The Hair Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

neo1978

Reaction score
i think the words you are looking for is fine vs coarse, thick vs thinning. if thats the case, we need one more case! case #4! (too many cases for you? all these are in lower case if that helps #lamepunjokes) [reread the thing properly and realized the missing case is my case lol. coarse and thin)

>On a side note, I got a fren who dun need to style or do anything but his hair looks like a mane and totally untamed.
>So SSS will not work or is unnecessary for him in this case

actually it can still work wad. who says SSS is all about volume? it can tame flyaways and provide better control. spray and leave to airdry without agitation whatsoever.

No la... Coarse is associate to thick and DRY.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
okay.. Caucasian hair is mainly finer, Asian hair is thicker... sea salt spray helps limpy hair and put it this way.. pple who needed the extra help in styling. For Asian thicker hair could be heavier, the prob is you will need a wax/styling product that is suitable for you to hold your type of hair.

Actually, I was trying to say generally ang mo products are first made to target ang mo market. Example, Asian brands will not have glosser becos Asian market doesn't need it. I maybe wrong but I'm yet to see one, and most of pple not in the professional industry don't even know what a glosser color is. So likewise, pre style products has a smaller market in Asia.

I know that you guys are selling the products. I just wanna share what i know and im very sure that many pple will like your products. Don't wanna offense anyone.
Personally I would like to try hanz de fuko quicksand but it's out of stock.

haha no offense taken. we are all here for discussion.
ya lor. HdF all this is aim for ang moh market. not us. haha they don't give a **** about us.

wait for mensbazaar to restock. haha. it's not that bad. but hold and strength wise for us asian hair, don't expect it to be super strong. haha it's good for ang moh hair and weather, but here, different story. i use it to complement the gold digger.
it's very light weight though. try to get it into your roots, will work better. It's like nothing in there when applied.

actually no one here knows about sea salt spray till someone discussed about me. haha basically i started the thing about sea salt spray and leejhong was the one who recommended me that.

i saw they use it in slikhaar tv youtube, then i am like wow, i can do this with such a spray? so i went on to look for it. haha

neo1978

Reaction score
haha no offense taken. we are all here for discussion.
ya lor. HdF all this is aim for ang moh market. not us. haha they don't give a **** about us.

wait for mensbazaar to restock. haha. it's not that bad. but hold and strength wise for us asian hair, don't expect it to be super strong. haha it's good for ang moh hair and weather, but here, different story. i use it to complement the gold digger.
it's very light weight though. try to get it into your roots, will work better. It's like nothing in there when applied.

actually no one here knows about sea salt spray till someone discussed about me. haha basically i started the thing about sea salt spray and leejhong was the one who recommended me that.

i saw they use it in slikhaar tv youtube, then i am like wow, i can do this with such a spray? so i went on to look for it. haha

Thanks for your understanding... even korean or Japanese styling products... might not able to withstand our humid climate. My hair is quite ok.. even a level 3 strength will hold.

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score

:/ how would you differentiate between thick and thick then?
i think most people use the word coarse since its antonym is fine, and fine is pretty unobjectionable. if not later use thick and thick then must further clarify like what jh bro had to waste words doing >.>

\begin{random links that agree with me}
Hair texture and how to measure it
Hair Density - Hair Strands Number
The Thick And Thin Of Hair: What Type Do You Have?: Girls in the Beauty Department: glamour.com
\end{random links that agree with me}

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your understanding... even korean or Japanese styling products... might not able to withstand our humid climate. My hair is quite ok.. even a level 3 strength will hold.

huehuehue.... smth to look into after i graduate? hmmmmmm

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
okay.. Caucasian hair is mainly finer, Asian hair is thicker... sea salt spray helps limpy hair and put it this way.. pple who needed the extra help in styling. For Asian thicker hair could be heavier, the prob is you will need a wax/styling product that is suitable for you to hold your type of hair.

