The Hair Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
Hmm... In my experiences with fudge 13 I felt that it was pretty light already... But ya you could look at claymation, which I think should be spongewax with quicksand in it. As for hoyu, never tried before so no comments

PetiaC

Reaction score
I use the green indian soup from young until now. My family is pray indian god one so certain things we use are always indian related. I still remember the 1st time I brought my girlfriend over and she commented that my toilet have this weird smell. :s13:

It cost around 50c for a bar but my daddy likes to go Malacaa just to eat so at the same time he'll stock up the indian bar soap as well. I remember he always buy like 3 - 6 cartons back so that shop seller remembers my daddy and till now, still selling him at RM20c for a bar.

Indian cosmetics damn power one. Many are traditional formula that really works but ppl shun the smell.

For example the Goodrej brand makes a variety of soap bars, toothpaste and shaving cream which are cheap and good.

Traditional Neem oil soap is very good for NS boys due to the anti fungal and anti insect properties.

Coconut oil is very good for hair, will give nice black healthy tone.

But all the herbal smell not everyone can take it. I use as part of my shaving rotation.

kingcarlos

Reaction score
Basically, i dont think there are specific products to be used for undercuts. Most products will be able to go well with undercut, be it wax or clay. However, it is the common sense to use products with slight or no shine if you are letting your fringe down. You will look damn weird if you use high shine products with such hairstyle especially classic fringe (bangs). On the other hand, with hairstyles that fringe goes up, then use products with at most moderate shine.

ic. so if slickback its better to use pomade/gel ?

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Indian cosmetics damn power one. Many are traditional formula that really works but ppl shun the smell.

For example the Goodrej brand makes a variety of soap bars, toothpaste and shaving cream which are cheap and good.

Traditional Neem oil soap is very good for NS boys due to the anti fungal and anti insect properties.

Coconut oil is very good for hair, will give nice black healthy tone.

But all the herbal smell not everyone can take it. I use as part of my shaving rotation.

Very true about the Neem oil soap. I used that during my NS times.

neo1978

Reaction score
Didn't know that there is exfoliating shampoo in the market. Only heard of facial exfoliators. Looks good but just wondering what exactly does exfoliating shampoo does for us? Facial exfoliators are meant to remove dead skin cells but with regard to hair, there aint dead cells right?

I heard of wella cleansing shampoo before. But is it very dry? What difference does it have from the typical big boys brands out there? :)

There are quite a few exfoliating shampoo, hair mask in the market... from what i come across, mostly are Jap brands but i don't remember the names.

Like all deep cleansing shampoos, they are formulated to be stripped the filth and oil, even the hair colours. *if you just colored your hair and you think that the color is deep or dark, use a deep cleansing shampoo to lighten it (if you have bleaching done, DONT use it)

Actually... Wella is a very big brand.. In many markets.. the main 2 brands that are always going head to head are LOreal professionel and Wella... No other brands even come close to market share... Schwarzkopf used to be very strong too.

Bio touch by Wella which is along the line of LOreal Pro and Redken
System Professional by Wella against Kérastase

I think many salons find it tough to commits the number sets by Wella, so you don't see a lot. Anyway under P&G, there are so many other professional brands... Sebastian, Clariol Pro, Nioxin that I dont think they need much commitment... btw Sebastian hairspray is gd.

neo1978

Reaction score
Looking to try out something new for my hair. I style my hair like a pompadour/slick back, but more towards the side and without a comb. Currently using Fudge Matt Hed 13 but it feels abit heavy and causes my hair to droop.

I've been looking at HDF claymation and Hoyu 3210 ultra hard. Any other recommendations/insights?

Hoyu downsize their share in Sg.. reason "they wanna take it slow and don't wanna earn $$ too fast"... think they brought 3210 it in... Anyway... you can call color bar salon or base station by Hisato or call direct to Hoyu Singapore mainline and ask... they got nothing to do... hoyu.com.sg

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

both works. one will harden, one will not..
depends what look you want.

gel will give the lock it in dead hair look.
pomade tends to be more natural.

but hair must be long la.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Looking to try out something new for my hair. I style my hair like a pompadour/slick back, but more towards the side and without a comb. Currently using Fudge Matt Hed 13 but it feels abit heavy and causes my hair to droop.

I've been looking at HDF claymation and Hoyu 3210 ultra hard. Any other recommendations/insights?

claymation never use before. haha. hairyportal doing pre order for it. can go find them.

pomp can try gold digger + quicksand combo.

if not imperial barber pomade if your hair is uber long. haha

brightside

Reaction score
claymation never use before. haha. hairyportal doing pre order for it. can go find them.

pomp can try gold digger + quicksand combo.

if not imperial barber pomade if your hair is uber long. haha

hey thanks for the input. My hair isn't uber long, so no pomades for me. Where can i get gold digger?

