The Hair Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeNshEz

Reaction score
I think pomade will be ideal.

What's the best product to get Psy's hairstyle? Hair gel, pomade, Brylcreem? Recommendations?

2012-09-16-PSYonSNL_jpg_630x352_q85.jpg

mageicial

Reaction score
Hi, I have never really stepped into a hair salon before.
I want to try getting a different hairstyle, but the problem is I don't know what hair style fits me.
I checked online websites and they say you can ask the hairstylist for their opinion?
And for hair salon, do I have to make an appointment before visiting or I can just walk in anytime?

Which salon will you recommend me to go to? (preferably central and east areas)

mgbymgbymgby

Master Member
Reaction score
I want to try getting a different hairstyle, but the problem is I don't know what hair style fits me.
I checked online websites and they say you can ask the hairstylist for their opinion?
And for hair salon, do I have to make an appointment before visiting or I can just walk in anytime?

Depends on what kinda hairstyle you want, some hairstylist might just give you a "default" hairstyle that can't go wrong and won't make you stand out from others. So it's better if you have a hairstyle in mind and then let em' know what kinda hairstyle you want, best is to provide with picture!

Depends on whatkinda salon, if you have a particular hairstylist in mind, appointment would be better. Else you could just walk-in

shin89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys! I just had a new haircut and the hairstylist used this wax/clay that is squeezed from a tube.

Any idea/recommendations for what wax/clay is used/to be used?

MookieTea

Reaction score
Hi guys! I just had a new haircut and the hairstylist used this wax/clay that is squeezed from a tube.

Any idea/recommendations for what wax/clay is used/to be used?

Might wna tell us what color? Might the joico erratic?

kaikaibird

Reaction score
hi can anyone tell me if mucota opera rebonding is like normal rebonding or soft rebonding cause i am afraid it will make my hair flat and unnatural

Derwent Graphite

Master Member
Reaction score

Hairmony at Bugis there. Just had my cut there.. very shiok. Baby is working there now.. help her promote haha. You can go with an idea of what kind of style you want, or if you're like me blur blur, just go there ask her for recommendation. In fact she asked me first before I did.

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Any budget for your hair cut?

PandaNom

Reaction score
Hairmony at Bugis there. Just had my cut there.. very shiok. Baby is working there now.. help her promote haha. You can go with an idea of what kind of style you want, or if you're like me blur blur, just go there ask her for recommendation. In fact she asked me first before I did.

mind pm me baby contact? need to book appointment first not?

Last edited:

zish82

Reaction score

You can try Sam at D Hairwork Salon. It's at the lobby of York Hotel. Just beside Far East Plaza.

Cheers!

3xistence

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
those interested in prejume wax 7, chinatown lvl 3 stocks come liao. left about less than 5 pieces when i bought mine. it was going at $15.

funkedup

Reaction score
You can try Sam at D Hairwork Salon. It's at the lobby of York Hotel. Just beside Far East Plaza.

Cheers!

what's your review for him/her? was thinking of grabbing a pic of my desired hairstyle over there for my haircut

zhaohan

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone used nakano hair wax 6 before?
i find it hard to use, it feels very light and soft and not as matt as it is supposed to be
am i using it wrongly?

clause

Reaction score
Anyone use Aveda Men pure-performance clay here?

I'm using it and I find it to be good. :)

wjiwji

Reaction score
Couldn't find the osis spray at Chinatown anymore. Got the gatsby pink spray instead. Don't know good anot. Anyway, anyone know where can I still get the osis spray?

Metalsubzero

Reaction score
Anybody tried cutting your hair with only a pair of layering scissors? I have a fixed stylist (my sister in law!) who cuts my hair for me at home.. She only uses a pair of layering scissors, but the effect is exactly what I want.. Kindda fortunate I have a sister in law who was an ex stylist.. She would've been a leading stylist if she continued in this trade..

Anyway, I'm actually looking for single shade coloring, any good places to recommend? On a budget so trying my luck to get around $50-80 prices, cheaper will be better! Do not need a hair cut though..

fullguard

Master Member
Reaction score
hello everybody! pardon my questions because i always go to those $10 hairsalon one...

anybody have experience with northpoint's kimage? i am lookling for a more trendy korean men hairstyle, so im wondering if there are any stylists there that i should look for. should i give the stylist a pic and ask the person to cut or let the stylist decide what is best for my face shape and head structure?

i have very straight and quite thin hair. my sides are quite short, about 2cm, while my top is a good 4-5cm. any recommended korean hairstyles for me? i dont want those long long type and very complicated to style one. i simple and trendy one would do.

lastly, you know now quite popular some guys de back their hair is like one layer overlap the other...not really sure how to say. anybody has an inkling of what im saying? if i want to cut that style how to tell the stylist ah? overlap? undercut? i cant find a decent pic online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.