The Hair Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Limpeishicrone

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
got a osis+ hairspray and sebastian hairspray at chinatown! osis+ is quite cheap there, how much did you get yours at? strength lvl 3 300ml one right?
yup, by schwarkopf products were you talking about the osis hairspray? if it is then ya you actually find it outside of salons :p my mistake

i got mine at 13$+, i forgot how much exactly

iPodMcCoy

Reaction score
yup, by schwarkopf products were you talking about the osis hairspray? if it is then ya you actually find it outside of salons :p my mistake

i got mine at 13$+, i forgot how much exactly

yup, but actually them carry almost quite a wide range from shampoo, spray wax mousse dustit etc. :D

@elumeng got mine at $12 dollars for spray at svwenson(?) and saw them at ocean also. it's above a hawker center, lau pa sat iirc.

Limpeishicrone

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yup, but actually them carry almost quite a wide range from shampoo, spray wax mousse dustit etc. :D

@elumeng got mine at $12 dollars for spray at svwenson(?) and saw them at ocean also. it's above a hawker center, lau pa sat iirc.
that would be like redken consumer(but they say its salon) range bah. real redken salon protein treatment mixture thingy arent brought out for sale directly to consumers, only in salons. unless im mistaken :p

wah 12 bux only? :s22:

fullguard

Master Member
Reaction score
hi guys. anyone know how cut till the fringe like:

yonghwa-nii3.jpg

where the fringe is compact and like all stick together?

cos now my fringe is like one strand one strand one. the individual strands are quite visible and i think there are very little strands. cant form a compact fringe. isit just because i have too little hair (T_T) or because of the layering cut? if so do wad to change it?

iPodMcCoy

Reaction score
that would be like redken consumer(but they say its salon) range bah. real redken salon protein treatment mixture thingy arent brought out for sale directly to consumers, only in salons. unless im mistaken :p

wah 12 bux only? :s22:
yeah, 12 bux. thats why can hunt for bargain hair/shower/facial whatever products. =:p got a sebastian one over there for 29.90, quite worth it imo. :s13:

Flyingpea

Reaction score

yonghwa-nii3.jpg

cos now my fringe is like one strand one strand one. the individual strands are quite visible and i think there are very little strands. cant form a compact fringe. isit just because i have too little hair (T_T) or because of the layering cut? if so do wad to change it?

I think your hair dresser layered your fringe too much. Another reason might be due to the way you use your wax/clay. Try not to apply too much on your fringe as it cause them to be very strandy. Try to put the clay on your palm and apply it instead of pulling it with your finger.

Frostzen

Reaction score
hey all, i've ordered armino sister freeze wax but i've gotten samourai style plaster instead.
just wondering if the style plaster has good hold compared to the freeze wax.
thanks

Limpeishicrone

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

yonghwa-nii3.jpg

if that is so, then your fringe is too thin already. grow it out and dont go back to that hairstylist... why would someone want a fringe that looks like 'one strand one strand'? :s11: should be alright after 2 months, then go to some better salon to get the cut done.

please show the picture as well, but the cut is pretty straightforward one la, if you want the fringe to look like in the picture you will have to style it that way which can be quite tedious imo
yeah, 12 bux. thats why can hunt for bargain hair/shower/facial whatever products. =:p got a sebastian one over there for 29.90, quite worth it imo. :s13:

you got the sebastian hairspray too? which's better for you? the osis or the sebastian one? reviews pl0x :D

fullguard

Master Member
Reaction score
no uh i dunwan that fringe, just show example of compact fringe only.

the last time i cut my hair was about 2 months ago, and my fringe reach my eye liao. if pull down reach my nose. but then is like still very sparse. alot "hole" inbetween the hair strands. dunno why, but my fringe has always been like that.

i will take the advice and go to a better salon the next time i cut my hair, which is probably soon. i want my hair to look something like :

hairstyle.jpg

this but my hair not long enough.

anyway, the thing now is not to layer my fringe too much?

