The Hair Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

machioman

Reaction score
Clear not meh? I used to use my bro's one when I feel like "deep cleaning" and it worked as I intended. Maybe cos clear is too drying and your scalp compensated by producing excess sebum. Try a gentler product? You can pre order the vogne one now ba. Damn hot. Scroll up abit can see pricing le. Plus ljh is damn nice to deal with.
Hair tonic is probably some treatment serum. Btw these names might mean slightly different things as you look at different brands, they probably just wanna sell you stuff.

I have the same type of scalp as you. When I went travelling in Korea, I bought this brand Beyond - deep scaling shampoo. Been using it for months. It's pretty good and the company advocates all natural and organic ingredients. You probably can find it on qoo10

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
to share what i did with a mixture of 2/3 Quicksand and 1/3 Sponge wax. Still kinda noob.:o
disclaimer - I do not have white hair, i think it's the lighting and my hair looks dry and matte! LOL spoil already. :(

f9a3c92f-4feb-49dd-8b04-61e988bb046e_zps2779cac0.jpg

d20f9d81-b7e3-4f9d-b4fd-6bdd7ce50415_zps358588fd.jpg

IMG_00000201_zps55f277c6.jpg

Last edited:

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
to share what i did with a mixture of 2/3 Quicksand and 1/3 Sponge wax. Still kinda noob.:o
disclaimer - I do not have white hair, i think it's the lighting and my hair looks dry and matte! LOL spoil already. :(

Nice eh bro. Manage to stay this way throughout the entire day with just sponge wax and quicksand tho?

netzach

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

WELLY NAISE!!! :s12::s12::s12:

3uhagq.jpg

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nice eh bro. Manage to stay this way throughout the entire day with just sponge wax and quicksand tho?

yup. haha no hair spray.
just few pumps of sea salt spray, blow dry and apply the mixture.

but of course frays of hair will drop but all i need is rake back alittle. haha
wind strong also ok. lol:s13:

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
I have the same type of scalp as you. When I went travelling in Korea, I bought this brand Beyond - deep scaling shampoo. Been using it for months. It's pretty good and the company advocates all natural and organic ingredients. You probably can find it on qoo10
Wah the bottle damn sexy

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wah I also want to keep that type of hairstyle like gaoxing. Sadly my hair and head shape buay gum. :sad:

Xenoxide

Reaction score

Can stay like this whole day without hairspray?!?

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
yup. haha no hair spray.
just few pumps of sea salt spray, blow dry and apply the mixture.

but of course frays of hair will drop but all i need is rake back alittle. haha
wind strong also ok. lol:s13:
Wl eh jelly... I put hairspray also cannot so high... unless put alot. Eh eh you should do before and after photo sia! Make the effect more epic xD

Xenoxide

Reaction score
Everyday hear about the sea salt spray tempting me to buy sia...but my hair products stockpile growing bigger by the day, especially after ns. Always buy use for a while then change to another product.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wl eh jelly... I put hairspray also cannot so high... unless put alot. Eh eh you should do before and after photo sia! Make the effect more epic xD

Lol hair spray heavy leh, will flop after awhile. Later go home wash hair and post. Lol:s13: my product I never put a lot.

Can stay like this whole day without hairspray?!?

Lol yup. No hair spray needed. Standard Routine of sea salt spray, blow dry upwards, creating volume and texture, use quicksand and sponge wax. My hair quite long, the longest since I ORD.

angel99999

Master Member
Reaction score
Just tried the quicksand.
Turns out pretty good.
There are people complaining about it being hard to wash
off but I thought it was quite easy.

angel99999

Master Member
Reaction score
Lol yes, to me it's easy too!

Hahas precisely. There was some video review that some guy washed twice but still on his hair... I found this claim weird. I'll be trying my sponge wax soon so ill do some comparison after that.

To me the quicksand doesn't hold hair by being sticky, but by it's unique earth extract. I use it with dry hair without any sprays. And when I wash I wet my hair first, I know some products like gatsby is better off shampooing first.

thienvu_monitor

Reaction score
Remember, hairstyles are international trends. Same for food, some people prefer sashimi over fish n chips and vice versa. For example, amercian hairstyles tend to be more glossy and neat type. Japanese having matte texture and twists at ends. Whereas for china is towards frizzly hair. Malaysia girls love to have straight fringes and frizzly at the back whereas Singapore girls likes rebonded hair.
Therefore, opinions can vary so don't take it to heart. The more the merrier, it can show you how some opinions can differentiate from each and every person.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Remember, hairstyles are international trends. Same for food, some people prefer sashimi over fish n chips and vice versa. For example, amercian hairstyles tend to be more glossy and neat type. Japanese having matte texture and twists at ends. Whereas for china is towards frizzly hair. Malaysia girls love to have straight fringes and frizzly at the back whereas Singapore girls likes rebonded hair.
Therefore, opinions can vary so don't take it to heart. The more the merrier, it can show you how some opinions can differentiate from each and every person.

You made a very good point. I also realized that both MY and SG girls simply love to rebond their hair for some reason. Not once or twice, but repeatedly. We dont exactly observe such trend in countries such as Korea and Taiwan. For one, i feel girls with permed hair looks better. Rebonding hair makes one look old. #JustSaying

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.