The Hair Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ANYBODY WENT TO HAIR PICASSO SALON IN TAMPINES CENTRAL BLOCK 506?

HOW THEIR SERVICE? 😮

Don't spend money on a hair cut 1st for you. Its more important to spend that amount and get a new keyboard. Your keyboard's capslock spoil if I'm not wrong.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if i want to apply gd/ whatever wax/clay onto towel dried hair and then blow dry after, what heat should i use on the hairdryer?
and also does anybody know where to buy hair straightners in stores? Does watsons or something sell them? Or departmental stores?

Keep the heat constant and moderate if you want to blow dry styling products on damp hair. My hairdryer is those very basic one so i wouldn't know what wind to set at as i dont have that setting too.

Hair straighteners are pretty common anything. Drugstores do sell but i remember they seem to be promoting one brand in particular. VS if i didnt remember it wrongly. Your best bet is to head to Courts or other electrical stores but i dont have any recommendation though.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Min heat(but not no heat) max wind. If can't set both then choose the middle setting. Read from few places and makes sense to me.

And yes Watson guardian best denki courts yadayada all got. Practically everywhere? That's why every girl has one lol. Or rather, most.

Dunno jh still got stock not though. He letting some go.

I have only two mini straighteners on hand but i am not exactly selling them too. If anyone is interested, pm is welcomed. :)

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
is there a product that can make my hair not so clean after washing?

Let me explain...I notice every time I bath and after my hair dries, it becomes 1 strand 1 strand and it gets messy easily when the wind blows.

However every morning when I go to work and I bath but don't wash my hair, my hair looks great from the natural "oil" and it is not that "strandy"

I also want to avoid products that gives a gel look because I don't want the "wet" look.

I'm a guy.

IMO, your problem doesn't lie on the cleansing extent but instead on the post dryness of cleansing. Irregardless of the dryness, the aspect of cleansing must never be compromised and should be exercised religiously to ensure the growth of healthy looking hair. I am guessing you did not use conditioner at all and you seem to be facing the problem of dry and frizzy hair as well. It might got to do with your current shampoo in place which causes the dryness. The strands of your hair seems to be loose and divided due to this amount of dryness and it portends the fact that moisture is lacking in your hair. You should create moisture in the hair by keeping it moist-balanced with a suitable shampoo and if need to, a conditioner to complement it as well.

I highly recommend Kanebo shampoo to you as it not only cleanses the hair well enough and ensures an adequate level of moisture in the hair so your hair will not feel too dry. IMO, do not harbour the thought of making it dirty just because you want to retain the "natural oils". These "natural oils" might contain dirty and excess oils too. What you should do is to perform religious hair care with consistency and the necessary natural oils will therefore be retained and not stripped off in any way. :)

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ANYBODY WENT TO HAIR PICASSO SALON IN TAMPINES CENTRAL BLOCK 506?

HOW THEIR SERVICE? 😮

Bro, i highly doubt that you will get a reply on this. Typically, only popular salons will garner response from the bros here. Your best bet is to browse through other salon threads on HWZ or google it. Google is everyone's best friend. :)

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
To support my handsome jh! Just drop a huge order on him. Haha 3 kanebo shampoo and 1 conditioner. Lol.

Guys better order soon! Later bo stock!

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Btw just now at the neighborhood store at tampines, this dude wanna buy osis+ session hair spray. I damn tempted to tell him to contact jh for the powerpoint instead. Haha but I didn't. Later tio whack by the shopkeeper. Lolol.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
To support my handsome jh! Just drop a huge order on him. Haha 3 kanebo shampoo and 1 conditioner. Lol.

Guys better order soon! Later bo stock!

Thanks bro for the support. To be honest, without the support from you guys, all these wouldn't be possible too. So thanks guys for all the positive reviews and overwhelming support as always! :D

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
Btw just now at the neighborhood store at tampines, this dude wanna buy osis+ session hair spray. I damn tempted to tell him to contact jh for the powerpoint instead. Haha but I didn't. Later tio whack by the shopkeeper. Lolol.

shopkeeper wan wack u u point powerpoint and powerspray powerpoint at him. he nth to say liao

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Then probably, we will miss gaoxing84's presence over here for quite some time. :eek:

LOL. wtf?!

anyway, my nick is damn old since neopets day.

even people in frontal, the old forum also rmb! hahaha wth!

your samples you give is for the win!

#ftw #JHwin #JH4EVA

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
after kanebo arrive, it will be q8 vs kanebo!

this thread to poisonous. haha i spend alot already sia!

broke liao.

anybody wanna kope the hdf sponge wax from me? haha i still got like 3/4 left! haha lai lai! $12 bucks

i realised i can't finish it

Last edited:

whatme

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Today my hands are itchy and I bought an hair shampoo and conditioner and leave in treatment at a beauty shop located NEX. As I was looking for this particular hair colour repair product. This product brand is RPR. I used before but finished liao. It really help my hair colour stay longer and not so dehydrated for bleached hair.

End up I bought the whole set from the shop as it was cheaper and comes with a curling brush and discounted price of the leave in treatment bottle.

http://www.rprhaircare.com.au/6472/DO-ORGANICS-RESCUE-SHAMPOO-300ML/pd.php

I guess I'm super broke once again. Haiz

Last edited:

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Today my hands are itchy and I bought an hair shampoo and conditioner and leave in treatment at a beauty shop located NEX. As I was looking for this particular hair colour repair product. This product brand is RPR. I used before but finished liao. It really help my hair colour stay longer and not so dehydrated for bleached hair.

End up I bought the whole set from the shop as it was cheaper and comes with a curling brush and discounted price of the leave in treatment bottle.

DO ORGANICS RESCUE SHAMPOO 300ML - RPR, DO ORGANICS - Product Detail - RPR Hair Care Pty. Ltd.

I guess I'm super broke once again. Haiz

why no support kanebo!?!

whatme

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bro. No offend here to you and Jh. Sometimes we cannot keep talk about the same certain brand.. Later others thought this thread is keep promoting about the same product over and over again. Worst to worst, it turn into a sales thread.

As this hair thread goes on, we also must try other various products and give review! If good, we recommend! If bad! We boo it!

Anyway.. I'm waiting for Kanebo shampoo to restock ah. I'm getting this shampoo for sure! Just that my hair is perm-ed and bleached before. Too Dry! Normal shampoo cannot handle!

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
oh oh i forgot about my week long experiment.

so... for 4 days i used serum (arimino peace milk, not really serum but u get the idea) after i showered at night, then put on gd the next morning. for the other 4 days i skipped the serum step.

this was to compare washability cos i, like some others, noticed that gd tends to have this feeling after a single wash, as if some residue stays behind. one day i used the serum then gd method and then when i shampooed it was muuuuuuuuuch easier to get rid of everything. so i set out to take more "readings"/"data" and did the 8 days long trial.

and..... YUP! serum before gd does work aloooot better. when i use gd alone, altho the residue left behind is somewhat negligible, the shampooing itself was definitely affected. like i had to really work the shampoo in, then the bubbles also got affected a great deal.

with the serum method, my shampooing was much easier, bubbles were like i didnt put any hair product at all, and it was very easy to work the shampoo into the hair.

so.... my advice would be to SERUM UP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.