The Hair Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you know how to put ur cheese on ur pizza, you can use hair powder! Seriously! Zero learning curve bro. Cannot go wrong one! Unless u the kind to twist open the cheese bottle then just empty xD in this case a few grains is enough le

Edit: u probably had bad experience with powders before. But this is different. This is q8. This is revolution. Revolution on par with quicksand and gold digger. Revolution full of win.

Disclaimer: I ain't earning no **** for q8. My promotion for this is purely cos I feel it's so sick awesome. Although I've been using it for sometime I only mention in depth now cos jh got stocks liao! So early adopters dunnid to look high and low like I did. He ain't giving me money or what! In fact I'm trying to jio him to try it ASAP! Ahaha! Looking at you jh bro xD dunnid so apprehensive! Just wack then review only xD! This stuff is that imba.

Haha we do all these reviews are for information purposes. No one is paying who. So no worries there bro. Hahaha I waiting for him to pass me some :x hahaha then i try. Lol

Btw just tried the hair bond distorter today, simple review after tonight.

Gold digger still king! :x hahaha waiting for new product to dethrone it. Hahaha kidding. :s13:

shiahzy

Reaction score
Btw guys! I find that q8 powder then gold digger works much better than quicksand then gold digger or salt spray the gold digger! The texture of the powder completes the gold digger. It's like it'll counter the heaviness of gold digger. And cos the powder is sooooo easy to apply, it's super quick to spot apply the powder in a targeted manner. So volume goes where you want it, and you can still use the weight of gold digger to hold the back side down.

Haven't tried q8 then quicksand cocktail with gold digger though. But q8 then quicksand then whatever is just meaningless since they work the same way. The latter method negates the point of powder application. Just something to take note of.

And awesome review jh bro! \m/

Where did you get your Q8 powder? Interested to try too.

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
Haha we do all these reviews are for information purposes. No one is paying who. So no worries there bro. Hahaha I waiting for him to pass me some :x hahaha then i try. Lol

Btw just tried the hair bond distorter today, simple review after tonight.

Gold digger still king! :x hahaha waiting for new product to dethrone it. Hahaha kidding. :s13:

awesome!

how? inspired by jh's essay not? can match up to it? xD

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
awesome!

how? inspired by jh's essay not? can match up to it? xD

can la.. his review is the best i have see so far. comprises of 3 awesome components.

I only can give very surface review. lol. from the experience i get when i use. no technical and styling knowledge

le sigh

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i recently tried the clear men menthol shampoo and develop a few pimples on my scalp , does it mean the shampoo does not suits me? my scalp type is normal - oily.

Can anyone recommend me a shampoo that can wash away water-based pomade and other impurities? i apply pomade almost everyday.

Its actually natural to develop pimples on scalp. When you develop pimples on the scalp, this means 2 things in general.

#1: Impurities are not properly removed from the hair and infected the scalp.
#2: Due to the humidity and weather of SG, oils are excessively produced by the scalp and your hair will feel very oily. Then you will start to develop pimples there too.

Clear shampoo is just a normal shampoo which there is no definition of good or bad over here. Try using kanebo or carbolic shampoo. I do feel carbolic is better in this context as it helps to cleanse your scalp and removing impurities. Its an organic shampoo though so smell-wise is nowhere near to kanebo. Kanebo, however, does help to control the excess oils in the hair, removing impurities and at the same time, providing adequate moisuturizing effect for one. Silky smooth and pleasant smell after shower. Something to add on will be pomade is generally very hard to wash off. Hence, its essential for pomade users to use stronger shampoo. The logic is very simple. Supermarket shampoos aint classified as lousy but there will definitely be more expensive shampoos out there to set a differentiation in general. This differentiation is essential and necessary to account for if you are using different styling products from the general public. (how many ppl in SG uses pomade anw)

Again, hope my 2cents worth of opinions help. :)

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I will be there with my gf. taking MC for that day! hahaha

BTW JH! your review should be the one up in Slikhaar FB! :eek:

1,2,3 3,2,1 JH JH LUMBER 1!!
YAY! Best review i read so far. 3 points all in! Technical Knowledge, Styling Tips and Detailed Review!

It's going on the MO thread to gain awareness. haha

i don't want review liao. haha later people amchio at my review after reading JH one

Dont act one humble, bro. Later i go over and slap u. But seriousy, i feel yours is better though. Both has its pros and cons. :)

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Where did you get your Q8 powder? Interested to try too.

I texted you bro! Do check it and let me know if it interests you! Q8 Matte Powder 3 from Japan costs $22.90. Though its just 10g, it can probably last you for approximately 3-5months or so if you used daily. Highly recommended by our deaththeorist bro. Will be posting my review on it once i used it tomorrow. :)

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dont act one humble, bro. Later i go over and slap u. But seriousy, i feel yours is better though. Both has its pros and cons. :)

wah lao.. good things must complement. later i go tell slikhaar. use yours better. then with your review and feedback, time for gold digger 2!

Its actually natural to develop pimples on scalp. When you develop pimples on the scalp, this means 2 things in general.

#1: Impurities are not properly removed from the hair and infected the scalp.
#2: Due to the humidity and weather of SG, oils are excessively produced by the scalp and your hair will feel very oily. Then you will start to develop pimples there too.

