The Hair Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

cherryboom

Master Member
Reaction score
Went to Kenaris Wheelock yesterday. Made an appointment with Jonathan and wow. He is really good!

I asked for his opinion on what will be suitable for my head and face shape. My hair wasn't too long to begin with so it was rather difficult to come out with nice designs. But he gave it a thought, and explained to me what he will cut and why he thinks it will be suitable. Very detailed explaining and friendly.

Proceed to hairwash. I like the shampoo smell they use. Not those generic shampoo you get in normal and even some high-end salon. this one is orangey smell. Love it!

Proceed to haircut. Very detail and skilful.

After cut he rinse my hair with a minty smell shampoo. niceeee...

Upon completion, he explained to me the reasons for the style and taught me how to style. Although its close to closing hours, he still take effort to explain to me in full details on why is the style like that and why its more suitable for me. The before and after explanation is very detail and makes you feel more confident. Better than just some strangers snipping behind your head and have no idea whats going on.

overall a very worthwhile visit.

what the damage bro??

Hahahehe

Reaction score
yup. worth it.

I'm glad you had a wonderful experience with jonathan.

However, judging from the review, you did not shed much light about what did he actually cut for you. You were more or less praising the different types of fragrant shampoo:s13:!!

Did he give you a completely different style/look? I presume you were very satisfied with it!

mikeeeey

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm glad you had a wonderful experience with jonathan.

However, judging from the review, you did not shed much light about what did he actually cut for you. You were more or less praising the different types of fragrant shampoo:s13:!!

Did he give you a completely different style/look? I presume you were very satisfied with it!
hahaa oh ya ah.

cos im not good with the technical terms.

i shall try my best to say more in details

basically my hair was short to being with. it may even be considered as VERY short for most people who keep longer hairstyle. But i cant keep long hair due to my hair condition and it just dont suit me. so i stepped into the salon thinking "oh well, must be another stylist that just cut short from whatever style i have now and that's it"

but im wrong! he cut for me something that i had in mind for years but no stylist simply dared to try it. all previous hairstylist that i went to simply go the easier way of sticking to the same style.

he dared to go the new route and give me a look that i always wanted to try when im still young but yet easy to manage.

the style is basically short (very short) on the sides. short on the back and gradual ease sloping to the top. most of the top are kept with some trimmings.

and one more thing that i like about his cutting style is even though he can use a shaver (is that the correct term?) to shave my side, he didn't. he stick to his scissors and comb throughout and this shows he put in effort for it. he only used the shaver for those closer to neck, like damn fine stray hairs those areas.

sputnikmoment

Reaction score
Has any stylist told you to come back a few weeks later in order to properly cut the style you want? I'm not sure how long to keep my hair before getting it cut.

thegardens3b

Master Member
Reaction score
hahaa oh ya ah.

basically my hair was short to being with. it may even be considered as VERY short for most people who keep longer hairstyle. But i cant keep long hair due to my hair condition and it just dont suit me. so i stepped into the salon thinking "oh well, must be another stylist that just cut short from whatever style i have now and that's it"

but im wrong! he cut for me something that i had in mind for years but no stylist simply dared to try it. all previous hairstylist that i went to simply go the easier way of sticking to the same style.

he dared to go the new route and give me a look that i always wanted to try when im still young but yet easy to manage.

the style is basically short (very short) on the sides. short on the back and gradual ease sloping to the top. most of the top are kept with some trimmings.

and one more thing that i like about his cutting style is even though he can use a shaver (is that the correct term?) to shave my side, he didn't. he stick to his scissors and comb throughout and this shows he put in effort for it. he only used the shaver for those closer to neck, like damn fine stray hairs those areas.

aiyoh just show pic la :s13:

mikeeeey

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
for my case, no specific return period.but i will automatically go back in 3-4weeks cos i cant stand my hair being longer than it should

Silentwisper

Reaction score
hahaa oh ya ah.

im glad you like the cut :) going for my next cut next week. will upload a pic then (;

Iceman127

Reaction score
anyone can advise Renati Matt Mud or Sebastian Craft Clay is better to create a matt, volume look? and which is better to wash off and friendly to hair?

Hair length is short and hair style is kinda like a mowhawk style.

Thanks~

OtahSeller

Reaction score
Hi, anyone knows where Maeda is working now?
Or if you have anyone to strongly recommend? Budget is about $80, $100 tops if the stylist is really great
Thanks!

Edit: I noticed Jonathan from Kenaris seems to have favourable reviews... its $50?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.