The Hair Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryoshi

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, its been awhile.

Any japanese salons to recommend since Tsuji-san of J's Salon is coming back from Japan next week.. :(

slayercsa

Reaction score
Any recommendations for new wax?

Past products which I used is Sebastian X'clay and Renati soft paste. Both work great for me, but are going out of production.

Need a new wax!

Ryoshi

Master Member
Reaction score
Any recommendations for new wax?

Past products which I used is Sebastian X'clay and Renati soft paste. Both work great for me, but are going out of production.

Need a new wax!

1176dd97.jpg

been using this for the past year. like it a lot. mainly due to the matte look and its easy to wash away.

downside is the quantity its not much though.. think this time rd i will get the bigger size.. :D

ZacharyA

Reaction score
1176dd97.jpg

been using this for the past year. like it a lot. mainly due to the matte look and its easy to wash away.

downside is the quantity its not much though.. think this time rd i will get the bigger size.. :D

bro, how much is it and where can we get it from ? :)

anyway has any HWZ forumers been to Monsoon / Twister / Sandstorm @ Jurong Point before?? any hairstylist to intro and look out for?? first time trying them out and want to have a good experience.

previously i cut my hair @ Chapter 2

Last edited:

Ryoshi

Master Member
Reaction score
bro, how much is it and where can we get it from ? :)

anyway has any HWZ forumers been to Monsoon / Twister / Sandstorm @ Jurong Point before?? any hairstylist to intro and look out for?? first time trying them out and want to have a good experience.

previously i cut my hair @ Chapter 2

rakuten selling them at:

30g - ~1000yen (~$15) (incld domestic shipping)
80g - ~1500yen (~$23) (incld domestic shipping)

for me its either during my tokyo trips or through Proxy/EMS shipping frm there. i think i remember seeing some forumers selling them at marketplace..

deadbeat

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just wondering, anyone with dyed hair find that using matte hair products (renati or clay etc) will make your hair drier? or izzit just me?

neo1978

Reaction score
just wondering, anyone with dyed hair find that using matte hair products (renati or clay etc) will make your hair drier? or izzit just me?

chemically treated hair like perm or color will of cos make it dryer. Nothing to do with the styling products. A matte look will look dry and matte becos 'matte-look', until you wash off.

Aliens

Reaction score
To be fair, I've personally gone to la coco over 5 times and Rina has always attended to me because I made an appointment in advance.

She's nice and has superb skills that make you sit up when she cuts, trims and blows your hair.

And the shampoo gals might be new, don't let it spoil your views about the salon.

I swear by Rina and her hairstyling skills, so make an appointment and not be disappointed call 3 days in advance.
(Note : She's not free on sundays)

Hi do you have their phone number? I would like to try my luck and book rina today since its a weekday, their website is down cant get the number. There is only 1 la coco in sg right?

neo1978

Reaction score
1176dd97.jpg

Hey... my colleague just told me that this brand, their boss is coming to S'pore to talk to our company next mth...

cherryboom

Master Member
Reaction score
1176dd97.jpg

where can buy ar??? or must import???

Ryoshi

Master Member
Reaction score
ohhh ryoshi u r back. the founder of this thread.

haha. was kinda surprised to see how much this thread developed during my absence.. been busy with work and studies so will only be able to drop by here occasionally :(

Ryoshi

Master Member
Reaction score
nice hopfully sg can get distribution right and sell cheap.

yup. but most probably won't be appearing in the shelves of watsons/supermarkets. :(

heres a little round-up from what i notice right now in tokyo recently,

*all prices are subjected to 5% tax.

demi uevo, starting to get really popular.. (just had its own marketing shelf at tokyu hands beside the rest of the hair wax.)

30g / ¥1,000 (~S$15) (excld tax)
80g / ¥1,400 (~S$21) (excld tax)

uevo740.jpg

arimino peace, greatly supported by the users of past arimino products. (i didn't really like it a lot due to the strong smell of rubber? :s22: but nevertheless, its still one of the better ones :) )

40g / ¥1,500 (~S$23) (excld tax)
80g / ¥2,000 (~S$31) (excld tax)

hk-peacebunner.jpg

NUMBER THREE deuxer. i still have these, find it a little hard to wash off esp the purple cube.

"All DEUXER styling products contain either Macadamia nuts oil or Macadamia nuts butter with treatment effects to the hair. It can create various hair styles without making the hair heavy even though it gives mild moisture rich feeling to the hair. Enjoy subtle smell of sweet fresh floral berry."

80g / ¥1,400 (~S$21) (excld tax) [ONE SIZE]

deuxer_wax_01.jpg

lebel TRIE homme free move. never used them before, but then again, you could see them at any stores selling hair wax. will pick them up soon.

55g / ¥1,000 (~S$15) (excld tax)
100g / ¥1,600 (~S$25) (excld tax)

free_move_homme_01.jpg

last but not least.. nakano TANTO.

90g / ¥1,300 (~S$20) (excld tax)

img56614834.jpg

Last edited:

deadbeat

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
how would u rate uevo, deuxer and tanto? compared to nakano/samourai etc...

Ryoshi

Master Member
Reaction score
how would u rate uevo, deuxer and tanto? compared to nakano/samourai etc...

preferred

1. uevo
2. arimino
3. samourai
4. tanto(by nakano)
5. DHC

deuxer <- would take this out till i try their green(4)

personally im very sensitive to the smell of wax, would prefer a light,mild scent then those heavy citrus smell. cause i will be smelling it for the whole day.. sometimes i would get headache because of it. :(

oh yes.

forgotten to add DHC to the list, one of the under-rated wax.

50g / ¥525 (~S$8) (excld tax) [ONE SIZE]

bn_wax.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.