The Hair Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Maybe cut expensive once nd go to those cheap neighborhood salon and trim the sides for 12 bucks. Lol

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Maybe cut expensive once nd go to those cheap neighborhood salon and trim the sides for 12 bucks. Lol

The salons over my place always never cut the style I wanted. Neither here nor there type. I believe only Shirley Mah is good.

But last time trim sides, I just go malay barber. $5 nia. :s13:

saiyan2005

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Give deep cleansing shampoo a try. It removes excess oil and dirt from your hair. You might feel a bit dry after usage, but once u towel dry your hair, you will instead feel refreshed. Especially useful for guys who style their hair everyday, this product deep cleanses your hair. Am pretty sure no one wants these products to stay on your hair huh.

wat are deep cleansing shampoo u can recommend??currently using the bawang shampoo not sure gd or not

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wat are deep cleansing shampoo u can recommend??currently using the bawang shampoo not sure gd or not

Yeah I also interested in a deep cleansing shampoo. I've been using Herbal Essence for quite a long time liao.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi bro, wanna check with can these salt water spray retain Volume for long hours even if I decide not to style my hair like on a weekend? I mean just natural look with volume.

Not sure if there's a solution to my hair, I've gone through many pages of this thread and read up some advice you offered (thanks), I have oily scalp and yet frizzy hair (baby hair strand pointing upward to the sky) but after trying out those after market brand (sun silk) hair mask, my scalp got worsen and produce more oil than the past. What do you recommend for this problem? Any solution to prevent baby hair from pointing to the sky? My hair aren't straight and the end curl badly too. Does rebonding the ends of hair strands helps?

Thanks

Hey bro, saltwater spray is definitely capable of retaining volume for long hours. Of coz it goes best with some minimal volume of wax/clay before going out on any normal day. But it does fine without any of them too. Like what you said, just a natural look with volume. Alternatively, hair powder is also possible coz it gives you more control over how you want to volumize your hair. Volumizing with some desire to style, i would say.

No problem, just offering the 2 cents worth of opinions i have. Its good that you are trying out hair mask on the market but one thing to take note of is that hair mask is not supposed to touch your scalp and its supposed to be applied on the hair ends only. Also, do not use hair mask for more than thrice a week. 2 - 3 times per week is already sufficient. This is because excessive usage of hair mask will make your hair even more oily, which totally defeats the purpose of using hair mask. In a nutshell, hair mask is better than hair conditioner and is good for conditioning and giving your hair the required nutrients. But do take note of the things that i mentioned earlier and you should be doing fine. Different brands of hair masks give different results too so it really differs from brand to brand. Nigelle DS TF treatment is one of the best hair masks out there (its salon exclusive).

If i were in your shoes facing problems of baby hairs standing up, i would use wax to control it. Of coz it will be better if saltwater spray can be used too. Rebonding will chemically change the structure of your hair which makes it even straighter (which i really cant find many guys who look good after rebonding). However your problem of frizzy hair is still there (rebonding is not solving frizzy hair) and might worsen as chemically "pampering" your hair will damage your hair further. So you might not even have frizzy hair problems, split ends or even dry/damaged hair will be finding you too. Then you will tend to use more hair mask and perhaps, your condition might worsen. So if i were you, i will not consider rebonding.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Give vantachi deep cleansing shampoo from japan a try. It works perfectly well for me. Always feeling so refreshed after my shower. Pm-ed you already. :)

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yeah I also interested in a deep cleansing shampoo. I've been using Herbal Essence for quite a long time liao.

There are many brands of shampoo, including deep cleansing shampoo out there. But i am using Vantachi deep cleansing shampoo from japan. Pm-ed you too as well. :)

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i think osis is lightweight as well?

looks like ur selling the powerpoint thing but its not on ur website.. how do i get it?

OSIS is definitely not lightweight. The main selling point for OSIS is its extreme strong control and holding power that not many hair sprays can fight with it. Even powerpoint, i do not dare to say that the holding power is stronger than OSIS. However, the smell and non-lightweight are some of the factors why i find Powerpoint to be better than OSIS. At the end of the day, there is no winner but just finding some products that suit you and to use on different days. :)

It's up on my site already. Just added it but i am just left with 1 for now. Stocks for this wont be coming in so soon though. Pm-ed you already. :)

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The salons over my place always never cut the style I wanted. Neither here nor there type. I believe only Shirley Mah is good.

But last time trim sides, I just go malay barber. $5 nia. :s13:

I stay at Woodlands but i cut my hair over at Shirley Mah too. LOL. Went twice already and will be perming my hair after my reservist. There are definitely better salons out there but in terms of price-performance ratio, Shirley Mah is one of the better ones in this context.

SoggyBear

Master Member
Reaction score
Those having pimple on scalp problem can try using clairol anti dandruff shampoo. Been using for a month and the amount of pimple have been reduced by quite a lot :)

Jeremy1

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Moi just went to see a GP and confirm I had fungal scalp infection...........................:sad:

groovinZhou

Reaction score
Hi guys. Do you normally tip your hair stylist? If do how much usually it? I just made appt with purple at kobayashi.

Thinking to try Rina at Salon B but she is full till Monday. Her rate now is $80

Thx

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys. Do you normally tip your hair stylist? If do how much usually it? I just made appt with purple at kobayashi.

Thinking to try Rina at Salon B but she is full till Monday. Her rate now is $80

Thx

For me no. Peasant to begin with, buay sai anyhow give tips. :sad:

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I never tip my hair stylist one. Lol. Just got another haircut from purple ytd. Her schedule super packed man. Got 1 guy even don't mind waking in and wait for her to cut even thought she told him that she might not have time for him. Madness. Vivian also quite popular.

Now my hair a bit short for sleek side comb but shld be ok to do a slight quiff

Changsha23

Reaction score
I never tip my hair stylist one. Lol. Just got another haircut from purple ytd. Her schedule super packed man. Got 1 guy even don't mind waking in and wait for her to cut even thought she told him that she might not have time for him. Madness. Vivian also quite popular.

Now my hair a bit short for sleek side comb but shld be ok to do a slight quiff

I agree that purple is SUPER HOT!
I went for my routine hair cut at Kobayashi hair design today and wow damn packed! Not joking. They posted the packed situation on their FB. Although I made appointment for purple, she is so fully booked that I had to wait for quite a while. But it's ok. Hee. Having to wait means I am in the hands of a good stylist. I don't mind changing to Vivian but Vivian also fully booked. These 2 damn power. So popular. The Kobayashi boss came to apologize on behalf of his stylists. Great guy. Humble fella.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.