Hoyu 3210 is quite pricey. Not sure if Hairbond Moulder or any other products are worth trying..

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hey thanks for the input. My hair isn't uber long, so no pomades for me. Where can i get gold digger?

Hoyu 3210 is quite pricey. Not sure if Hairbond Moulder or any other products are worth trying..

tried the hairbond distorter only. natural looking but the hold not strong enough.

gold digger i am doing MO.
you can check this out for the videos. if any of the hair style you're look for is in there anot.
to have pomp, must have volume. if you got flat hair, sea salt spray is the way to go. most of the people swear by it.
Asian hair life-saver!
http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/h...d-digger-vilain-slikhaar-denmark-4356610.html

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Yes you are right. To pull off slickback, you need shine. Especially so if your hair is coloured. Because if shine will help to bring out the texture of your hair to make it look lively and attain its purpose in the first place. :)

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I use the green indian soup from young until now. My family is pray indian god one so certain things we use are always indian related. I still remember the 1st time I brought my girlfriend over and she commented that my toilet have this weird smell. :s13:

It cost around 50c for a bar but my daddy likes to go Malacaa just to eat so at the same time he'll stock up the indian bar soap as well. I remember he always buy like 3 - 6 cartons back so that shop seller remembers my daddy and till now, still selling him at RM20c for a bar.

Wow RM20c is like less than 10cents leh. Thats dirt cheap. :eek:

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There are quite a few exfoliating shampoo, hair mask in the market... from what i come across, mostly are Jap brands but i don't remember the names.

Like all deep cleansing shampoos, they are formulated to be stripped the filth and oil, even the hair colours. *if you just colored your hair and you think that the color is deep or dark, use a deep cleansing shampoo to lighten it (if you have bleaching done, DONT use it)

Actually... Wella is a very big brand.. In many markets.. the main 2 brands that are always going head to head are LOreal professionel and Wella... No other brands even come close to market share... Schwarzkopf used to be very strong too.

Bio touch by Wella which is along the line of LOreal Pro and Redken
System Professional by Wella against Kérastase

I think many salons find it tough to commits the number sets by Wella, so you don't see a lot. Anyway under P&G, there are so many other professional brands... Sebastian, Clariol Pro, Nioxin that I dont think they need much commitment... btw Sebastian hairspray is gd.

Sebastian shaper fierce? It tends to freeze my hair too much i feel. Almost the same as Schwarzkopf OSIS+ session finish. Basically, i dont like how the dispensed liquid particles being unable to dry quickly. This will definitely make the hair look "wet" and "gelled up", even though it lives up to its name.

deadbeat

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

moulder hold is very bad especially in humid SG

get sculptor instead

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wow RM20c is like less than 10cents leh. Thats dirt cheap. :eek:

Yeah. I remember last time when I young boy boy, always just sit car follow daddy drive up in the morning then eat and walk around + come back at night. Like 1 day road trip. :s13:

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes you are right. To pull off slickback, you need shine. Especially so if your hair is coloured. Because if shine will help to bring out the texture of your hair to make it look lively and attain its purpose in the first place. :)

another method will be using matte strong hold products and spray high shine hair spray.
this will allow the user to have both choices, matte or shine. :s12:

whatme

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Today is the day I have put Alot of hair products on my hair in my life ever.

Mousse > Sss > blow dry (can see my hair like explosion) > quicksand (get even more volume and hair starts to bunch up obediently) > lastly! GOLD DIGGER!

The Toni & guys volume plumping mousse gives a very sticky feel but after blow dry. My hair (roots) stands up and feels thick. I guess I applied too much, hence it was very sticky

However the OS fashion sea salt spray works very well with it. Giving it more "pom" .

One another mistake I did is insufficient finishing spray. Now my baby hair flying out.

All thanks to the mixture of mousse, sss, quicksand and gold digger supporting this voluminous hair. Weee~

Last edited:

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Today is the day I have put Alot of hair products on my hair in my life ever.

Mousse > Sss > blow dry (can see my hair like explosion) > quicksand (get even more volume and hair starts to bunch up obediently) > lastly! GOLD DIGGER!

The Toni & guys volume plumping mousse gives a very sticky feel but after blow dry. My hair (roots) stands up and feels thick. I guess I applied too much, hence it was very sticky

However the OS fashion sea salt spray works very well with it. Giving it more "pom" .

One another mistake I did is insufficient finishing spray. Now my baby hair flying out.

All thanks to the mixture of mousse, sss, quicksand and gold digger supporting this voluminous hair. Weee~
you still lose me!

haha i got 5! wahahaha :s22:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.