The Hair Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoesoverbros

Reaction score
Sad. Today kena bad hair day. So i wash off the first attempt.. Weather too hot!

My bleached hair really really dry. Hard to style with gold digger actually.

What kind of style are you going? Maybe is ur technique wrong or maybe is really gold digger? find a softer wax like around sponge wax that kind of texture one lor and mix it with gold digger? #justmy2cents:D

whatme

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Got use conditioner ah..

My hairstyle currently is not meant for comb up. Was trying my lucky only.. So my hair have to lay down. Wait till next month then cut.. :)

While I styling I keep sweat.. The whole style like wana collapse.. Haha

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Got use conditioner ah..

My hairstyle currently is not meant for comb up. Was trying my lucky only.. So my hair have to lay down. Wait till next month then cut.. :)

While I styling I keep sweat.. The whole style like wana collapse.. Haha
Cut hair! Haha. Go go go! Haha

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
mailing out all the GOLD DIGGER! haha all those who haven't got your fix yet! Batch 8 will be here soon!

stam

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
13336-1754-14.jpg

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Haha..my hair exceptionally high today I think. Hahaha. Wearing grey singlet and grey shorts. Haha. You see one crazy ass guy, most likely me. Hahaha.

Let's go! Today the hair Cfm chui! No matter what spray or what gold digger! JUMP!

decafie

Reaction score
This is one of the better reviews that i received and the way that its written is multi faceted approach. Covers several aspects over here with objective views which includes:

#1: Holding strength/control
#2: The product smell
#3: Product washability
#4: Complementary use of products
#5: Personal styling tips to enhance effectiveness

I pretty much agree with what you said but just to add on my 2cents worth of opinions.

First Point: Nigelle clay is not the typical dry and hard clay that we are using. It can be even softer than the normal wax that we are using. Even till now, i have no full comprehension how can it be used and utilised for various settings. With regard to the holding strength of Nigelle Bold Make Clay, the quantifiable part (6/10) is pretty much a subjective viewpoint which differs for everyone. Hair texture and hair thickness or even how you apply it makes a difference over here. I would say that it comes with strong holding strength but its lightweight. On a similar benchmark to gold digger, its stronger than Nigelle Clay but heavy. So, if you just apply gold digger and head out, i believe it had been mentioned previously already, your hair might still be subjected to flopping. Hence, the crux over here is not to emphasize on which product gives better hold because at the end of the day, it wholly depends on how you use this product to bring out its usefulness for you.

Second Point: The usage of seasalt spray with Nigelle Clay works good and even seasalt spray with gold digger works good too. Seasalt spray provides and creates a matte structure for you. It helps to bunch up the hair which allows ease of subsequent application of wax/clay thereafter. I am guessing the reason why nick bro (decafie) is having crispy hair is because seasalt spray is being used too much. The main selling point of nigelle clay is that it doesn't harden or firm TOO MUCH after application. It gives high level of pliability and flexibility in restyling anytime throughout the day and it ought to be mentioned that in this context, hardening of hair does not and will not correlate to holding control and strength. If one refers hardening to goodness of control, then i will recommend Gatsby Pink or gel.

Once again, i hope my 2cents worth of opinions helps. Thanks to all who contributed their opinions towards Nigelle Clay too!

Thanks JH for this invaluable lesson.

It could be the case that I am using too much sea salt spray (about 4 pumps usually). Will keep experimenting and working out a ratio that works best for my hair type!

I just wanted to add on that the last 2 days have been pretty damn hot, and I got to try out the Nigelle clay under so called harsher conditions (and not just staying in the office).

I usually use a pomade (either Layrite Super Hold or JS Sloane Heavyweight), and while the pomade gives me the texture that I like, the weight of the product can start to bog down on the hair. Especially in high heat, it literally can melt into the scalp and cause some discomfort (seldom, but still...).

Thankfully I don't get this problem with the Nigelle clay; "lightweight" creamy clay that applies to the hair with the least of efforts. It dries matte, but still pliable. Doesn't leave sticky residue on the hands after you fiddle with your hair, doesn't get toasty or have an odd odour when it's been oven cooked under the sun. Best of all, just add a little bit of water and you can get a very slight sheen..

The part that really stands out for me about the clay is the natural feel that's retained with the hair throughout an entire hot day running around outside. I don't know if this is the best clay for all hair types/styles, but it certainly works well for my situation.

Just some thoughts that were on my mind as I was running around today, thought I would feedback to you JH =)

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For thin hair, what kind of wax will you guys recommend?

You can consider 90 degrees x-strong wax. It is organic dry wax. Typical wax can be wet and soft and some of these can harden relatively fast upon application. When it hardens, it could lead to yanking out of your hair easily and not to mention if the product characteristic involves stickiness. 90 degrees x-strong wax is very easy to apply because it does not harden your hair a single bit but yet allowing one to retain strong wax. Comes with matte texture finish which contrasts it further for people with fine and thin hair. With shine, it makes the hair look even lesser. Pair it off with a bottle of OS Fashion Sea Spray and you will be looking great. :)

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
Thin hair dun go for shine la! If thin as in thinning hair. If thin as in the individual strands are narrower in diameter, slightly wetter products can help bring the hair together for a more textured effect and brings a sense of flow to the overall style.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.