The Hair Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

FauxDeMils

Reaction score
Hey guys I am looking for a hairspray that will hold my hair for the whole day. I am currently using Sebastian Craft clay and Sebastian Reshaper Fierce for my hairspray. However, I feel that the hairspray does not have enough holding power for my hair.. it all crumbles down after a few hours leaving my hair look sort of untouched. Which kinda pisses me off as I had to go to the toilet often to redo my hair and this would keep repeating for the whole day lol. I see some of you guys recommending Osis hairspray..but there are ****loads of Osis hairsprays to choose from lol. May I know which is the best for holding my hair and I wouldn't want my hair to look greasy as i would much prefer a matt-y look to it. Any help would be much appreciated thanks in advance! :D

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Grey Uevo is matte. I am buying Uevo Wax tomorrow, will post a review maybe Monday?

Unless anyone recommends Nakano over Uevo?

Waiting for your review before I decided to go for Uevo wax or Hoyu Minitre Ultra Strong wax.

leogeo

Master Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I am looking for a hairspray that will hold my hair for the whole day. I am currently using Sebastian Craft clay and Sebastian Reshaper Fierce for my hairspray. However, I feel that the hairspray does not have enough holding power for my hair.. it all crumbles down after a few hours leaving my hair look sort of untouched. Which kinda pisses me off as I had to go to the toilet often to redo my hair and this would keep repeating for the whole day lol. I see some of you guys recommending Osis hairspray..but there are ****loads of Osis hairsprays to choose from lol. May I know which is the best for holding my hair and I wouldn't want my hair to look greasy as i would much prefer a matt-y look to it. Any help would be much appreciated thanks in advance! :D
i uses Osis strength 3

i only saw this in the shop in Peoples Park centre...$12

inkblot

Reaction score
You mean Uevo wax is sold in Singapore?

Do you mean the Arimino Peace Freeze Wax?

Oh yeah I'm from Canada ha :). I found this forum a little while ago and unlike other forums (used mainly by Americans) you guys know other waxes besides Gatsby and Nakano.

Anyways my little review on Arimino:

Pros: It spread easily into my hair and I was able to create lots of texture and bundles. The hold was pretty good too (keep in mind I used hairspray though), after riding with a bike helmet my hair was still able to be styled afterwards. It is matte too (which I like). It smells alright I guess but I'm not really picky about smell. The packaging is neat as well and I must admit I found myself opening and closing the cap a couple times (it makes this little 'click':s13:).

Cons: I found the wax difficult to wash off, especially since I like to wash my hair at most twice a week. I will probably have to wash it everyday now since water alone doesn't seem to get it off. The wax is pretty expensive too, $38 (CAD) for 80g :s31:.

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah I'm from Canada ha :). I found this forum a little while ago and unlike other forums (used mainly by Americans) you guys know other waxes besides Gatsby and Nakano.

Pros: It spread easily into my hair and I was able to create lots of texture and bundles. The hold was pretty good too (keep in mind I used hairspray though), after riding with a bike helmet my hair was still able to be styled afterwards. It is matte too (which I like). It smells alright I guess but I'm not really picky about smell. The packaging is neat as well and I must admit I found myself opening and closing the cap a couple times (it makes this little 'click':s13:).

Cons: I found the wax difficult to wash off, especially since I like to wash my hair at most twice a week. I will probably have to wash it everyday now since water alone doesn't seem to get it off. The wax is pretty expensive too, $38 (CAD) for 80g :s31:.

Oh, you mean you buy it in Canada?

Currently I am using Arimino Peace Freeze Wax but do not really like it, that why I am sourcing for other wax.

blu3r4in

Reaction score
For all the hair wax i have tried, my personal rating in terms of easy to wash and holding power. Those not mention means i have yet to try :)

Uevo>Renati>Joico>Samurai>Arimino>Nakano>Uno>Gatsby

liteScribble

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

a tip.. without wetting your hair... apply the shampoo first. it may help.

TonyTonyChopper

Reaction score
hi,may i know where to get this Uevo wax and basically how much is it? I know a salon which i used go got sell and the pricing is around $25 and abit far. So ani suggestion?

blu3r4in

Reaction score
hi,may i know where to get this Uevo wax and basically how much is it? I know a salon which i used go got sell and the pricing is around $25 and abit far. So ani suggestion?

i asked my fren to get it in Japan. Cost about 1,400 yen, i think $25 is a reasonable price if available in Singapore. I am also looking for it as my current one is finishing soon, if not i will have to wait for my fren to go on business trip again to get it for me lol. :o

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.