The Hair Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

kampong boi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Try shaving off the sides to solve your problem, bro. Many, including me, have this problem with the sides too. Thats why if you take a look out there, most hairstyles for guy cant run away from shaved sides. Alternatively, apply some saltwater spray onto your sides then use wax/clay to press it down. It will be easier to do that as compared to w/o saltwater spray.

been shaving the sides, I even went as short as number 1 on the sides before I went on a long overseas trip. the stylist say I will regret rebonding because it affects the top too, so i never try it

may i know how to get saltwater sprays?

thks

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
been shaving the sides, I even went as short as number 1 on the sides before I went on a long overseas trip. the stylist say I will regret rebonding because it affects the top too, so i never try it

may i know how to get saltwater sprays?

thks

Can consider trying out OS Fashion Sea Spray. I pm-ed you already. Cheers!

blurkingz

Reaction score
Bro, you have no idea how lucky you are. People have to try all kinds of means and measures to allow their hair look "pom pom". But back to your question, besides rebonding and applying hair products to flatten it, i cant really think of anything else. People cut layered is to allow the hair to look volumize as well as getting rid of the "thick" look. Coz when one's hair looks thick, it doesn't really portray a clean and tidy look, at least for me though.

So if you are still alright with thick hair on top, just say in the purest laymen's terms to the hairstylist (don't go to barber if you want to change your hairstyle; go to them if you need trims). Using idiot-proof terms proved to be the safest way for all. But if you were to ask me, i would say make full use of your hair's nature of being volumized and apply some wax/clay to it. You'll look great. :)

Haha... NONO! My hair is terrible. When its short, its like durian!! I also have problem with my sides... when its short , everything look so messy cuz its like shooting out at all directions... Thats why i keep long hair now but not sure how to cut it..

As for the sides, if i ask the hairstylist to shave most of the time they will shave until so high like normal slope which i dont really like! So i hoping can get like the photo i showed earlier!

By the way, whats the layman term i could use to tell the hairstylist for the top middle part of my head and sides?

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Haha... NONO! My hair is terrible. When its short, its like durian!! I also have problem with my sides... when its short , everything look so messy cuz its like shooting out at all directions... Thats why i keep long hair now but not sure how to cut it..

As for the sides, if i ask the hairstylist to shave most of the time they will shave until so high like normal slope which i dont really like! So i hoping can get like the photo i showed earlier!

By the way, whats the layman term i could use to tell the hairstylist for the top middle part of my head and sides?

Haha i think i mentioned it previously. U can just tell your hairstylist undercut. They will get what you mean. Meaning the hairstyle that show luo had. If you dont wan too high slope, you can specify it to your hairstylist too. Nowadays, most hairstyles are all like that. Its pretty normal. Btw, its not about cutting until very short lah. But its your preference too. #JustSaying.

Bak_Chor_Mee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

bro u r not alone. i am same as u. keep long hair, hard to style damn pek chek, cut too short also look damn fugly damn pek chek :s13:

blurkingz

Reaction score
bro u r not alone. i am same as u. keep long hair, hard to style damn pek chek, cut too short also look damn fugly damn pek chek :s13:

YES YES YES Sibeh FAN!!!! the only time i feel my hair is alright is when its not too long and not too short and after i wear a cap then the hair shape wont be too "explosive" style...

By the way, for dry and frizzy hair, using conditioners are good? May i know how to use and whats the frequency to use conditioners? My scalp is abit oily after a day's work but my hair is super dry maybe due to everyday washing with shampoo... And will this help flatten my pom pom hair? :(

Thanks leejhong! I will try the next time. How about the middle top part? Should i ask them to trim or thin my hair(but thinning my hair usually leads to my hair even more POM POM!) or how should i tell them so that i wont hair like a few strands of hair standing in the middle......

Any recommendation for budget and good hairstylist? By the way, what are the popular colours for hair nowadays?

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
YES YES YES Sibeh FAN!!!! the only time i feel my hair is alright is when its not too long and not too short and after i wear a cap then the hair shape wont be too "explosive" style...

By the way, for dry and frizzy hair, using conditioners are good? May i know how to use and whats the frequency to use conditioners? My scalp is abit oily after a day's work but my hair is super dry maybe due to everyday washing with shampoo... And will this help flatten my pom pom hair? :(

Thanks leejhong! I will try the next time. How about the middle top part? Should i ask them to trim or thin my hair(but thinning my hair usually leads to my hair even more POM POM!) or how should i tell them so that i wont hair like a few strands of hair standing in the middle......

