The Hair Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
i tot silverfox was more of a gel+pomade. like how gold digger was like some pomade+wax (but ingredients of gold digger suggests a pomade+wax+gel-water formulation, maybe for silverfox they just tweak proportion lol)

electronic dance? like the music for slikhaar tv?

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i tot silverfox was more of a gel+pomade. like how gold digger was like some pomade+wax (but ingredients of gold digger suggests a pomade+wax+gel-water formulation, maybe for silverfox they just tweak proportion lol)

electronic dance? like the music for slikhaar tv?
Haha ya. Something like that. House, progressive, trance. Haha

I think so too. Haha more shine. Haha I think I wait for the clay version. Haha not into shine.

deadbeat

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Haha I don't think he will be back for Zouk out. Zouk out got zedd, afrojack all these. Even alesso not coming.

Haha got money go vegas hakkasan

zoukout only announce first wave! there's always chance for 2nd wave!

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
=:p someone told me he wanted to hoot both when i said the same thing the other time =:p
Haha. But I see like the new one not as good leh. Haha. Because too much shine haha.

think more singaporeans prefer matte look!
haha. we will see how it goes when its out in Nov! haha

Last edited:

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
Haha. But I see like the new one not as good leh. Haha. Because too much shine haha.

if the hold is there but the shine is too much, we can always cocktail! #likewealwaysdo xD

hoesoverbros

Reaction score

Agree. Don't know why sg don like light/medium shine. Think they find it look oily on hair ba. but i find it classy:s13:

deadbeat

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my hair is naturally slightly greasy so i dont like oily/shiny products.

my 2c worth

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Going to do a quick review of Kanebo shampoo and the nigelle clay by end of this week.

BTW, my family very very supportive of the Kanebo shampoo...in fact they used it before me after I brought it home :s13:

say the smell very good and the hair feels damn smooth :s13:

I am so glad to hear this from you, bro! Glad that its a good hoot for you then! Looking forward to your review on this! :)

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Haha I don't think he will be back for Zouk out. Zouk out got zedd, afrojack all these. Even alesso not coming.

Haha got money go vegas hakkasan

nope...celebrating my friend's birthday but at another club instead.

hopefully hardwell is coming back for zoukout! u going for this too?

I thought i entered into the wrong thread leh. :s13:

Two party animals spotted!

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Agree. Don't know why sg don like light/medium shine. Think they find it look oily on hair ba. but i find it classy:s13:

A lot of people mistake shine with oily and judge the both in the same context, which is wrong. Matte and shine are two different characteristics and hence, they are to be used in different settings for different purpose. For example, if you are having a slick back or side pomp, it serves more sense to have shine associated to your hairstyle.

However, it will be awkward to be accompanied with shine if your hairstyle belongs to regular haircut (fringe lying down), crew cut or ivy league. It just doesn't go right as it might give you an "oily look" in this setting.

IMO, i feel quiff, however, goes pretty well with matte or shine though. Baseline is use the right product at the right time. Personally, i prefer products with slight shine to give a radiant and lively outlook. :)

hoesoverbros

Reaction score
A lot of people mistake shine with oily and judge the both in the same context, which is wrong. Matte and shine are two different characteristics and hence, they are to be used in different settings for different purpose. For example, if you are having a slick back or side pomp, it serves more sense to have shine associated to your hairstyle.

However, it will be awkward to be accompanied with shine if your hairstyle belongs to regular haircut (fringe lying down), crew cut or ivy league. It just doesn't go right as it might give you an "oily look" in this setting.

IMO, i feel quiff, however, goes pretty well with matte or shine though. Baseline is use the right product at the right time. Personally, i prefer products with slight shine to give a radiant and lively outlook. :)

SAME:D makes your hair look healthy and glowing! :D

Genesisz

Master Member
Reaction score
Can try gold digger but it's strong stuff. So a little of it can style fully already. If not to create volume, try a combo of sea salt spray to create volume then finish with gold digger, just a little of both is enough to style your hair.
I am currently doing MO for it.

Alternatively can try nigelle bold make clay.
Sea salt spray and nigelle have to look for leejhong

Both are matte products.

Yup. That time still experimenting. Now already release. Super strong hold. Can check out my mo thread for reviews. Currently on batch 8 and stocks in next mid week.

Thanks for sharing.

My hair is largely short and dry. It look fade sometime and probably due to the dry nature of my hair.

Can still use this gold digger? Where can I get more information on this?

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing.

My hair is largely short and dry. It look fade sometime and probably due to the dry nature of my hair.

Definitely can. Gold digger very smooth to apply and isn't too matte. Has a nice glow to it.

You can either check out this thread or go YouTube see slikhaar TV.

hoesoverbros

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing.

Your hair texture is dry mainly because of your shampoo or perhaps you have been using wax like gatsby kind, hence it cause your hair to be dry. Perhaps you wanna grab some awesome shampoo from ThePrettyJerk:)

And btw, you can still use gold digger;)

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing.

I also got dry hair. The trick is to use conditioner first. Gold digger use abit can alr. Add a few drops of water will make it easier.

Pm me if interested. Or sms me 96927419

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.