The Hair Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

tatsit

Honorary Member
Reaction score
As requested. Not exactly timberlake but i think can style a little more similar. pull back abit more. maybe let my hair grow a little more.
Don't judge!
IMG_00000284_zps1c9a02fe.jpg

IMG_00000283_zps468bc233.jpg

BATCH 2 is here! finally KMS SEA SALT SPRAY! haha the one that started my quest for sea salt spray which led me to my bro LeeJHong!
IMG_00000285_zps3a0f00fb.jpg
how do u make them stay in place?

Meteor84

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hey, do you guys have any recommendation for a good hair cleanser? the shampoo i am using now (folloizin) doesnt remove wax/clay properly. after i wash it, my hair still feels dry and sticky. i am currently using gatsby hair wax and sebastian hair clay. thanks!

hoesoverbros

Reaction score
hey, do you guys have any recommendation for a good hair cleanser? the shampoo i am using now (folloizin) doesnt remove wax/clay properly. after i wash it, my hair still feels dry and sticky. i am currently using gatsby hair wax and sebastian hair clay. thanks!

Use other hair wax. the problem is not on your hair cleanser, its the wax you are using. Maybe you can use Vilan hair wax, hdf quicksand or spongewax. They are much easier to wash. Beside, vilan hair wax and quicksand have almost if not better holding power then sebastian:D

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hair cleanser Pm leejhong

Hair styling - I would recommend you to try gold digger by Vilain, quicksand and spongewax by hanz de fuko or nigelle bold make clay.

All these are pretty good hair styling products.
Strongest is gold digger, then nigelle clay and followed by spongewax.

You want volume and something different, try quicksand.

But a combo of quicksand and gold digger is interesting.
Pm me for more info!

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
your hair

btw, I've tried mousse + promade but I can't make them stay like those tutorial videos in YouTube.

you apply mousse, blow dry. Must blow FULLY dry and rake your hair backwards or side for the shape while blow drying.

depending on what pomade you using, take a little, too much will be too wet and it's hard to dry.

spread the product evenly on your palms, go thru your hair back or sidewards using the product in your fingers (not palms yet) then, using palms to rub on your head, spreading the product.

then rake your hair into the shape you want and that's it.
its done.

i literally copy this video! same product use. even for the spray

tatsit

Honorary Member
Reaction score
you apply mousse, blow dry. Must blow FULLY dry and rake your hair backwards or side for the shape while blow drying.

depending on what pomade you using, take a little, too much will be too wet and it's hard to dry.

spread the product evenly on your palms, go thru your hair back or sidewards using the product in your fingers (not palms yet) then, using palms to rub on your head, spreading the product.

then rake your hair into the shape you want and that's it.
its done.

i literally copy this video! same product use. even for the spray
i see.. thanks! i'll try it out

edit: question: should apply mousse/promade on damp or dry hair?

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone kind enough to sell me sample of Quicksand? Store in those contact lense case.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyway, I got a brand new bottle of sea salt spray from tigi catwalk session. Unused. I wanna sell it. Got it from beautybay. 250ml. Quite a big bottle. Anyone wants to get it off my hand? Selling it at 18. Pm me.

tohwk

Reaction score
Anyone knows where i can buy this product here in singapore and roughly how much will it cost?

Thanks in advance!

86035.jpg

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone knows where i can buy this product here in singapore and roughly how much will it cost?

Thanks in advance!

86035.jpg

can try swanston at chinatown? haha maybe have.
if not have to try salon liao.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

You can either try Kanebo Acidic Shampoo or Carbolic Silky Shampoo. Both are good and effective cleansers for getting rid of impurities thoroughly. Most will find shampoos not playing an important factor but i always believe in prevention is better than cure. Its always good to pre empt, rather than finding yourself having to cope with the results when something happens.

On a side note, gatsby wax is very hard to remove. Change the brand of your wax if possible. :)

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
A simple review of the newly acquired KMS California Heat Protector Spray.

It's supposed to protect your hair when using with hot styling tools such as hair straightener or hair-dryer to prevent possible dry out.

Quite a big bottle, simple to use. Just spray on your towel-dried hair in different section. Similar to how you would use your sea salt spray.
It gives off a very nice sweet floral-fruity smell. Not girly but i think girls will like it (good for the guys because girls tend to like this smell).

Start to blow dry the hair, like i say, similar to sea salt spray, just rake your hair towards the direction you want. The product actually makes your hair a lot softer, smoother and easier to managed. It doesn't dry out your hair as much as sea salt spray and it keeps the hair in shape after blow drying. However, volume wise, sea salt spray is still king for that section of styling. After which, i used the gold digger by vilain and did what the slikhaar video did and it does somehow turn out to be the same as the end result of the video.

The main audience that this product is marketed to are the females who often use styling tools like curling iron or hair straightener because it helps to protect their hair and lock in the result after styling
Guys who has rough hair can use it to smooth out your hair before styling.

I tried it together with OS sea salt spray. WOW. I realised i can get volume and soft hair using both of this product.
What i did was use salt spray spray to get the volume after blow drying, add on a few spray of the heat protector, dry it fully and i get volume and soft hair!
finish off with gold digger. Interesting result. I can rake my hair easier because the heat protector makes my hair easier to manage.

Can be used as a pre-styling product together with sea salt spray and finish off with any styling product you have (wax/clay/pomade).

Anyone wants to try this awesome product can search it on beautybay. They do retail it with free shipping.

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone kind enough to sell me sample of Quicksand? Store in those contact lense case.

Bump.

Don't wanna buy 1 new one, later use abit then don't like, waste money. Any kind souls around? :sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.