The Hair Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

kampong boi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hello everybody! pardon my questions because i always go to those $10 hairsalon one...

anybody have experience with northpoint's kimage? i am lookling for a more trendy korean men hairstyle, so im wondering if there are any stylists there that i should look for. should i give the stylist a pic and ask the person to cut or let the stylist decide what is best for my face shape and head structure?

i have very straight and quite thin hair. my sides are quite short, about 2cm, while my top is a good 4-5cm. any recommended korean hairstyles for me? i dont want those long long type and very complicated to style one. i simple and trendy one would do.

lastly, you know now quite popular some guys de back their hair is like one layer overlap the other...not really sure how to say. anybody has an inkling of what im saying? if i want to cut that style how to tell the stylist ah? overlap? undercut? i cant find a decent pic online

imo, kimage will not be a bad start from the usual $10 haircut, best is to show them a picture but then again don't expect to turn into a korean superstar overnight.

3xistence

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Couldn't find the osis spray at Chinatown anymore. Got the gatsby pink spray instead. Don't know good anot. Anyway, anyone know where can I still get the osis spray?

did you try both swanson and ocean? and if they don't have, u can try other shops. There are quite alot of other shops selling osis products at that building. just that maybe more costly

i bought my dust it at $16 from another shop in the buidling when swanson and ocean don't have it.

wjiwji

Reaction score
did you try both swanson and ocean? and if they don't have, u can try other shops. There are quite alot of other shops selling osis products at that building. just that maybe more costly

i bought my dust it at $16 from another shop in the buidling when swanson and ocean don't have it.

wah omg. I thought only Swanson! :(

EquinOoX

Master Member
Reaction score
anyone wanna order pomade? This ones looks good but shipping is 40 usd lol looking to share with peeps

Shop Barber Products - Classic Pomade, Fiber Grease, After Shave, Oil

product-gel-pomade-sm.jpg

zish82

Reaction score
what's your review for him/her? was thinking of grabbing a pic of my desired hairstyle over there for my haircut

he's good. nice and friendly. I always go to his salon for my hair cut. Gives me good advice if i want to change my hair style.

fullguard

Master Member
Reaction score
imo, kimage will not be a bad start from the usual $10 haircut, best is to show them a picture but then again don't expect to turn into a korean superstar overnight.

thanks!

if i want to cut a hairstyle something like this:

Mens-Korean-Boy-Hairstyle2.jpg

do you think they can do it?

i have prom night soon, would they allow it if i go back on the day of my prom itself for them to help style my hair? im bad with wax...

kampong boi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thanks!

http://www.shophairextensions.co.uk/news/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Mens-Korean-Boy-Hairstyle2.jpg[IMG]

i have prom night soon, would they allow it if i go back on the day of my prom itself for them to help style my hair? im bad with wax...[/QUOTE]

shld not be too hard if you have enough volume of hair to cut that. you cut on the day itself? if not you ask the stylist if you can come back on that day for him/her to style for you? i

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thanks!

Mens-Korean-Boy-Hairstyle2.jpg

i have prom night soon, would they allow it if i go back on the day of my prom itself for them to help style my hair? im bad with wax...

Another question is whether your existing hair texture allowed you to cut that hairstyle.

mesmeriz3

Suspended
Reaction score
ehh help.. i need suggestions. if i (girl) do cornrow braids at the side of my head, will come across as very lian anot?

takuyazzz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi guys, any wax or clay + spray combi to recommend? Need my hairstyle to stay intact for at least 4-6 hours for a function. Best if products are available from peoples park lvl2/3 cos i'll need them by the end this weekend. Prefer matt look.

Currently using joico erratic, but it doesnt hold well enough. when wind blows then GG already.

TIA!

vampayne

Reaction score
JUST CANT HOLD

Hello everybody,

I am trying to do a slicked back undercut but the products (Redken rough clay 20 & Joico) I am using just cannot hold. They are not strong enough I feel. I guess my hair is very stubborn.

The hair at the top right-hand side kept falling down to the side of the undercut.

The height of my hair was also reducing at the same time. I kept push them to the back & left to make them stand but they kept falling down to the right. Five minutes after leaving house, it was out of shape already.

I did blow-dry my hair before styling but the difference is not much.

Increasing the amount of clay didnt help.

Tried hair spray after styling but the difference is not much and I don't like the wet look.

I prefer a more natural, matt look.

Strongly need your advise (recommend a product, styling tips etc.)

Thank you so much.

I have:
Joico erratic
Redken Rough Clay 20
Gatsby Pink-colour moving rubber (strongest moving rubber)

My Shampoo: Sunsilk (black)
Conditioner: Sunsilk (pink)

3xistence

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi guys, any wax or clay + spray combi to recommend? Need my hairstyle to stay intact for at least 4-6 hours for a function. Best if products are available from peoples park lvl2/3 cos i'll need them by the end this weekend. Prefer matt look.

Currently using joico erratic, but it doesnt hold well enough. when wind blows then GG already.

TIA!

my hair use to gg too when i just use wax only. but recently i tried the combi of osis dust it + wax + osis spray and it seems to last longer.

zhaohan

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
osis matt gum users, just saw it for $15 only at beauty language

KeNshEz

Reaction score
Hi there, have you ever used Hanz De Fuko Pomade? Perfect for slick back styles. If you do not like shine, we have spongewax and quicksand too. What more, its certified Natural and organic.

Hello everybody,

I am trying to do a slicked back undercut but the products (Redken rough clay 20 & Joico) I am using just cannot hold. They are not strong enough I feel. I guess my hair is very stubborn.

The hair at the top right-hand side kept falling down to the side of the undercut.

The height of my hair was also reducing at the same time. I kept push them to the back & left to make them stand but they kept falling down to the right. Five minutes after leaving house, it was out of shape already.

I did blow-dry my hair before styling but the difference is not much.

Increasing the amount of clay didnt help.

Tried hair spray after styling but the difference is not much and I don't like the wet look.

I prefer a more natural, matt look.

Strongly need your advise (recommend a product, styling tips etc.)

Thank you so much.

I have:
Joico erratic
Redken Rough Clay 20
Gatsby Pink-colour moving rubber (strongest moving rubber)

My Shampoo: Sunsilk (black)
Conditioner: Sunsilk (pink)

Last edited:

vampayne

Reaction score
Sponge Wax

According to your web site, Sponge Wax has the strongest hold out of the three recommendations. Is it stronger than Redken rough clay 20 and Joico erratic?

Hi there, have you ever used Hanz De Fuko Pomade? Perfect for slick back styles. If you do not like shine, we have spongewax and quicksand too. What more, its certified Natural and organic.

therealhanzo

Reaction score
Hi all. I am looking for a new stylist having just completed NS. My previous one 2 years back have increased her prices beyond my range so I'm looking to switch. I'm looking at $2x. My hair length will probably be kept short hence the unwillingness to spend more. In fact most likely like this length. Best is if I can get a cut and wash together for that range. Any recommendations?

20120216_bigbang_seungri-600x867.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.