Any recommendation for budget and good hairstylist? By the way, what are the popular colours for hair nowadays?

Basically, why conditioner will make your hair feel smooth is because its oil-based. So you can use conditioner to make it feel smooth and many use it to make sure that those wax/clay/extra hair products being used are effectively washed away. But since your scalp is oily, i am not sure if you should use conditioner though. Alternatively, its hair mask. It works better than conditioner and it provides nutrients for your hair. But needless to say, its more expensive than conditioner though.

Because my hair is very FLAT and doesnt look pom pom, i always ask them to cut layered on top else i will look very haggard. Again, it depends on the hairstyle that you want to create. Find a good hairstylist and let him/her do the worrying for you. :) Personally, i dont feel that pom pom hair is a problem. You just got to find the right way to suit you.

Good hairstylists i think there are many. U can see the other threads that talk about hair salons etc. I think the information there are much more comprehensive! :D Bleach your hair? Ash grey? lol i think it will look nice. But if you have dry and frizzy hair, and wan to "chemically" pamper your hair, my advice is to think twice. After thinking twice and you still want to go ahead, do it with a hair mask.

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Osis+ Freeze +3 the smell I don't like sia. Got any other hair sprays to recommend whereby able to hold as strong as Osis+ but smell is fruity kind? :s11:

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Osis+ Freeze +3 the smell I don't like sia. Got any other hair sprays to recommend whereby able to hold as strong as Osis+ but smell is fruity kind? :s11:

You can try Powerpoint Hair Spray 400ml from Japan. Selling point is lightweight and it won't pull down your hair, unlike many other hair sprays. Pm-ed you already. :)

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I always cut my hair once a month. Always go and trim my sides to really short. Not sure of it's worth it to go to the salon or go to Barber to ask them trim the sides? Anyone experience asking Barber to trim the sides only? A bit scare they screw up my hair.

Or go to those $10 place to trim.

Gonna try American crew fiber. Heard its good. Lol currently using hanz De fuko scheme cream and redKen disheveled fiber cream. I realise the fiber cream super dry. Very Matt but the hold not so strong.
Asian hair like ours no texture one. Very flat. Blow alr also flat.

Last edited:

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I always cut my hair once a month. Always go and trim my sides to really short. Not sure of it's worth it to go to the salon or go to Barber to ask them trim the sides? Anyone experience asking Barber to trim the sides only? A bit scare they screw up my hair.

Gonna try American crew fiber. Heard its good. Lol currently using hanz De fuko scheme cream and redKen disheveled fiber cream. I realise the fiber cream super dry. Very Matt but the hold not so strong.

Saltwater spray is the SOLUTION to FLAT hair! :D

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
is the hold strong? looking for something extremely strong

Hold for powerpoint is almost as good as OSIS+. OSIS's selling point is its extreme strong control. But what i like about Powerpoint is that its lightweight. Most hairsprays will pull down your hair or make your hair too hard hence, looking very unnatural. Powerpoint does not land you up in that situation for sure; yet giving you the wanted strong control and natural look. :)

VainKid

Master Member
Reaction score
Saltwater spray is the SOLUTION to FLAT hair! :D

Hi bro, wanna check with can these salt water spray retain Volume for long hours even if I decide not to style my hair like on a weekend? I mean just natural look with volume.

Not sure if there's a solution to my hair, I've gone through many pages of this thread and read up some advice you offered (thanks), I have oily scalp and yet frizzy hair (baby hair strand pointing upward to the sky) but after trying out those after market brand (sun silk) hair mask, my scalp got worsen and produce more oil than the past. What do you recommend for this problem? Any solution to prevent baby hair from pointing to the sky? My hair aren't straight and the end curl badly too. Does rebonding the ends of hair strands helps?

Thanks

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You can try Powerpoint Hair Spray 400ml from Japan. Selling point is lightweight and it won't pull down your hair, unlike many other hair sprays. Pm-ed you already. :)

I'm still considering. Thanks for the offer.

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Last time I cut liao, then always go back to my house here the malay barber ask him trim the sides nia. The problem is they trim sides, sometimes also have to trim the back to match properly.

Me Shiat Brix

Reaction score
Hold for powerpoint is almost as good as OSIS+. OSIS's selling point is its extreme strong control. But what i like about Powerpoint is that its lightweight. Most hairsprays will pull down your hair or make your hair too hard hence, looking very unnatural. Powerpoint does not land you up in that situation for sure; yet giving you the wanted strong control and natural look. :)
i think osis is lightweight as well?

looks like ur selling the powerpoint thing but its not on ur website.. how do i get it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.