The Hair Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Tired purple for my quiff and slight undercut. So far so good. Not pushy in sales. Chatty. Quite cute also. But skills wise, it's worth my $28 bucks. Btw she's at kobayashi too.

zish82

Reaction score
arimino peace freeze wax can find at where? i went to chinatown (swanston and ocean) but cant find....

We have Arimino Peace Freeze wax available at hairyportal.com

Syoss ture hard wax is available at our store as well!

Cheers!

netzach

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Su Su cut for me the mullet I wanted. I would always go back and look for her.

bro bo come my house let me cut mullet for you??

:o:o:o

031609blog_desperatehousewives.JPG

Shinji Ikari

Reaction score
hey guys, now what's the fashionable color for guy hair?
feel like bleaching it.. my hair is typical short hair with fringe till eyebrow there, hair quality is not very straight, abit frizzy

Studded

Reaction score
hey guys, now what's the fashionable color for guy hair?
feel like bleaching it.. my hair is typical short hair with fringe till eyebrow there, hair quality is not very straight, abit frizzy

Brown, copper brown. I don't recommend people with frizzy hair to bleach their hair, might damage the hair even more

blurkingz

Reaction score
hello experts out there, would like to have a new hairstyle. My hair is too frizzy and pom pom and i think its because i shampoo daily and damaged my hair? Will using conditioner helps?

By the way, how to tell the hairstylist to cut something like this
show-luo-12.jpg
?

Especially the sides! Thanks!

3xistence

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hello experts out there, would like to have a new hairstyle. My hair is too frizzy and pom pom and i think its because i shampoo daily and damaged my hair? Will using conditioner helps?

By the way, how to tell the hairstylist to cut something like this
show-luo-12.jpg
?

Especially the sides! Thanks!

just show the picture to stylist via handphone. picture tells a thousand words. better than u and your guessing what each other is talking about.

blurkingz

Reaction score
hahaha but i very shy!! i scare the hairstylist will think i show luo wannabe :( or later the hairstylist burst into laughter :( i just want the side to be like the photo and middle looks thick thick.... but i dont want them to cut slope or what so how to describe??

Shinji Ikari

Reaction score
guys, i have no sideburn...like no hair where sideburns should be.
born like that, so for me those shave sides hairstyle is out right? since will look very weird

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hahaha but i very shy!! i scare the hairstylist will think i show luo wannabe :( or later the hairstylist burst into laughter :( i just want the side to be like the photo and middle looks thick thick.... but i dont want them to cut slope or what so how to describe??

Just tell them undercut and they will get what you mean. They will most prob double confirm with you that both sides will be short.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
guys, i have no sideburn...like no hair where sideburns should be.
born like that, so for me those shave sides hairstyle is out right? since will look very weird

Not really. I personally dont like to keep side burns too. Mine will get a lil curly when its too long so i just shaved it off. Shaved sides normally shave the side burn away with it too.

blurkingz

Reaction score
Just tell them undercut and they will get what you mean. They will most prob double confirm with you that both sides will be short.

Thanks for the tips, by the way, my hair is very frizzy and pom pom how to overcome this problem? I think cutting layered hair is not suitable for me?? The middle portion always standing up.... how to flatten it?

Or how should i tell the barber to like trim but not cut short the middle part and let it grow?

kampong boi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the tips, by the way, my hair is very frizzy and pom pom how to overcome this problem? I think cutting layered hair is not suitable for me?? The middle portion always standing up.... how to flatten it?

Or how should i tell the barber to like trim but not cut short the middle part and let it grow?

for you is the middle? mine is the sides keep standing up.

either you 1)rebond 2)wear a cap often 3)use product like clay or wax to press it down

but for you is the middle part, not many want it flat as they usually style their hair to give it some shape. well it depend from person to person too.

Shinji Ikari

Reaction score
someone enlighten me on what they mean.

Shampoo & Blow
Shampoo & Style
Shampoo & Cut

do they mean shampoo and blow literally? so if i want go cut hair should choose the last option?

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Bro, you have no idea how lucky you are. People have to try all kinds of means and measures to allow their hair look "pom pom". But back to your question, besides rebonding and applying hair products to flatten it, i cant really think of anything else. People cut layered is to allow the hair to look volumize as well as getting rid of the "thick" look. Coz when one's hair looks thick, it doesn't really portray a clean and tidy look, at least for me though.

So if you are still alright with thick hair on top, just say in the purest laymen's terms to the hairstylist (don't go to barber if you want to change your hairstyle; go to them if you need trims). Using idiot-proof terms proved to be the safest way for all. But if you were to ask me, i would say make full use of your hair's nature of being volumized and apply some wax/clay to it. You'll look great. :)

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
someone enlighten me on what they mean.

Shampoo & Blow
Shampoo & Style
Shampoo & Cut

do they mean shampoo and blow literally? so if i want go cut hair should choose the last option?

I think hair salons or any other shops out there all make their terms as layman as possible. Based on interpretation of these terms, first one is just to shampoo and blow dry (nothing more is done). Second one is to help you style (of coz with blow dry; doesn't cost them an arm and a leg to blow dry for you). And yup, you are right. If you want to cut then its the last option but depending on the salon itself, some might not help you style after cut. But most salons do.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
for you is the middle? mine is the sides keep standing up.

either you 1)rebond 2)wear a cap often 3)use product like clay or wax to press it down

but for you is the middle part, not many want it flat as they usually style their hair to give it some shape. well it depend from person to person too.

Try shaving off the sides to solve your problem, bro. Many, including me, have this problem with the sides too. Thats why if you take a look out there, most hairstyles for guy cant run away from shaved sides. Alternatively, apply some saltwater spray onto your sides then use wax/clay to press it down. It will be easier to do that as compared to w/o saltwater spray.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.