The Hair Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi fellow forumers!

I'm not the kind of guy who is into styling my hair but I'm definitely a HUGE sucker for fragrance haha!

As such, I'm wondering whether the experts here can recommend an awesome shampoo and/or conditioner (either wash or leave-in) that has:
(1) an out-of-the-world smell; and
(2) lasts for a long time!

Both factors are equally important (because what's the point of smelling awersome for only 10minutes after you step out of the shower right?). I know that there have been rave reviews about the kanebo shampoo but there are no indications as to whether it fits the bill lol.

Please offer suggestions, thanks!!!
Personally I think asience pink will fit that bill. The scent can tahan from night to night. Everytime wind blow can smell again lol

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Personally I think asience pink will fit that bill. The scent can tahan from night to night. Everytime wind blow can smell again lol

i think if girls use herbal essence! oh my gawd!

go club smell their hair can already. hahahaha :s12:

stam

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Kanebo shampoo not only helps to effectively remove impurities and oils from the hair, but also helps to control the excess oils in one's hair. On top of these cleansing properties that it has, it also adequately moisturizes your hair such that you will feel your hair being silky smooth after shower. I must say that it will definitely allows you to be relaxed after usage. :)

And now to your main concern, fragrance. Kanebo is capable of staying on your hair for a considerable period of time. Rest assured that it wont be just 10mins but definitely longer than that. I don't dare to say that its out of the world smell but definitely pleasant enough to please most of the noses around here. You can check this page out for the collective reviews on the shampoo:
KANEBO LISSAGE VOGNE ACIDIC SHAMPOO 800ML (pH 5.5) - ThePrettyJerk

On a side note, Kanebo conditioner will be here soon too. Do stay tuned to it! :)

bro,
when is EBL colour clay coming? :)

prozaizxc

Reaction score
Any tips to apply gold digger? When I apply it to my hair it's like quite dry and quite hard to style leh cos it like clumps my hair together :( but the hold is impeccable :)

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
bro,
when is EBL colour clay coming? :)

Next month bro! It should be arriving earlier than the kanebo shipment though. Received a few positive feedback from some of the bros on EBL head colour forced finalizing hair clay!

Will text you when its here, zonglin bro! :)

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
Any tips to apply gold digger? When I apply it to my hair it's like quite dry and quite hard to style leh cos it like clumps my hair together :( but the hold is impeccable :)

have u tried wetting the golddigger or ur hair?

2 or 3 sprays of SSS onto clay thats already on ur hands has worked for me.

actually prestyling with quicksand works well too

Last edited:

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Try these.

1. Make sure your hair is dry (damp is also can but use on dry hair for a start)
2. Dig an appropriate amount onto your palms.
2. Rub to heat it up with your palms in a front-and-back manner before application
3. Dont use your fingers to pick at it when styling; Spread it evenly across your hair as if you are towel-drying it. Let the palms do the job as its spread evenly and distributed across your palms now

Like what death bro mentioned, you can consider using seasalt spray but however, his method of spraying SSS onto the clay on the palms is slightly too high level. Try spraying a few times on damp hair --> blow-dry --> Gold Digger --> hair spray if need to. This should work out good for you. :)

prozaizxc

Reaction score
have u tried wetting the golddigger or ur hair?

2 or 3 sprays of SSS onto clay thats already on ur hands has worked for me.

actually prestyling with quicksand works well too

i dont have SSS :(
i prestyle with sponge wax, when i apply the spongewax on my dry hair its easier to style than the GD leh. idk why i think the GD is more clayish? thats why its drier so it like clumps my hair tgt. How to wet the GD?

prozaizxc

Reaction score
Try these.

1. Make sure your hair is dry (damp is also can but use on dry hair for a start)
2. Dig an appropriate amount onto your palms.
2. Rub to heat it up with your palms in a front-and-back manner before application
3. Dont use your fingers to pick at it when styling; Spread it evenly across your hair as if you are towel-drying it. Let the palms do the job as its spread evenly and distributed across your palms now

Like what death bro mentioned, you can consider using seasalt spray but however, his method of spraying SSS onto the clay on the palms is slightly too high level. Try spraying a few times on damp hair --> blow-dry --> Gold Digger --> hair spray if need to. This should work out good for you. :)

i do the slikhaar style the circular palm movement but that just messes my whole hair and then its hard to style from there hahaha. okay, ill try your advice, thanks! :)

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
i dont have SSS :(
i prestyle with sponge wax, when i apply the spongewax on my dry hair its easier to style than the GD leh. idk why i think the GD is more clayish? thats why its drier so it like clumps my hair tgt. How to wet the GD?

go toilet put water HAHAHA.
but really, just put the tap on minimum, then with gd already on ur palms go for a quick swipe under the stream. bua until consistent and homogeneous, OTOT carry on!

prozaizxc

Reaction score
go toilet put water HAHAHA.
but really, just put the tap on minimum, then with gd already on ur palms go for a quick swipe under the stream. bua until consistent and homogeneous, OTOT carry on!

so spread evenly in palms first then swipe under water then spread again until consistent then apply on hair?

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
i do the slikhaar style the circular palm movement but that just messes my whole hair and then its hard to style from there hahaha. okay, ill try your advice, thanks! :)

circular or vertical palm rubbing shouldnt have much of a diff as long as its even before application tho

prozaizxc

Reaction score
can also, or just skip the 1st "spread evenly". dont swipe too slow tho! later too wet everything go down the drain. literally.

okay shall heed your advice, thanks :)

circular or vertical palm rubbing shouldnt have much of a diff as long as its even before application tho

idk leh, it like presses my hair down and makes it flat and like crunches the hair tgt

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Yes this circular movement is also possible and allows a fair and even distribution. The thing about styling is that you first try to get the styling product evenly across the different areas of your hair then u crunch and shape till it becomes the hair shape that you want. Many people commit the mistake of worrying that it will be too messy or tousled and will be hard to style and hence, they are very gentle when styling or even use two fingers to style. This is wrong as the product cant get evenly across the hair and there will be no creation of any hair texture at all. Just press on and i am sure you will be getting better and better at it. :)

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
idk leh, it like presses my hair down and makes it flat and like crunches the hair tgt

This is because Gold Digger is heavy and if your hair texture is of the thick type, it will be even heavier. Of course there will be pros for thick hair texture as due to the weight of the hair, its easier to tame them too. I believe seasalt spray should serve your needs well and further complement the use of your GD in the styling process.

With no SSS, when you are tousling your hair, you can try to create additional volume by styling in the reverse manner. If your hair parting is always to the right then style it to the left this time. It will create volume for you and your hair wont look flat. Crunch your hair as if you are crunching your fist to make it look more voluminous. Twist and punch the ends so that it wont fall flat that easily. Hope it helps. :)

prozaizxc

Reaction score
This is because Gold Digger is heavy and if your hair texture is of the thick type, it will be even heavier. Of course there will be pros for thick hair texture as due to the weight of the hair, its easier to tame them too. I believe seasalt spray should serve your needs well and further complement the use of your GD in the styling process.

With no SSS, when you are tousling your hair, you can try to create additional volume by styling in the reverse manner. If your hair parting is always to the right then style it to the left this time. It will create volume for you and your hair wont look flat. Crunch your hair as if you are crunching your fist to make it look more voluminous. Twist and punch the ends so that it wont fall flat that easily. Hope it helps. :)

Thanks alot, it helps a lot :)
my hair is super short, like 6 cm on top and 0.5 at the sides, will SSS help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.