The Hair Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Junjielye

Reaction score
any clay or matt feel wax to recommend?

hi guys and seniors,
looking for a change from my current wax, any recommendations?
actually i looking at sebastian craft clay or redken 20..

Kyuubidevil

Reaction score
U can try joico erratic :)
I use both sebastian and erratic, but i use erratic for daily uses and sebastian for more "extreme" hair styles. Meh!
Erratic is much more hair-friendly(i think) in the sense that it is much easier to wash off, and user-friendly since its easier to style. It also smells nicer :) U may need more hairspray thou. It doesnt hold as well as sebastian.

MookieTea

Reaction score
hi guys and seniors,
looking for a change from my current wax, any recommendations?
actually i looking at sebastian craft clay or redken 20..

Depends on you, Matt or Shine? :)
Holding power, Redken20 > Sebastian > Joico Erratic
I would recommend aveda too!

how do you guys deal with itchy scalp? it's killing me. :(

You probably have dry scalp, drink more water and do change your diet. Also, get a shampoo suitable for itchy/dry scalp, you can apply olive oil every night and wash off next day. :) Extra virgin olive oil works best.

Shaderer

Reaction score
hi guys, my hair is like this now:
Shaderer

IMG_0546zz.jpg picture by Shaderer - Photobucket

any recommended hairstyles to cut?

also, any recommended place to cut in the west?

thanks!

Last edited:

Geno91

Reaction score
Hi everyone, im new here and looking for a good recommendation to have a haircut. Backtracked and some of you mentioned salons like Lacoco, Hair Sense and Twister@tampines 1. Can anyone recommend stylists from these salons? Wish to get a good haircut since it's nearing CNY.

And personally i've tried Rina @ Lacoco before and she seems kinda in a rush to finish the haircut for me. Did it occur to anyone here? Or is it that my expectations are too high?

Sorry for the many questions! Just being specific some that y'all can answer my questions better. :) Thanks in advance!

tildveryn

Reaction score
chinese new year is coming...

anyone knows when the price would normally increase? and duration for how long?

BYYYBYYY

Reaction score
Hi everyone, im new here and looking for a good recommendation to have a haircut. Backtracked and some of you mentioned salons like Lacoco, Hair Sense and Twister@tampines 1. Can anyone recommend stylists from these salons? Wish to get a good haircut since it's nearing CNY.

And personally i've tried Rina @ Lacoco before and she seems kinda in a rush to finish the haircut for me. Did it occur to anyone here? Or is it that my expectations are too high?

Sorry for the many questions! Just being specific some that y'all can answer my questions better. :) Thanks in advance!

For twister in tamps 1, they recommended Kyson. To me, he is just perhaps better than average... You can try him if u wan!

BYYYBYYY

Reaction score
Calling all experts again, whats the guy you all recommend for the outlet in century sqaure? Cuz i think kyson dun really catch my style. Trying others... Anybody?

Revuelto

Master Member
Reaction score
Any bro tried Loreal Playball working gum before??? Tried a new salon today and the hairstylist uses this... I must say it holds my hair really well and restyle is possible, unlike my moving rubber which makes my hair heavy and greasy at the end of the day... I can see most bros here using Sebastian Clay...

2011RatedLorealPlayBallWorkingGumM_MPreview.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.