The Hair Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

prozaizxc

Reaction score
review on hanz de fuko spongewax and gold digger

My short and simple review on these 2 products i got from the quicksand and gd combo from gaoxing bro but he was very nice in helping me to change the quicksand in the combo to spongewax as i wanted to try that. he actually helped me to order from mensbazaar so plus point!! haha! :s13: This is my first experience in trying these products other than wax/clays i bought from saloons that i cut my hair at. I first use the sponge wax and then apply a little gd to just hold the hair but i would like to try just gd alone like how the slikhaar people do it :s13: the spongewax smells extremely good but the gd doesnt really smell good. smells like it has alot of chemicals tbh. but anyway the spongewax is able to very nicely spike my hair up without clumping the hair together at all which is awesome and i just use a little bit of gd to finish so i cant really say much about the gd yet but i will update yall when i use more of it!
btw when yall say concocting the 2 together do you mean puting one after the other or putting both in your palms and mix them together then apply?

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My humble hair today with quicksand and goldigger. no time put sss

[IM]http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/8848/fivm.jpg[/IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us:s12::s12:

all i can say its your hair not long enough and you need to shave your sides.

try to use a conditioner first. then when its soft after washing.

use SSS on wet hair, dry it backwards.. then use gold digger to spread evenly into your hair, then comb sideways or backwards using your fingers. i can see your hair really stubborn kind.

you need use a little more gold digger to weigh the hair down backwards.

i suggest you leave your fringe longer, so it will be heavy and fall back behind.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyway! an update.

All current instock bundle for Sea Salt Spray and Gold Digger by Vilain are all snatched up!

What is left are those who will be placed in a waiting list when stocks arrived.
You can choose to collect the gold digger first next week and collect the sea salt spray when it arrives or collect together!

those who want it, better fast hand fast leg contact me or junhong! haha before its gone~

Last edited:

exterminazn

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

use SSS on wet hair, dry it backwards.. then use gold digger to spread evenly into your hair, then comb sideways or backwards using your fingers. i can see your hair really stubborn kind.

i suggest you leave your fringe longer, so it will be heavy and fall back behind.

thanks handsome kor kor for the advice!:s12::s12:

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My short and simple review on these 2 products i got from the quicksand and gd combo from gaoxing bro but he was very nice in helping me to change the quicksand in the combo to spongewax as i wanted to try that. he actually helped me to order from mensbazaar so plus point!! haha! :s13: This is my first experience in trying these products other than wax/clays i bought from saloons that i cut my hair at. I first use the sponge wax and then apply a little gd to just hold the hair but i would like to try just gd alone like how the slikhaar people do it :s13: the spongewax smells extremely good but the gd doesnt really smell good. smells like it has alot of chemicals tbh. but anyway the spongewax is able to very nicely spike my hair up without clumping the hair together at all which is awesome and i just use a little bit of gd to finish so i cant really say much about the gd yet but i will update yall when i use more of it!
btw when yall say concocting the 2 together do you mean puting one after the other or putting both in your palms and mix them together then apply?

hey thanks bro!

Gold digger will smell good after applying in your hair. haha trust me. i was also put off by its smell at first but generally, when you touch your hair after applying and smell your hand, it doesn't smell that bad and actually smells good. haha.

we would suggest to apply 1 layer of the first product first then the 2nd product as a 2nd layer.
but if you think mixing them together works for you by all means! haha it's all about experimenting it and finding the best way for yourself.!

prozaizxc

Reaction score
hey thanks bro!

Gold digger will smell good after applying in your hair. haha trust me. i was also put off by its smell at first but generally, when you touch your hair after applying and smell your hand, it doesn't smell that bad and actually smells good. haha.

we would suggest to apply 1 layer of the first product first then the 2nd product as a 2nd layer.
but if you think mixing them together works for you by all means! haha it's all about experimenting it and finding the best way for yourself.!

haha yeah i find the smell on the hand after applying kinda addictive also but it also has the spongewax smell like mixed together.
so just put 1 product and work in the hair without style then apply the second product then start styling? cos if you start styling when you apply the first product then the second one when applying will mess up the hair again right haha
thanks for the advice! hehe

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
haha yeah i find the smell on the hand after applying kinda addictive also but it also has the spongewax smell like mixed together.
so just put 1 product and work in the hair without style then apply the second product then start styling? cos if you start styling when you apply the first product then the second one when applying will mess up the hair again right haha
thanks for the advice! hehe

yup, that's correct! haha glad that you like it!:D

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yup, that's correct! haha glad that you like it!:D

Yesterday night I tried to do comb back with hands. I used sea salt + Nigelle clay, make me look like I have 1 mushroom on my head. :s13:

Think my front still abit short.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yesterday night I tried to do comb back with hands. I used sea salt + Nigelle clay, make me look like I have 1 mushroom on my head. :s13:

Think my front still abit short.

back comb or side comb, fringe must be long. haha

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Like a boss, bro. All straight to the point. Just a minor add on, dont use too much SSS to do backcomb as it will be too dry and might be harder for you to achieve the look that you want. :)

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ohh okay. Fringe is the front part of your hair right? Sorry I noob in all these si mi fringe, slope and etc.

yep! fringe is the front. haha. leave it long so that the weight can fall back when u comb back!

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
hey thanks bro!

but if you think mixing them together works for you by all means!
haha it's all about experimenting it and finding the best way for yourself.!

i find that diff products work differently, and some work better the former way, and some better the latter way. but i do kind of style it first after i put the first layer, like at least shift it into position before doing the fine adjustments when the 2nd round comes in.

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
Ohh okay. Fringe is the front part of your hair right? Sorry I noob in all these si mi fringe, slope and etc.

hahaha yup! and the top part is called the crown.

maybe u can try pushing the crown part back and down first before styling ur fringe? that works sometimes...

kampong boi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Use lukewarm water to wash your hair. Do not agitate your scalp with hot water especially if you're having sensitive scalp. :)

I know hot water is out unless it is a very cold rainy day.

but warm water like not shiok one, cold water will refresh me

thanks for all the replies though, shall go read up more about it

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hahaha yup! and the top part is called the crown.

maybe u can try pushing the crown part back and down first before styling ur fringe? that works sometimes...

Arh okay. I hate it when I need to go down buy cigarettes. Have to style hair just to go down buy cigarettes. But ohh well, I too ai swee also. :s13:

prozaizxc

Reaction score
i find that diff products work differently, and some work better the former way, and some better the latter way. but i do kind of style it first after i put the first layer, like at least shift it into position before doing the fine adjustments when the 2nd round comes in.

I've been doing that but I find that if I just make minor adjustments like to the ends of the hair, not much of the 2nd product is able to be applied to the roots without messing up the hair!

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
I've been doing that but I find that if I just make minor adjustments like to the ends of the hair, not much of the 2nd product is able to be applied to the roots without messing up the hair!
Then don't? As in dun bother reaching the roots a second time. I seldom do also haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.