The Hair Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have people interested in Vantachi Hair Clay, any lovers of this hair wax? If enough demand, i will bring in moree..

Think its hair clay not wax. Anyway, I got a new tub with me. Sorry to hop onto this but if anyone wants (including soonw29), can pm me. Not really something i will choose to import at this point of time, so price i am willing to discuss further! :)

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I find that the Quicksand doesn't give that good a hold for medium to longer hair lengths. Any recommendation for matt, dry and strong hold like quicksand but for longer hair lengths?

try mixture of nigelle bold hair clay or sponge wax with quicksand.

soonw29

Reaction score
Hi prettyjerk, i have not tried this clay before but i have someone who is interested in it so no harm bringing in afew to check the response here.

Think its hair clay not wax. Anyway, I got a new tub with me. Sorry to hop onto this but if anyone wants (including soonw29), can pm me. Not really something i will choose to import at this point of time, so price i am willing to discuss further! :)

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
a review of Nigelle Bold Make Clay from me. (sample given by our LeeJHong, thanks bro for all the samples, i haven't got chance to use the lolane gel yet. also sorry for the late review cause got assignment to do. haha)

My routine quite standard for all la. The same old side quiff.
First impression of the Nigelle Bold Make Clay - the smell damn awesome, one of the best smelling clay i have ever use, it's like netzach love to shea butter smell.
The texture of the product itself, weirdly, first ever soft-wet clay i have used (used to have sebastian x-tah clay and craft clay, hard as rock). Just a small amount, prolly a 1 cent coin or lesser will do. Easily spreadable in your palms.
Before i apply the clay, standard routine of OS Fashion Sea salt spray and blow dry into shape.

Once i brush and rake my hair with the clay, immediately i see the shape and the soft-wet texture of the clay instantaneously became matte and dry, very similar to UEVO Grey but the drying process for Nigelle is way faster. No sign of shine at all! Application is fairly easy, hair easily re-mouldable thru out the long day.

Eventually as the day goes by, you will not feel the dry-ness and hardness of what UEVO grey gives, the Nigelle clay will turn soft and natural and yet pilable and still holding on to your hair. This is a hit and miss for different people. Some people prefer to have dry-ness in the hair as this dry-ness gives them the perception of strong hold but too me, natural and soft can be good (if there's no wind) at least i know my hair is not damaged due to dry-ness.

But try not use too much, i try using quite a bit at one time and it became really heavy and my hair tends to flop after some time. This clay is so strong that just a little goes a long way. Also when using this clay, don't rake your hair so hard as well, the clay is damn strong that too much strength in raking your hair, you might just yank some strands out. :eek:

This is quite a awesome product from Japan, brought in by our bro LeeJHong, i recommend to people who wants strong hold, soft touching and natural look thru out the day.
Best pair with Sea-Salt spray or even with quicksand even though I have never try it before.:s13:
This clay is best for people who are going for the british indie cut look or Japanese manga guy's look (the kind with long fringe).

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I find that the Quicksand doesn't give that good a hold for medium to longer hair lengths. Any recommendation for matt, dry and strong hold like quicksand but for longer hair lengths?
actually quicksand you apply already, go try blow drying again, some heat will keep the shape there.

quicksand work best when it's dry.:D

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
btw, now watson have 20% on Toni and Guy hair products. feel like hooting the light or medium hair spray. but the line is mainly for ladies.

ytd i cheapo go test test the light hair spray. lol still not sure if it really works. lol

probably will try the medium once my osis+ is out (hardly use nowadays cause really freeze my hair)

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score

hmm... must rmb that every doubling in hair length requires approximately 16 times the hold to keep it in place.(yea... we study the formula in school) so.... yeap. even redken's 26 which i tried before, a wax gel (read that again! yes, its a wax gel! thats what it took for redken to go all the way up to 26. their scale goes from 0 to 26.), required quiteeee abit to hold my medium long hair. that ****'s expensive too man... not worth....

you're better off following the above advices given, + wax + spray

osirisx

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hmm... must rmb that every doubling in hair length requires approximately 16 times the hold to keep it in place.(yea... we study the formula in school) so.... yeap. even redken's 26 which i tried before, a wax gel (read that again! yes, its a wax gel! thats what it took for redken to go all the way up to 26. their scale goes from 0 to 26.), required quiteeee abit to hold my medium long hair. that ****'s expensive too man... not worth....

you're better off following the above advices given, + wax + spray

wax and spray will make the hair hard/stiff though

anyone knows of any wax that can keep the shape for (medium-long) without the hardness?

Last edited:

Ap3s

Reaction score
seems like the bros here are strongly recommending quicksand as ideal for quiff? how does it fare for other hairstyles?

Last edited:

Extremme

Master Member
Reaction score
to side track abit. I was told we should be using wax that has no silicon in it. It will be better for the hair in the long term. Anyone has used any wax that does not have silicon content?

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wax and spray will make the hair hard/stiff though

anyone knows of any wax that can keep the shape for (medium-long) without the hardness?

Typical hair styling products will tend to harden itself relatively fast upon application. Some might favour this yet some might not. However, it will be hard to portray a natural look if it hardens though.

You might be interested to read the review on Nigelle Bold Make Clay by gaoxing a few posts back. Its not wax but clay. However, it will not, in any way, harden or make your hair firm as it allows restyling flexibly and freely throughout the day. Works good for medium hair length as well. Very expensive but yet a rather special and interesting hair product to explore into.

hoesoverbros

Reaction score
seems like the bros here are strongly recommending quicksand as ideal for quiff? how does it fare for other hairstyles?

So far, i have tried using quicksand for sidecomb slick back, it works fine and i have friend with short hair and they tried it, the result is still same old good. And i have pasted a video below of a pompadour when mixed with pomade so pretty much, it cover most of the hairstyle. But still different people have different preference bro =)

Boltstorm

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi guys, does quicksand actually add volume? is it as good as powder product? that's what they claim in their website, that it's like volumising powder but in creme form

josephkjc

Reaction score
hi guys, does quicksand actually add volume? is it as good as powder product? that's what they claim in their website, that it's like volumising powder but in creme form

Yes it helps to add volume. If you read some comments from other bros here, they mentioned that it is easier to wash off than powder but powder has stronger hold

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Alternatively, you can also consider seasalt spray to create volume for one too. :)

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Alternatively, you can also consider seasalt spray to create volume for one too. :)

I sian sia. That time let my girlfriend try the sea salt spray and now she likes it. Her hair already so thick liao still wanna use.

Bro. :sad:

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I sian sia. That time let my girlfriend try the sea salt spray and now she likes it. Her hair already so thick liao still wanna use.

Bro. :sad:

LOL she used it to create volume too? No need sianz lah. One bottle can last quite long too. :)

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

It contains sea salt as well that's why can create volume.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.