Clear shampoo is just a normal shampoo which there is no definition of good or bad over here. Try using kanebo or carbolic shampoo. I do feel carbolic is better in this context as it helps to cleanse your scalp and removing impurities. Its an organic shampoo though so smell-wise is nowhere near to kanebo. Kanebo, however, does help to control the excess oils in the hair, removing impurities and at the same time, providing adequate moisuturizing effect for one. Silky smooth and pleasant smell after shower. Something to add on will be pomade is generally very hard to wash off. Hence, its essential for pomade users to use stronger shampoo. The logic is very simple. Supermarket shampoos aint classified as lousy but there will definitely be more expensive shampoos out there to set a differentiation in general. This differentiation is essential and necessary to account for if you are using different styling products from the general public. (how many ppl in SG uses pomade anw)

Again, hope my 2cents worth of opinions help. :)

well said. I support and back this fact that carbolic is a better shampoo to clear pomade and impurities. anyway water pomade in the first place is easier to wash than regular pomade (old school kind)

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
So... Today I did something crazy. I cocktailed gold digger with arimino neo spice freeze wax because yolo (1:2 ratio gold digger to wax). Expected to fk it up so much that I'll have to exit house with a cap. Both can be considered heavy products and kind of weigh down the hair when applied solo. Cue drumroll and abracadabra. While I was getting this concoction into my hair I noticed it was easy to mohawk. Like super easy to spread into hair (probably the work of the emulsifying properties of wax, allowing gold digger to just melt), and then I could head bang a little without the hair falling down! Remember this is just a tiny amount of gold digger and wax. Total amount of products used is similar to jh bro's pic. Also keep in mind that this is right after application. I imagine that for a proper mohawk to tahan our windy humid climate hairspray is still needed. Continuing with main story, who goes into office with a mohawk right? So I proceeded to hand comb it back. I don't really like the back comb classic style but yolo until here liao just yolo somemore. Here's where the real magic is. One times hand rake. 5cm pomp. Lol wut. Dun even have to back comb abit to give that volume. Serious. And it stays there like its been hairsprayed. Insane level hold. Better than both products individually. This ointment defies common sense. Ymmv so please prepare ahead of time when trying this out. Maybe it's just my fantastic hair day. Might be a fluke but cmon yolo and try only! XD

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
something different (but still look similar i think). using distorter by hair bond and finish with osis+ freeze spray.
IMG_00000317_zps3efb6fe0.jpg

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
wah lao u all do words review nia, but nv see any pic de leh...

NPNT!!!!!
Shy la bro!

Anyway i feel that hp pictures dun give the full picture anyway... That focal length, plus that angle. Picture come out dun always look as nice as irl. But like storybook words can be more vivid xD

Last edited:

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So... Today I did something crazy. I cocktailed gold digger with arimino neo spice freeze wax because yolo (1:2 ratio gold digger to wax). Expected to fk it up so much that I'll have to exit house with a cap. Both can be considered heavy products and kind of weigh down the hair when applied solo. Cue drumroll and abracadabra. While I was getting this concoction into my hair I noticed it was easy to mohawk. Like super easy to spread into hair (probably the work of the emulsifying properties of wax, allowing gold digger to just melt), and then I could head bang a little without the hair falling down! Remember this is just a tiny amount of gold digger and wax. Total amount of products used is similar to jh bro's pic. Also keep in mind that this is right after application. I imagine that for a proper mohawk to tahan our windy humid climate hairspray is still needed. Continuing with main story, who goes into office with a mohawk right? So I proceeded to hand comb it back. I don't really like the back comb classic style but yolo until here liao just yolo somemore. Here's where the real magic is. One times hand rake. 5cm pomp. Lol wut. Dun even have to back comb abit to give that volume. Serious. And it stays there like its been hairsprayed. Insane level hold. Better than both products individually. This ointment defies common sense. Ymmv so please prepare ahead of time when trying this out. Maybe it's just my fantastic hair day. Might be a fluke but cmon yolo and try only! XD

i was the first one that you told! hahaha good choice of cocktail also.
a good hair-day helps alot. haha

let's see what else i can cocktail gold digger with!!! hmmm... with distorter? LOL

Last edited:

nippp0n

Master Member
Reaction score
and I have 3 friends who liked that page, 2 army friends and 1 pri sch friend

looks like they surf hwz too, if you are RC or YC or Don, here is a shout out to y'all

cannot be so many people know about this brand :o

Lol RC sounds like my initial. :D

stam

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyway the hairbond distorter given by Stam, i went to buy 4 containers and 1 given by JH to share around.

4 taken already. left 1. who want can sms me @ 96927419. collection at tanjong pagar

IMG_00000312_zps4d2e6834.jpg

Bro, thanks for distributing to the others! somemore still buy container! :s13:

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
as usual, another asswipe just ignore my whatsapp and sms. last seen 15:16 when i send whatsapp 14:36.

doesn't take to be a good MO organizer by not collecting depo for MO. always kena fly kite by people.

sigh

but.... the good news is fifoent, i pass him the distorter he steady take it from me on the spot! haha

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.