The Hair Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How should carbolic be used?Like twice/week?I am using kanebo on a daily basis now but since u all mentioned carbolic,i am a little hooked on it now.

Carbolic will make your hair a little drier as compared to Kanebo. My take on this will be using carbolic for 3-4days per week and use kanebo on other days. Depending on the activities for that week as well, of course. If you sweat more, then it makes more sense to deep cleanse to get rid of the impurities thoroughly.

I myself am using Carbolic almost everyday with alternating usage of Pote Organic Shampoo now. The only big problem that i have with Carbolic is that it doesnt lather up well so i need to get it quickly onto my head otherwise the watery form will just flow off my palms.

Tudo88

Reaction score
Anyone can recommend me a good styling product with some shine and good holding strength?Much appreciated!

whatme

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Whatme bro oso want carbolic. I am actually planning to get them on my next shipment already! Will do so asap! :)

No need gain some and lose some. Get both of them. So we have both best in the world.. Hehehe..

Just now I walk pass a beauty shop then they sell Alot of hair products.. Make me very gian to go in. I went to find the redken mousse cream. Still cannot find lo.

Then I see their shampoo.. So tempted to get one.. But I already getting my kanebo soon. Too bad! :p

Last edited:

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone can recommend me a good styling product with some shine and good holding strength?Much appreciated!

what kind of shine you're looking and what style?

comb back i guess? haha

can try using uevo green, it's quite shiny and good hold. Kobayashi tried it on me once. but if i rmb correctly, it tends to harden.
if not will be back to pomade. Imperial Barber Classic Pomade.
Shine and good hold, but your hair must be really long. That's one of the criteria for using pomade cause it's heavy.
Lastly, Gold digger can be one of your choice as well as it contains a little shine that is not too overwhelming, good hold but doesn't harden and you can rake your hair anytime you want.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No need gain some and lose some. Get both of them. So we have both best in the world.. Hehehe..

Just now I walk pass a beauty shop then they sell Alot of hair products.. Make me very gian to go in. I went to find the redken mousse cream. Still cannot find lo.

Then I see their shampoo.. So tempted to get one.. But I already getting my kanebo soon. Too bad! :p

Redken Full Effect 04 All-Over Nourishing Mousse 250ml - Free Delivery - feelunique.com

Redken Aerate 08 Bodifying Cream-Mousse 66g - Free Delivery - feelunique.com

which one?

tampines got a store quite a few redken products, i help you bio

whatme

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i think the tub one maybe don't have. Purple use the spray can one on me. haha

whatme

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yea.. It's very rare..

But if you can get it. Definitely would be great..

PetiaC

Reaction score
My 5cts worth on "cheap" cosmetics products. Not all cheap things are bad.

Fortunately for me my body is not so picky so don't have allergy to cheap products like Johnson Baby Oil (use to protect my razors from rust), Nivea Creme (use to recover from razorburn and sunburn), Brylcreem (easy to wash off hair-styling product) all the above have synthetic material.

My son have sensitive skin so last time also spend a lot of money of expensive hypo allergic shampoo and soap. If he use the Johnson Baby Shampoo or Bodywash his skin will be become rough with "goosebumps" for days.

Until one day he started to use my soap bars because he copy me. The really dirt cheap Imperial Leather soap bar actually improve his skin condition even better than the expensive cleansers.

After which I am sold on soap bars. But currently using the much more expensive Tabac soap bar, but I will go use Imperial Leather as a backup in case I have no time to go down Mustafa to restock on Tabac.

osirisx

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
2nd one bro.

Thanks for helping to look out.. That product have a very nice smell and work very well. I must compare this with my Toni & guys mousse

when I was at kobayashi, they did use the 2 products on me albeit on different occasion

I got the 1st item from a hwzer, haven't ask the person about the 2nd item (cream tub)

if all else fails u can always get it from the salon

kampong boi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My 5cts worth on "cheap" cosmetics products. Not all cheap things are bad.

Fortunately for me my body is not so picky so don't have allergy to cheap products like Johnson Baby Oil (use to protect my razors from rust), Nivea Creme (use to recover from razorburn and sunburn), Brylcreem (easy to wash off hair-styling product) all the above have synthetic material.

My son have sensitive skin so last time also spend a lot of money of expensive hypo allergic shampoo and soap. If he use the Johnson Baby Shampoo or Bodywash his skin will be become rough with "goosebumps" for days.

Until one day he started to use my soap bars because he copy me. The really dirt cheap Imperial Leather soap bar actually improve his skin condition even better than the expensive cleansers.

After which I am sold on soap bars. But currently using the much more expensive Tabac soap bar, but I will go use Imperial Leather as a backup in case I have no time to go down Mustafa to restock on Tabac.

where do you et those soap bars? like Imperial Leather, Tabac etc

I heard about them before, but no idea where to get them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.