Actually, I was trying to say generally ang mo products are first made to target ang mo market. Example, Asian brands will not have glosser becos Asian market doesn't need it. I maybe wrong but I'm yet to see one, and most of pple not in the professional industry don't even know what a glosser color is. So likewise, pre style products has a smaller market in Asia.

I know that you guys are selling the products. I just wanna share what i know and im very sure that many pple will like your products. Don't wanna offense anyone.
Personally I would like to try hanz de fuko quicksand but it's out of stock.

Sharing is caring, bro. No offense taken at all. In fact, the fact that you raised all these out helps in the discussion too. :)

I definitely agree with you that pre-styling products have a smaller market in Asia too. :)

ajninknaw

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
new hair cut . feel much more neater now :o

1236794_10153286492745206_193422385_n.jpg

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Actually, coarse in this context does not only refer to being DRY. It can be used to refer to thickness in terms of diameter. Death is right on this. That is also why i chose not to use the term "coarse" so as to avoid confusion when i was replying to your post just now.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Because styling products all contains oil as part of their essential ingredients, there is basically no magical styling product that can withstand SG's humid climate. This is because of SG's humid climate, our hair tends to generate and produce more oils throughout the hair and that will reduce the effectiveness of these styling products. However, its actually up to one to perceive if this is a good thing or not. Because this just allowed SSS to come into play as it absorbs excess oils during the day. It helps to create this matte structure in place so your subsequent hair wax/clay can better withstand the horrid climate.

Ultimately, I still believe that European brands are formulated to better match the climate and the hair texture for Europeans. Our closest resemblance will be Japanese products though. :)

neo1978

Reaction score
i think most people use the word coarse since its antonym is fine, and fine is pretty unobjectionable. if not later use thick and thick then must further clarify like what jh bro had to waste words doing >.>

The Thick And Thin Of Hair: What Type Do You Have?: Girls in the Beauty Department: glamour.com

Thanks for sharing..
I correct myself...I normally associate coarse with rough and dry, you know, like the skin..
Anyway... I thought like shampoo ad.. it wont go.. "To have healthy coarse hair.. use this" blah.. Probably they meant healthy thick hair which healthy and dense hair.

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing..
I correct myself...I normally associate coarse with rough and dry, you know, like the skin..
Anyway... I thought like shampoo ad.. it wont go.. "To have healthy coarse hair.. use this" blah.. Probably they meant healthy thick hair which healthy and dense hair.

coarse skin? :eek:

hmm? cos fine/coarse not say good or bad mah... but apparently thick > thin , maybe cos thin like balding lol :( <- like this emoticon

Xenoxide

Reaction score

Love the qualitative and quantitative analysis.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bro your hair is Sibei long! Lol.

SSS and Gold digger bundle is very popular! Whoohooo! Still taking in orders! Haha thanks guys! I am sure you all will like it!

hoesoverbros

Reaction score
Hehe! Just did my stock take. Found 1 extra jug of quicksand LOL! So whoever wants it, can grab it over our website. Or want to pair it with gaoxing bro gold digger, you can drop him a pm:D

hoesoverbros

Reaction score
Sorry! Somebody just picked up the quicksand tgt with sponge wax:D Will update again once the next shipment is here. Peace!:D

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bro your hair is Sibei long! Lol.

SSS and Gold digger bundle is very popular! Whoohooo! Still taking in orders! Haha thanks guys! I am sure you all will like it!

YES! Thanks guys for the well-received response! Stocks for OS seasalt spray will be here before you know it so you can place your order now if you're still considering! :)

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
YES! Thanks guys for the well-received response! Stocks for OS seasalt spray will be here before you know it so you can place your order now if you're still considering! :)

YAY! haha ya! order now! slots are snatching up each day!

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
any of you guys here tried conditioner-washing aka no-shampoo-washing?

Bro, your pattern more than badminton leh. LOL

I didn't try out just pure conditoner-washing. Because conditioner cant replace the purpose of shampoo and likewise, shampoo cant replace the purpose of conditioner too. The maximum period of time that i didnt shampoo my hair was during field camp so i used powder. Thats the furthest i could go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.