The Hair Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, am noob in hair products. Hence would like to get some advice for it. If i shaved my side and wanted to side comb so the top wont kept on fly down , what type and brand of wax or clay or spray would be more suitable to hold it there?

Is there any type or brand where after you applied, it wont be that visible or hard such that your hair will still look close to natural like never apply wax or clay like that?

Is there any place where i can buy it from? Although i read that hairyportal sells these products? Thanks a lot and hope that i am not troubling you all too much with these noob questions lol.

Try hanz de fuko scheme cream. Soft, not oily and natural look. But got alittle shine

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Tried the hanz de fuko sponge wax today.

The texture of the wax is really like spongy putty type, really need to use your finger to dig it out. Doesn't feel sticky and really easy to apply. It has the same fragrance as my scheme cream, very organic smelling. I used about the size of a 10cts coin.

End of the day, i know why is it the best selling product for the hanz de fuko line. The hold is good. Lasted me the entire day despite the strong winds today. It's easy to control and I can restyle my hair whenever I want to.

Thanks to dj_flame video, i tried using the brush and brush my hair while blowing try after using sea salt spray on to my hair.

quite a good combination when used together. Volume, textured, hold and matt, all checked!

Last edited:

carlover76

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, am noob in hair products. Hence would like to get some advice for it. If i shaved my side and wanted to side comb so the top wont kept on fly down , what type and brand of wax or clay or spray would be more suitable to hold it there?

Is there any type or brand where after you applied, it wont be that visible or hard such that your hair will still look close to natural like never apply wax or clay like that?

Is there any place where i can buy it from? Although i read that hairyportal sells these products? Thanks a lot and hope that i am not troubling you all too much with these noob questions lol.

I have tried the Hair Clay, it hold the hair well and even if the hair is dry after some time, you can still re-style it and it look natural.

Seems like Clay has done a better job than wax or gel.

Wanderer-in-Time

Reaction score
Garnier products are good. They help prevent hair damage while giving you the right style and look. Plus its very good for humid weather.

qwertyqazz

Reaction score
Hi, would just like to ask where can i buy Schwarzkopf OSIS hairspray at the cheapest possible price in singapore? i dont mind online shops, but i tried finding but no avil.
Thanks fellow bros

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, would just like to ask where can i buy Schwarzkopf OSIS hairspray at the cheapest possible price in singapore? i dont mind online shops, but i tried finding but no avil.
Thanks fellow bros

Chinatown's Swanson. Don't remember how to spell the name. $13 for medium size bottle.

skepticalCAL

Reaction score
Hi, does anyone know which type of wax is good for styling fine hair?
And also where can I get the sea salt spray?
Thanks in advance! :s13:

chibiyuki

Reaction score
Renati Rock Hard

Hi all, I'm trying to restock on my Renati Rock Hard. My seller has since stopped selling that product, and it is not sold by HairyPortal either. Anyone knows who/where I can buy from? Alternatively, any recommendations as to alternatives to Renati Rock Hard? It has to be Matt and Strong holding power :)

Thanks y'all!

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What is the difference between sea salt spray and normal hair spray?

Normal hair spray is used after wax and its used to hold and fix your hair shape there in place throughout the entire day. Saltwater spray is used before wax and is used to create hair volume such that there will be layered hair texture and fullness in your hair. This will then allow you to better apply your wax/clay, which also means subsequent lesser amount of wax being used. :)

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I'm trying to restock on my Renati Rock Hard. My seller has since stopped selling that product, and it is not sold by HairyPortal either. Anyone knows who/where I can buy from? Alternatively, any recommendations as to alternatives to Renati Rock Hard? It has to be Matt and Strong holding power :)

Thanks y'all!

You can give 90degrees x-strong wax a try. Similar to renati, it is also made of natural ingredients which is less damaging to your hair. It is also matte and the hold is decent enough as well. Depending on the hair texture of one, you might have to apply slightly a bit more to achieve the extent of holding power that you want to have. :)

chibiyuki

Reaction score
You can give 90degrees x-strong wax a try. Similar to renati, it is also made of natural ingredients which is less damaging to your hair. It is also matte and the hold is decent enough as well. Depending on the hair texture of one, you might have to apply slightly a bit more to achieve the extent of holding power that you want to have. :)

Thanks for the quick reply! Two quick questions!

(1) Where can I get hold of 90 degrees x-strong wax?
(2) How does this compare to Nakano Styling Tanto Wax 7, or Sebastian Craft Clay?

Thanks so much!

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply! Two quick questions!

(1) Where can I get hold of 90 degrees x-strong wax?
(2) How does this compare to Nakano Styling Tanto Wax 7, or Sebastian Craft Clay?

Thanks so much!

I am currently carrying 90degrees x-strong wax from Japan. I pm-ed you already. Take a look. :)

Sebastian craft clay isnt really suited for people with thinning hair and its not made of natural ingredients either. Personally, i prefer 90degrees over Sebastian craft clay as it seems to work better on me even though clay is supposed to give me more strength control over the hair shape. For nakano, i didnt manage to try it out before so isnt able to make any comparison for that. But conclusion is that 90degrees is decent for its price. Might not be guaranteed to give you the WOW effect but definitely, not disappointing you in any manner with the price that you are paying for. :)

stansq87

Reaction score
You can give KMS saltwater spray a try. You can definitely find some relevant information on the web by googling KMS as its a major brand out there. The reason why OS Fashion Sea Spray, that i am carrying, cant be easily found on the web is because its a home-grown brand in UK. This allows the cost to be lower and hence, benefitting us in totality. Hope it helps! :)

I see but if its a product from a place like UK, there's bound to be at least a little bit of info on google? But theres like completely nothing, not even a brand page. I dont know.. But would have gotten it to try from u, if not for the fact of lack of information. Esp on things like ingredients etc.

Suggest that you can post such information on ur website. Would give consumers more confidence.

Anyway thks for the explanation and the brand recommendation! Hope u are not offended by my words

stansq87

Reaction score
Just to share when I have my hair cut at Super Cuts Nex Shopping Mall, the hair stylist recommend me this brand of Hair Clay and heard it is not bad but a little expensive.

I managed to find it at the Beauty Spring in Toa Payoh Central and it cost $18.

Ah thats a very common brand in singapore. U can check out the bazaar in hwz for fashion & grooming stuff. There are many people sellin it at cheap prices

dj_flame

Reaction score
^ that joico clay is pretty good for those on a budget. Not a fan of squeeze bottles though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.