The Hair Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thanks! any idea where to get it and how much?

U can get it at Venus Beauty, located all around SG. Personally, i tried out their Giovanni deep cleansing shampoo from US at $10.90 (250ml) but it doesn't work as well as my current one. I am using vantachi deep cleansing from Japan.

Alternatively, u can consider Redken deep cleansing (comes in many different colours) which is about $42. Expensive but i heard its good though. Never try it out myself coz i find it too expensive to do so. LOL

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any good places to cut in West side?

You can try Shirley Mah salon around Lakeside area. Recommended by friend to try it out. Hairstylist name is Ivan. Google for shirley mah and you should get search results pretty easily. :)

Perfect1onist

Reaction score
This is a repost from my previous post. Can someone kindly help me with it? :)

Hi, I would like to ask;
1) where can I buy cheaper Renati rock hard? Not those at salons one.

2) may I have baby's contact number(hp no. preferably)? (let me know if you pm me her no.)
I want to try getting a hair cut from her. Those $10 cuts I had at neighbourhood always cut one side long and another side short

3) anyone knows where I can buy T3 or Sedu hairdryers in sg? if not, any other tourmaline ionic ceramic hair dryer to recommend? minimum spec must have ionic feature.

4) im just curious, why isn't there much/any reviews about fudge matte hed/extra around the net and in this thread? too ex, rare, really no good at all? good salons tend to carry their products though..

thanks for reading and answering my question(s)

osirisx

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Typical answer will be hair spray. But hair spray can be expensive if you keep spamming it, not to mention the headaches that you will have if you use too much of it.

Consider using hair powder/saltwater spray to create hair volume. Pour a bit of hair powder onto your palms and rub it. Then style your hair accordingly before applying your usual wax/clay. U will see how your hair volume is automatically created for you. Then style it as normal with your wax/clay and u definitely use lesser wax than normal. Do not underestimate hair powder as it can be really strong. And hair powder is self explanatory. Being lightweight, it will not pull down your hair at all. So you will have no worries about not lasting through the entire day then. :)

P.S. Do not use hair powder and saltwater spray together. They are substitutes not complements. If u persist in doing so, prepare to stay at home after doing it.

What's the difference between osis dust-it powder and the salt spray?
Find that dust-it feels a little stiff, so I use mousse instead for the volume.
Saw on youtube that u should use salt spray only once/twice a week due to drying effect.(my hair is also quite dry)

Any difference between the 3?

u also mentioned deep cleansing shampoo, heard that its not recommended for dyed hair correct?

Last edited:

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You can try Shirley Mah salon around Lakeside area. Recommended by friend to try it out. Hairstylist name is Ivan. Google for shirley mah and you should get search results pretty easily. :)

Shirley Mah don't cut mallet hairstyles. I live near there.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What's the difference between osis dust-it powder and the salt spray?
Find that dust-it feels a little stiff, so I use mousse instead for the volume.
Saw on youtube that u should use salt spray only once/twice a week due to drying effect.(my hair is also quite dry)

Any difference between the 3?

u also mentioned deep cleansing shampoo, heard that its not recommended for dyed hair correct?

Powder and saltwater spray can be used on wet/dry hair. I agree that it can be a bit stiff when u apply hair powder. In fact, it will be the case for both hair powder and saltwater spray because it works in this way. (dries your hair and creates volume)

Personally, i use saltwater spray everyday and supplement it with hair mask once in a while, to condition my hair so i don't really think the drying effect is very significant if you really do take good care of your hair. Its not that serious even if you don't use hair mask, to be frank. Difference between saltwater spray and hair powder is that saltwater spray will produce best results while used on damp hair. Hair powder should be applied on dry hair for best results. Other than that, both of them creates awesome hair volume almost instantly. One thing to note is that these two are in fact substitutes so do not use them together.

On the other hand, for hair powder. For best results, what i realize is that apply it onto dry hair. Hair volume will definitely be created upon usage. For the case of OSIS dust it, it lies with the product itself. U might have a harder time washing it off as compared to other brands. For e.g., i am using Powder On Mattifying Effect from UK now and i have an easier time washing it off and applying it, as compared to OSIS dust it when i used it too.

As for mousse, i don't like to apply foamy stuffs onto my hair. So i did not exactly use it before. Can't provide my opinions on this.

Deep cleansing can be used on dyed hair. I am using it almost everyday and my hair colour is still there. So no worries.

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Those $10 cuts I had at neighbourhood always cut one side long and another side short :(

Now really very hard to find those good $10 cuts. I tried a few places of those $10 - $15 cuts, usually always cut not balance one. :(

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Erm,

Kobayashi pricing is $50 per cut right? Any recommended hair stylist to choose if I wanna cut mallet? :s11:

Is the Shua lady recommended to cut at her place? :s11:

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Erm,

Kobayashi pricing is $50 per cut right? Any recommended hair stylist to choose if I wanna cut mallet? :s11:

Is the Shua lady recommended to cut at her place? :s11:

The pricing at Kobayashi depends on the hair stylist ranging from $28 to $50.

dj_flame

Reaction score
Any recs for Tampines/Simei/Pasir Ris area? Getting a trim for $28 every 3-4 weeks is a bit too ex, my hair just grows too damn fast.

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just now went to Kobayashi cut hair. Cut by this female hairstylist. She's located at the 5th level branch. She cut really to my liking. This $28 quite well spent. Don't really know what's her name though. Her name seems Vietnamese to me.

kampong boi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just now went to Kobayashi cut hair. Cut by this female hairstylist. She's located at the 5th level branch. She cut really to my liking. This $28 quite well spent. Don't really know what's her name though. Her name seems Vietnamese to me.

Could be Su.

there is only 3 female stylist at that branch, all 3 are different grades

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.