothes. Not nice

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hey guys wats the best shampoo and conditioner for stubborn hair? no budget

The term "best" is very subjective so assuming that you are trying to look for some recommendations for shampoo and conditioner, perhaps you can consider trying out kanebo acidic shampoo (pH 5.5) and conditioner (pH 4). When you mentioned "stubborn" hair, i assume that you mean your hair is dry and stiff which tends to give you a bit of problem while styling. In this particular context, kanebo shampoo will be able to moisturize your hair adequately by providing a balanced level of moist for one. Complementing it with the conditioner helps to fill up the "holes" in the cortex layer when proteins are lost. In this manner, your hair will become healthier and stronger. :)

P.S. Information for conditioner have been uploaded onto the web.
KANEBO LISSAGE VOGNE ACIDIC CONDITIONER 800ML (pH 4) | ThePrettyJerk

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I feel that this "messier" quiff can also go with your formal work wear. I dont think the variation is that great between both actually. And yes, i prefer this "messier" quiff even though i dont really find it to be messy but more of natural.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any1 cut at twister before?
Hows their stylists?

Tried tampines twister before. Their creative director then was transferred to storm outlet so i followed him too. IMO, the thing about all these branded salons is that yes they do provide good service and stuffs but if you really want good hair cut, its really stylist-centric and not salon or brand-centric. So pay a bit more and go for their higher-tiered stylists to get something worthwhile. Else, paying more than usual for their lowest tiered stylist doesn't seem to make any sense to me as i would rather head for another outlet which gives me a more experienced stylist instead at lower price. #JustSaying

noobzpro

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The term "best" is very subjective so assuming that you are trying to look for some recommendations for shampoo and conditioner, perhaps you can consider trying out kanebo acidic shampoo (pH 5.5) and conditioner (pH 4). When you mentioned "stubborn" hair, i assume that you mean your hair is dry and stiff which tends to give you a bit of problem while styling. In this particular context, kanebo shampoo will be able to moisturize your hair adequately by providing a balanced level of moist for one. Complementing it with the conditioner helps to fill up the "holes" in the cortex layer when proteins are lost. In this manner, your hair will become healthier and stronger. :)

P.S. Information for conditioner have been uploaded onto the web.
KANEBO LISSAGE VOGNE ACIDIC CONDITIONER 800ML (pH 4) | ThePrettyJerk

hehe thanks! i mean best like most proven to work....my hair can describe like wire lolz... and also how is shu uemera and oribe?

Last edited:

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I feel that this "messier" quiff can also go with your formal work wear. I dont think the variation is that great between both actually. And yes, i prefer this "messier" quiff even though i dont really find it to be messy but more of natural.

prefer to go harvey specter style on workwear. LOL

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hehe thanks! i mean best like most proven to work....my hair can describe like wire lolz... and also how is shu uemera and oribe?

That's a very good question actually. However, i am not in the right capacity to answer that as i did not try these two brands before. Didn't know shu uemura got shampoo until you mentioned. But one thing for sure is that the price is very different. :)

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Jessica says his hair looks like a girl. :s34:

Anw his hair looks shorter than yours.

don't matter. haha cause that hair belongs to the best closer in NYC. lol
his hair in the new season more spike.
first season similar to mine but not as pomp

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Pre-Order for Fudge Ends Hair Serum

Hi people! I am doing a pre-order for Fudge Ends Hair Serum. The main purpose is to test the market response for hair serum to be brought in for the SG community. It can be used on towel-dried hair or dry hair and all it takes is just a small dab to work through the hair. A little goes a long way and you dun have to wash it off after that.

Basically, it can help to repair your split ends and achieve silky hair ends. Also, it comes with a very pleasant smell and helps to effectively replenish the lost proteins in the hair. All in all, its convenient and anyone, both males and females, of any hair type can use it actually. Hair care is the key to having good hair.

As usual, if you are interested, can either pm or text me. Cheers! :)

Product Name: Fudge Ends Miracle Smoothing Treatment 50ml
Price: $21.90 (w complimentary normal postage)
Pre-order Price: $19.90 (w complimentary normal postage) - PreOrder will end on 2nd December 2013
ETA: Mid December (before X'Mas)

IMG_2507.jpg

Last edited:

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
JH. 1 for me. Sunday or Monday then WA you. Currently in camp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.