The Hair Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadbeat

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just saying....the nigelle clay is super awesome!!! seriously 1 of the best stuff I have tried so far!

that being said, I'm not doing the anti-gravity quiff type of hairstyle but its really really awesome for the kind of hairstyle I like to do: Grunge/out of bed with slight volume look/indie brit hairstyle.

:love::love:

whatme

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I would like to give a review on the Leading Hairstylist, Ivan Too, from Kimage Prestige at Plaza Singupura.

I got my hair cut and permed from him.

It is my first time going to such prestige salon, well decorated and nice environment to have your hair cut.

At first, i spoke to him about my desired hairstyle and showing pictures/video such as Emil and Ramus from Slikhaar TV in Youtube

To my surprise, he immediately knew what I wanted!

Right afterwards, he proceeded to analyse my hair condition carefully and interpreted to me that my scalp is sensitive, hence he recommended me to use the scalp protection treatment before perming my hair so as to reduce my scalp's sensitiveness and itchiness towards the perming solution.

(This is quite true as i perm-ed my hair before at some ulu salon long time ago and it hurts me badly due to sensitive scalp and redness.) However, i was quite amazed that my scalp sensitiveness did not react nor I felt any pain

I could see that he is a cautious person when he was perming my hair and ensured the whole process that i do not feel any discomfort while tying the hair with the perming rollies.
A plus point for his knowledge and carefulness! :)

next, i was very satisfied with the result! I always thought that perming would look very curly.. however, these loose perm-ed large waves looked very natural.
A plus point for him for his skill again!: :)

Lastly, he trimmed my hair meticulously with the hairstyle I wanted in my mind. I could see that such hairstyle would be a little difficult and he really put in such big effort to cut my hair. I understand that with my big head and large forehead, such hairstyle i want wouldn't be suitable to me. I was afraid my large forehead would look even balder with this hairstyle.

But i was wrong! he was able to cut with the hairstyle without showing my "M"shape forehead.
A great plus point for him!

I am now a satisfied customer and happy that i am able achieve that hairstyle. Also, my birthday party is approaching next week and of course i want to look good on it. It is a great gift for me. Haha :X

After visiting so many salon, i must say, his skill is distinctive and i look forward to the next visit to get my hair cut from him again!

So many good points i felt, so i must give him a thumbs up!

Lets the pictures do the talking now!
m4kr.jpg

9lpg.jpg

Next things i can't wait to do is to use the OS SeaSalt Spray and Gold Digger from By Vilain! I strongly believe it will give a better outcome!

Last edited:

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
just saying....the nigelle clay is super awesome!!! seriously 1 of the best stuff I have tried so far!

that being said, I'm not doing the anti-gravity quiff type of hairstyle but its really really awesome for the kind of hairstyle I like to do: Grunge/out of bed with slight volume look/indie brit hairstyle.

Hahaha totally agree that it'll be fantastic for that kind of hair style!

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nice perm! Haha but heng my hair now still quite ok. Haha no need perms

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Guess that you already grasped the trick to using it well enough. :D

Just find the right appropriate amount of nigelle clay for your hair and you will be able to do wonders! Never use too much else it will surely make your hair collapse soonafter.

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
He told me yday so i help whatme bro reply!

$185 technical perm inclusive of haircut plus $35 pre-perming scalp protection and free treatment. BOOOM!

"great things come to those to have lots of change (in their pockets)." - rich old man

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
Guess that you already grasped the trick to using it well enough. :D

Just find the right appropriate amount of nigelle clay for your hair and you will be able to do wonders! Never use too much else it will surely make your hair collapse soonafter.

actually i tink hor, nigelle can spam one. cos that time i dunno how much to put, u said i put too little mah. so i just wack more and more until alot. but the change was minimal. abit like those "for newbies" product, spam or not also same effect, and everything goes in without a trace.

but obviously try not to put more that what you need, merely wasting.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
actually i tink hor, nigelle can spam one. cos that time i dunno how much to put, u said i put too little mah. so i just wack more and more until alot. but the change was minimal. abit like those "for newbies" product, spam or not also same effect, and everything goes in without a trace.

but obviously try not to put more that what you need, merely wasting.

U still got any more left a not? U should go and try to find the right amount for yourself. Your hair texture is very different from mine too so i can't really tell you how much to put too but as a rule of thumb for all products, i think you should start off with a bit then add a bit more, thats all. Usually, if keep adding until a lot, confirm screwed up one. :s13:

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
U still got any more left a not? U should go and try to find the right amount for yourself. Your hair texture is very different from mine too so i can't really tell you how much to put too but as a rule of thumb for all products, i think you should start off with a bit then add a bit more, thats all. Usually, if keep adding until a lot, confirm screwed up one. :s13:
dunno my friend still have anot lol. yo g! if u see this whatsapp me! lol

i put in stages last time, i think its wrong for this clay. as in i put abit then slowly add more. cos it dries quite fast, i think it would be best to one shot take exactly the minimum that you need. if not will waste alot that dried on the hands.

however! i remember that no matter how little or how much i put, the hold was the same. i could do the styles that deadbeat mentioned with any amount lol. lol rmb i said last time i just put one finger in and take it out? without scooping and all, just use whatever sticking on my finger.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
dunno my friend still have anot lol. yo g! if u see this whatsapp me! lol

i put in stages last time, i think its wrong for this clay. as in i put abit then slowly add more. cos it dries quite fast, i think it would be best to one shot take exactly the minimum that you need. if not will waste alot that dried on the hands.

however! i remember that no matter how little or how much i put, the hold was the same. i could do the styles that deadbeat mentioned with any amount lol. lol rmb i said last time i just put one finger in and take it out? without scooping and all, just use whatever sticking on my finger.

Give it a few more tries bro. It should be very different from what you experienced it before. U determine the amount best for you but try to trial and error and get the appropriate amount that you need. Less is more. Nigelle clay don't need too much actually. A little goes a along way already. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.