The Hair Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoggyBear

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone have problems with pimple on ur scalp? I have a lot at the back of my head. Any way to resolve?

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thanks for the reply bro! which uevo specifically? and i assume its easily washed off right?

Ehh. I can't remember what's the name but its the one in a greyish cube. I bought it from hairyportal.

Yes, can wash off easily and has a nice fragrance as well.

Reaction score
Anyone can recommen me a wax for me to style my hair in a spiky way? Would prefer one that is strong and hold for the whole day without giving the wet look. Would also like some recommendation of hairspray that wouldnt giv the wet look,will hold my hair and dosent contain alcohol(preference) as it might damage my hair?

jackdoe

Reaction score
Any recommended brand for hair wax?

The look I'm going for is not glossy, but more to volume and thickness.

I'm ordering from HairyPortal, so if anyone orders from there, please do recommend.

Thanks.

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I believe Uevo is not really meant for everyone as mentioned by seller through PM. Its meant for people with short and stubborn hair.

Like for me, I can only keep short hair and my style is mallet so Uevo suits me better since the hold is really strong.

Zahlen

Reaction score
Any recommended brand for hair wax?

The look I'm going for is not glossy, but more to volume and thickness.

I'm ordering from HairyPortal, so if anyone orders from there, please do recommend.

Thanks.

I don't think volume and thickness can be achieved just by wax alone? Usually have to blow dry.. Then apply wax to mold the hair and give it texture.. A good blow dry makes a huge difference

jackdoe

Reaction score
I don't think volume and thickness can be achieved just by wax alone? Usually have to blow dry.. Then apply wax to mold the hair and give it texture.. A good blow dry makes a huge difference

Yeah I understand, I do blow dry my hair after showering. But after applying wax (I'm currently using joico) the volume stays there for awhile, but as the day passed, the volume didnt retain anymore.

I was thinking of getting the pink samourai wax?

CygnusAres

Reaction score
Would like to have two blocks cut here, any recommendations where to have this cut? or just those $10 EC, QB will do?

Cheers!

Me Shiat Brix

Reaction score
I believe Uevo is not really meant for everyone as mentioned by seller through PM. Its meant for people with short and stubborn hair.

Like for me, I can only keep short hair and my style is mallet so Uevo suits me better since the hold is really strong.
it works for my pompadour kinda hair. which is a little long tho and my hair isnt that stubborn. kinda straight and easy to play with

dunemaster

Reaction score
I want to thank Baby (hairstylist)and Ken (color technician)

There was this time when my gf and I were still doing our hair color at the salon even when it's past the closing time, but Baby and Ken didn't rush through the process, and meticulously did our hair.

Enjoyed chatting with them, thanks man!

Last edited:

yuangc

Reaction score
i am also looking for palema...

feel it's better than Joico. easier to wash off too.

Anyone knows where to get this besides from salons? My salon sells its for $22

the salon near my place has it. hougang street 21. you want can pass you the salon number

Reaction score
KIT From Hair Inn at NEX

This is a long shot but if anyone knows where hairstylist Kit formerly from Hair Inn at Nex Serangoon went, pls pm me.

The people working there understandably claim not to have his contact number :s8:

osirisx

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone here knows where to get redken mousse besides salon?

those shops from chinatown, toa payoh and amk don't stock them

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yeah I understand, I do blow dry my hair after showering. But after applying wax (I'm currently using joico) the volume stays there for awhile, but as the day passed, the volume didnt retain anymore.

I was thinking of getting the pink samourai wax?

Try using saltwater spray. Saltwater works in the way that it dries your hair (not in damaging manner tho) and creates hair volume for you instantly. Most asians, like us, have very straight hair so it will be very flat when dry. Use saltwater spray onto your damp hair after shower and blow dry. Trust me, u definitely need lesser wax to style it after then and u will look much better and natural.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.