The Hair Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMediator

Reaction score
Haha how you know, don't stalk me leh. Hahaha. I study Unisim. Part time! Thanks for the review! Going into the MO thread!

I was reading thru frm page 384 onwards where I left off and somehow saw you saying NUS to SIM far? hahaha

Next time need 2nd bottle can get from you easier liaooooooooo, classes start @ 7 ah?

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
Think it's not worth it to pay the extra for postage. Must save money for other products.

Btw, may i know when is the next arrival date? Should i apply GD on wet or dry hair?

gx and jh will say dry. i will say try both before deciding yourself.=:p

TheMediator

Reaction score
have never tried w wet hair before but make sure to BLOW DRY after applicaton if you apply on wet hair.

Usually what most of us here do is to apply any pre-styling hair product on towel dried hair, blow dry and style into shape before finishing off w the Gold Digger.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Think it's not worth it to pay the extra for postage. Must save money for other products.

Btw, may i know when is the next arrival date? Should i apply GD on wet or dry hair?

don't worry, when come will update. should be this week.

BLOWN
- Dry hair. Add a few drops of water into GD and apply.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I wish I could but .....

Currently I am using Beaver wax. Don't quite like it cos i prefer glossy to matte finish. Plus its difficult to apply.

just hope that GD can give me that kind of outcome that i desire.

keeping my fingers crossed. :s13:

Seldom do i see people in SG using beaver wax. Gold digger is going to work out better in terms of application than beaver wax. Beaver wax is actually kinda dry and hard to dig out too. And the packaging don't quite appeal to me as well. But IMO, using GD independently might or might not give you that amount of shine that you are looking out for. It is just accompanied with slight shine but definitely not glossy.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Its worth to collect the sea salt spray again! So you can meet one of our famous handsome korkor JH and possible have a small chitchat with him. He really can tell you a lot of thing!

I personally feel that luckily I gotten the sea salt spray as well as the PowerPoint hair spray. If not I would not able to achieve the desired hairstyle I want with such a crazy hair length/texture I have now

Woah don't praise till the skies leh bro. Like that my head very big leh.

So glad to hear you say this bro! Personally, i received pretty much positive reviews about these 2 products. Not expensive at all but definitely good quality stuffs IMO. Sometimes, the best products doesnt necessarily have to be the most expensive products, but products that suit you at the end of the day. :D

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I hardly go to Tanjong Pagar. Hence, the collection is actually a hassle to me. :(

Actually, arrangements can be made. I can also meet you up at more alternative places for SSS if meeting Gaoxing at Tanjong Pagar isn't that convenient for you. So, do consider SSS if location isn't a big problem afterall. :)

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Got the Gold Digger from GX on Saturday, been using it these 2 days.
I find that it is quite easy to apply on the hair, it is lightweight as if I didn't really put anything on the hair. Also, it doesn't make your hair stick together hence easy to restyle.
The hold was still ok and it was very easy to wash off. However I find that my hair seems to feel slightly greasy, almost negligible, but the feel is still there even after shampooing twice and blow dry.
Hence it was very difficult for me to achieve the desired style and volume when blow drying.
Those currently using Gold Digger do you guys face this issue as well?
I was using Syoss Tu-Re all along and my hair feels very clean after shampooing twice.

I think what you need more is SSS to counter the volume part instead. I actually feel that gold digger is more washable than syoss. Syoss is already very easy to wash off (you shouldn't even need 2 washes actually) but GD is even simpler. The slight greasy feel might be there but like you said, its negligible. It shouldn't be affecting your ability to style when blow-drying at all.

A point to note is that after shampoo-ing and your hair feels dry, it doesn't always mean that your hair is definitely cleansed properly. Especially so when you have to factor in the consideration that upon shampoo-ing twice, all of the natural oils are already being stripped off. This in turn also explains the dryness that you feel but doesn't mean the impurities are properly removed if the shampoo isn't strong enough to meet your needs.

I would actually recommend you to change shampoo and keep to the routine of shampoo-ing once only per day. Shampoo-ing twice only means that the current shampoo is not strong or effective enough to cleanse off what you are applying onto your hair. Consequently, not only does it costs more (using shampoo even faster), it also leads to faster hair fall. :)

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually wash once enough. I think the shampoo you use is those ntuc kind? I use clear mens yo test and wash off the gd. Works the first shampoo. No need 2nd time. Haha

Anyway thanks for the review, this is going into the MO thread

Definitely agree with gaoxing on this. Bottomline is to get yourself a decent shampoo and you will realize the difference. All these styling products that are mentioned over here definitely don't need 2 washes to get it off. If you need, something have went wrong somewhere. Just my 2cents of opinions.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
have never tried w wet hair before but make sure to BLOW DRY after applicaton if you apply on wet hair.

Usually what most of us here do is to apply any pre-styling hair product on towel dried hair, blow dry and style into shape before finishing off w the Gold Digger.

Yes, listen to this bro here! Great point.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Finish my toni and guy first. haha kanebo shampoo and conditioner is chor sia.

lolol. but kanebo shampoo cfm hoot!

Thanks for your support bro! I can always give you conditioner sample to try out. Its FREE! :D

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
JH come in mass spam again. Lol.

wah i really miss OS Fashion Sea Salt Spray. lol The shaping and hold as a prestyling product is the best.
KMS Sea Salt Spray the hold is really 1/5 as stated on the bottle.
No shape one. but it does give volume and so much less dry compare to OS.
I have to spam the KMS SSS and Heat Protector. or because my hair is too uber long!
hahaha time to snip snip snip!

Gonna finish up my imperial barber pomade already.
Slowly use up my stuff and left with gold digger! haha still the best wax ever.

anyway, found a good way to use scheme cream, can apply to create the indie british cut style when going to nearby places because undercut or whatsoever never style is really sai.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think what you need more is SSS to counter the volume part instead. I actually feel that gold digger is more washable than syoss. Syoss is already very easy to wash off (you shouldn't even need 2 washes actually) but GD is even simpler. The slight greasy feel might be there but like you said, its negligible. It shouldn't be affecting your ability to style when blow-drying at all.

A point to note is that after shampoo-ing and your hair feels dry, it doesn't always mean that your hair is definitely cleansed properly. Especially so when you have to factor in the consideration that upon shampoo-ing twice, all of the natural oils are already being stripped off. This in turn also explains the dryness that you feel but doesn't mean the impurities are properly removed if the shampoo isn't strong enough to meet your needs.

I would actually recommend you to change shampoo and keep to the routine of shampoo-ing once only per day. Shampoo-ing twice only means that the current shampoo is not strong or effective enough to cleanse off what you are applying onto your hair. Consequently, not only does it costs more (using shampoo even faster), it also leads to faster hair fall. :)

listen to my brother from another mother. LOL.

you want to clean fast and feel the dryness aka a feeling of clean, use q8 charcoal shampoo.

you want clean fast yet have the smooth feeling, mai tu liao, KANEBO!

anyway, i shampoo x 2 a day. Morning and Night.

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score

Not to mention split ends and stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.