The Hair Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
which hairstyle to go for? sorry cant find guy pic, only managed to find girl's short hairstyle on the internet! guy short shaved hair all like military crew cut or quiff that kind.

suitable for what face shape?

cant wait for my head shave tomorrow. its now or never. gonna be my shortest hair ever since BMT. hope I can pull off the look?

been wanting to try this for quite some time but no courage to do so.

by the way, how to ask for the shortest shave that the hairdresser have? is their shortest clippers same or shorter than NS botak kind?

311ucm9.jpg

ay5xfa.jpg

w2buvl.jpg

28guyc8.jpg

3rd one! DO IT DO IT DO IT! definitely shorter than bmt. but then it tapers off. they'll use a comb instead of the presets

dun have guy meh? i wanted to cut this hair btw.... some kpop guy apparently
vpj1ue.jpg

Last edited:

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
lets say if hair long, and the fringe keeps irritating my eye, is there any products that isnt harmful that i can apply to my hair so that it can stay away from my eye before i go to bed and doesnt leave any residue on the bed sheet?

hairclip. u know the tiak tiak kind?

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
any wax thats stronger the uevo grey but weaker than the gold digger?

Never try out Gold Digger before but most probably, you can check out Syoss Ture Wax, Nigelle Prejume Styling Wax 7 or Nigelle Bold Make Clay. All of these are top grade styling products which comes with very strong hold. Of course there will be other factors that come into play so it really depends on your ultimate needs too. :)

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if long hair suddenly cut shaved short, afraid cant get used to it leh.

ever since after NS n ROD no need reservice, have been keeping long Japanese/Korean kinda hairstyle. as I m not working in office job, can get to keep long hair.

if long hair shaved extremely short, (done that many years ago during NS), the scalp will feel itchy or tingling, or will sunburn if expose to sun?

too drastic change will people comment or wont recognize me?

lol

One sentence for you bro.

Changes entail adventures.

Its okay to be wrong so just do it. Who knows.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Tell me about it.... jhong couldn't recognise me T.T...

Refreshing feeling la I would say.... not as bad as bmt that scalp irritation though

Haha that's why I suggested you do the long fringe one. Keep some length there!

In fact, death looked even yandao the second time that i saw him after unable to recognize him. Thumbs up!

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
lets say if hair long, and the fringe keeps irritating my eye, is there any products that isnt harmful that i can apply to my hair so that it can stay away from my eye before i go to bed and doesnt leave any residue on the bed sheet?

What is the fundamental purpose in applying this before going to bed? Hair serum? If its serum, like what death mentioned, use the hairclip to clip it up after application. IMO, no matter what products u use, they all have one thing in common. Chemicals. So i dont really think there's any that cant pose any harm to your eyes. Question here is the severity.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wah the hair cut damn gangster :eek:

Can't help but to agree too. But if your work doesn't restrict you, why not? You can always snip it off if it doesn't turn out well eventually. Long fringe comes in different patterns. The one posted by death makes a huge lot of difference over here IMO.

Xenoxide

Reaction score

Why not just use some water and comb it back?

kingcarlos

Reaction score
Never try out Gold Digger before but most probably, you can check out Syoss Ture Wax, Nigelle Prejume Styling Wax 7 or Nigelle Bold Make Clay. All of these are top grade styling products which comes with very strong hold. Of course there will be other factors that come into play so it really depends on your ultimate needs too. :)
thanks for the recommendation. i prefer matte ones and those that can last even with sweating. currently using uevo grey which is gd if not sweating too much but cant last after exercise

tatsit

Honorary Member
Reaction score
hairclip. u know the tiak tiak kind?

What is the fundamental purpose in applying this before going to bed? Hair serum? If its serum, like what death mentioned, use the hairclip to clip it up after application. IMO, no matter what products u use, they all have one thing in common. Chemicals. So i dont really think there's any that cant pose any harm to your eyes. Question here is the severity.
hmm.. hairclip ah..

Why not just use some water and comb it back?

will drop downwards

kuku beans

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
3rd one! DO IT DO IT DO IT! definitely shorter than bmt. but then it tapers off. they'll use a comb instead of the presets

dun have guy meh? i wanted to cut this hair btw.... some kpop guy apparently
vpj1ue.jpg

ok this is my before hair btw, pic taken 1 week ago. I wonder after cut will look like how?

soonw29

Reaction score
Checking back in! Os spray does have gel ingredients inside! Product is doing what it says it does!

Cannot only use the salts cos the concentration that's required to give the same effect will probably mess with hair big time ba

hahah. bro, thanks for finding the facts to back me up.

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
ok this is my before hair btw, pic taken 1 week ago. I wonder after cut will look like how?

u got a high natural part.... thats problematic.... my natural part is only 1 inch away from where the shaved part ends and already its quite hard to keep it where its supposed to be....

urs so high can do the skrillex shave xD

Last edited:

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thanks for the recommendation. i prefer matte ones and those that can last even with sweating. currently using uevo grey which is gd if not sweating too much but cant last after exercise

In this case, i wouldnt recommend you to go for wax. Clay will be a better candidate for you as it gives a matte texture finish and it comes with stronger hold too. Wax is usually accompanied by slight shine and is generally wetter than clay too. Especially so if u are sweating and u will definitely want to avoid to have a shiny look too. Lots of hair clay products out there. If u are lost for choices, you can consider trying out Vifa Molding Clay Extra Hold. Usually i use this if i am doing sports. Nigelle Bold Make will not serve you too well in this context. Hope it helps!

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

To be honest, i think its good that you want to go for a haircut. Your current hairstyle is very thick at the sides. You have straight hair obviously so its gonna to be heavy especially when its long and thick. Hence, looking flat and no texture at all. Go for a hairstyle that is short on the sides, ie undercut. U can choose to leave ur fringe down or up, thats pretty okay. And more imptly, layered the top area of ur hair. But i am guessing that u will want to leave it down coz your forehead is pretty high. I too have this problem so i can share a simple tip with you with my 2cents worth of opinions. Blow dry your hair by blowing ur fringe to the left first then alternate the blow drying to the right. Repeat this pattern for a few times and it helps to cover the sides well enough. Of course, pair it with seasalt spray after ur haircut will be fabulous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.