The Hair Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

What products do you all recommend for permed short hair - wet look?

TIA

With permed short hair, any form of styling products will go well for you. Definitely an easier time to style. For wet look, you might consider silyorn's hair matter wax from germany (decent hold but not as good as pomade; however, easy to wash off and apply), lolane gel gum from thailand or pomade. Pretty similar to what gaoxing mentioned but one point to add is to get seasalt spray. It goes very well with permed hair. Permed hair gives one volume. One will look even more voluminous with the application of seasalt spray. My 2 cents' worth of opinions. :)

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
With permed short hair, any form of styling products will go well for you. Definitely an easier time to style. For wet look, you might consider silyorn's hair matter wax from germany (decent hold but not as good as pomade; however, easy to wash off and apply), lolane gel gum from thailand or pomade. Pretty similar to what gaoxing mentioned but one point to add is to get seasalt spray. It goes very well with permed hair. Permed hair gives one volume. One will look even more voluminous with the application of seasalt spray. My 2 cents' worth of opinions. :)

To add on, if you want matte then try gold digger or nigelle bold make clay. Something different will be quicksand. A Lot of products to choose from. Haha

evewbb

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Thanks for the inputs. Really appreciate it.. I'm actually using John Masters Organics Sea Salt Spray but my hair seems to lose that wet look after reaching office. Am I doing something wrong? TIA

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Thanks for the inputs. Really appreciate it.. I'm actually using John Masters Organics Sea Salt Spray but my hair seems to lose that wet look after reaching office. Am I doing something wrong? TIA

You mean this seasalt spray will give you a wet look? Theoretically, seasalt spray will create a matte structure for you whereas it allows one to have a tousled look. Did you apply any more styling product after your seasalt spray? :)

evewbb

Reaction score
You mean this seasalt spray will give you a wet look? Theoretically, seasalt spray will create a matte structure for you whereas it allows one to have a tousled look. Did you apply any more styling product after your seasalt spray? :)

Ooops.. No leyyy

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ooops.. No leyyy

I am guessing that you did not blow dry after using the seasalt spray. Try applying on damp hair then blow dry it. Wax or clay after seasalt spray is optional but IMO, i believe the seasalt spray complements the application of wax/clay and hence, you might find styling much easier and in fact, required amount will be lesser too. Wax/clay/pomade will give you the hair shape and texture that you desired. Pierce and structure as desired then finish with a spray if need to. Spray is used to hold and fix it there so it will stay through the entire day. However, this step can be omitted if you know what you hope to achieve. All these should be able to help you to have a lasting hairstyle in place. :)

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How much ar???

Normal haircut by salon director (gerald) is $35.90. Buy in package - 5 hair cuts will get 1 free cut will result in one hair cut being $30 or so. Bro! I posted before ah. Dont like that ignore my post leh. :(

iV3RsOn

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Normal haircut by salon director (gerald) is $35.90. Buy in package - 5 hair cuts will get 1 free cut will result in one hair cut being $30 or so. Bro! I posted before ah. Dont like that ignore my post leh. :(

So sexpensive

Messed up ur reply with menbazaar korkor de...

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
Ooops.. No leyyy

Just times two the number of times u spray. Should be ok liao. Dunnid blow dry also.
(suggesting this cos u seem like u dun have time or money to spend on the steps jh bro mentioned. But his way is the central dogma liao) If u wan wet look, of cos dun blow dry la. Or can spray, blow, then spray again. But I find that just spraying alone will give results too. Semi wet look. It'll never be gel like obviously, but it's definitely not matte.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.