Last edited:

Limpeishicrone

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
no uh i dunwan that fringe, just show example of compact fringe only.

the last time i cut my hair was about 2 months ago, and my fringe reach my eye liao. if pull down reach my nose. but then is like still very sparse. alot "hole" inbetween the hair strands. dunno why, but my fringe has always been like that.

i will take the advice and go to a better salon the next time i cut my hair, which is probably soon. i want my hair to look something like :

200px-JungYongHwa.jpg

this but my hair not long enough.

anyway, the thing now is not to layer my fringe too much?
can show a picture of your hair? you can blur out your face if you want to

where have you been cutting your hair at? neighbourhood salon?

ps: ur hotlink doesnt work

fullguard

Master Member
Reaction score
can show a picture of your hair? you can blur out your face if you want to

where have you been cutting your hair at? neighbourhood salon?

ps: ur hotlink doesnt work

edited the pic link. hahas. nid grow hair for dunno how long that one. my hair grow very very slow one. haiz.

my hair pic just taken, without any hair products :

haircurrent-1.png

i know super ugly pls dun suan hahas thats why i looking to cut it. yea i cut my hair at neighbourhood salon one. mom dun wanna sponsor me go those $30+ hairsalon ( i student and i cant seem to save any money despite all my efforts :/ ). maybe dun eat outside then can save some money for a good haircut.

PS: Sorry for cancelling out my face so much to the extent it looks ridiculous. i know of some schoolmates who surf this forums and i dont wanna get recognised xD

Last edited:

Limpeishicrone

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
edited the pic link. hahas. nid grow hair for dunno how long that one. my hair grow very very slow one. haiz.

my hair pic just taken, without any hair products :

haircurrent-1.png

i know super ugly pls dun suan hahas thats why i looking to cut it. yea i cut my hair at neighbourhood salon one. mom dun wanna sponsor me go those $30+ hairsalon ( i student and i cant seem to save any money despite all my efforts :/ ). maybe dun eat outside then can save some money for a good haircut.

PS: Sorry for cancelling out my face so much to the extent it looks ridiculous. i know of some schoolmates who surf this forums and i dont wanna get recognised xD
youre a sec school student? your fringe is too thin already, you havent been able to grow a fringe like what's shown in the picture you linked because you kept going back to the same hairstylist every month and let him/her do the same thing every month? :s22:

dont have to spend 30+, 20+ can be enough.. take the 10$ from her that she gives you for ur neighbourhood salon and just save another 10+? should be easy :D

Ps: before u let a stylist cut ur hairstyle, tell him/her ur concerns and state that you dont want it to be too thin. using the picture to illustrate would be better

fullguard

Master Member
Reaction score
youre a sec school student? your fringe is too thin already, you havent been able to grow a fringe like what's shown in the picture you linked because you kept going back to the same hairstylist every month and let him/her do the same thing every month? :s22:

dont have to spend 30+, 20+ can be enough.. take the 10$ from her that she gives you for ur neighbourhood salon and just save another 10+? should be easy :D

Ps: before u let a stylist cut ur hairstyle, tell him/her ur concerns and state that you dont want it to be too thin. using the picture to illustrate would be better

jc student, hahas. actually recently i then take note of this problem, so last time i always cut the same every few months without noticing my fringe so jialat. now i see abit :s22:

alright, i will go to a better hairsalon soon! thanks for all the advice!

Litmuss

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How should one apply clay huh? Rub some into fingers, spread it out fully into palms, then fingers go through roots of hair? Or palms just circular motion apply onto top of hair can already?

Limpeishicrone

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How should one apply clay huh? Rub some into fingers, spread it out fully into palms, then fingers go through roots of hair? Or palms just circular motion apply onto top of hair can already?
just make sure you spread your clay on your palms properly. after spreading youre not supposed to see any clay on your head, its supposed to become 'invisible' then just do whatever you like with your hair by using your hands to mold, scrunch, pull, twist or flatten then finish off with hairspray

4saken

Reaction score
hey guys! saw a certain type of hairstyle on the train today! looks pretty good!
i have no pics, but do yall know it?
its like he shaved one stretch from the back of one ear down to the undercut behind and up to the back of another ear! anybody have any pics for it? :X

iPodMcCoy

Reaction score
actually i got the osis+ for my friend, dint tried it tho. but tried smelling it. it's smells kinda better than gatsby ones and it hardens very quickly on my hand. sebastian one is kinda scented the it's very light and doesn't weigh down hair. but it's kinda ex. 29.90 for 400ml while osis 12 for 300ml. worth pampering your hair once awhile. :p

philipsony

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
cut my hair at essensuals

senior stylist rate was 45 so i went for normal stylist

typically when ppl cut layer, or cut the hair thin
they use a special kind of scissor for "jian bao" , for every cut only a few of the hair got cut off

i realize that they did not use that scissor to cut my hair. my hair was comb up and the way it was cut was kind of like chipping my hair away to simulate the thinning effect.

i saw some other people cut by senior stylist and it doesnt look bad

got home and realize that one side of my sideburns is shorter than the other...

overall not a very pleasant experience. i would recommend for hair to be cut by senior stylist if one want to cut in essensual.

oh yea, they gave me 10dollar voucher too, maybe right now its their promotion period

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.