The Hair Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

whatme

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i count 5 on his too o.0. he used the word "lastly" wrongly lol. since he said

>One another mistake I did is insufficient finishing spray. Now my baby hair flying ou

Sorry bro. English too laoya and don't know how to describe.. Keke..

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
Sorry bro. English too laoya and don't know how to describe.. Keke..

nth wrong. like when describing ur zhi char meal u dont have to say "lastly, we had rice". can be said as tho its understood that the true final product u used is a hairspray also

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

coollikeabird is hdf ambassador

his hair is darn soft! oh god!

Last edited:

xeonboy

Banned
Reaction score
Hi all,

The hairstylist told me today that I cannot wash my hair everyday using the normal shampoo (those normal hairloss / dandruff type you see in neighbourhood shops etc), and I must alternate it with moisturizer shampoo (meaning, 3 days of moisturizer shampoo then 1 day of normal shampoo etc.)

She say because I wash with normal shampoo everyday (I wash hair 2 times per day), my hair now has many split ends and is weak and crispy (due to being super dry), doesn't have the volume or natural hold that others' hairs have (on this aspect, she's right, though). I have sea salt spray to prop up the hair but that's not the point.

So, is this accurate? Or is she trying to make me buy another product?
Would like to get a 2nd opinion on this. Tks a lot!

Last edited:

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

The hairstylist told me today that I cannot wash my hair everyday using the normal shampoo (those normal hairloss / dandruff type you see in neighbourhood shops etc), and I must alternate it with moisturizer shampoo (meaning, 3 days of moisturizer shampoo then 1 day of normal shampoo etc.)

She say because I wash with normal shampoo everyday (I wash hair 2 times per day), my hair now has many split ends and is weak and crispy (due to being super dry), doesn't have the volume or natural hold that others' hairs have (on this aspect, she's right, though). I have sea salt spray to prop up the hair but that's not the point.

Although its recommended to wash your hair once, I feel its really very hard for guys to just wash the hair once. Minimum also twice imo. Unless you're the kind that don't style your hair then yeah, its possible.

She should be accurate as she's a hairstylist. Ultimately, it depends whether you wanna get hair care products or not.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Most probably she observed that your hair might be too dry and perhaps with symptoms such as split hairs and weak follicles. I can't really judge whether the assertion of not using normal shampoo is right or wrong as there are definitely more people than you can imagine out there, using normal shampoo to wash everyday.

However, what i think should be practised in IMO should be:

1) Wash your hair at most once everyday. U can abide by your habit of washing 2 times per day if you want but i believe no harm in changing your routine to see if it can work out even better.
2) Use deep cleansing shampoo at most 3-4 days per week to cleanse the impurities and excess oils. Even better, use or complement it with acidic shampoo to do the job more thoroughly. It might result in dryness so judge the situation accordingly.
3) Pair off with the use of conditioner 2-3 days per week. Excessive usage will cause it to become oily, at least for me. Death bro mentioned conditioner washing though. Never try it personally but just for additional information.
4) For people with long hair, hair mask is actually important and essential. Nutrients can't be passed to the part of the hair when its more than 5cm. Guys cut their hair often so its okay. This is especially important for females who typically keep their hair long.

In a nutshell, if your hair feels dry after shampoo-ing, do not just ignore it. Signals have already been sent out so get yourself a hydrating or moisturizing shampoo to balance the moist in the hair. Kanebo, IMO, being an acidic shampoo, does a pretty good job on this if anyone is looking for a practical solution. Hope it helps! :)

neo1978

Reaction score
Apart from carbolic,will redken be a good alternative for deep cleansing shampoo>?

Almost every brand has its own deep cleansing shampoo. Most of the better brands for deep cleansing shampoo works pretty well.
Redken cleansing cream which is their deep cleanser, you will feel a tingling sensation... at least for me it did.

xeonboy

Banned
Reaction score
Tks guys! Can anyone recommend a moisturizer shampoo? Preferably cheap ones that can be found in Watsons or those neighbourhood shops.
Also, for moisturizers, I assume we use it several times a week, then the rest of the week, we use those normal deep cleansing shampoos? As in, pairing them off?

@ Leejhong: The OS spray I got from you previously is insane. When applied in the correct amt + blow dry, it gives me the same effect as those super-thick-voluminous korean hair :D:D:D My hair volume pretty much goes from flat and limp to thick and almost-afro :D

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Tks guys! Can anyone recommend a moisturizer shampoo? Preferably cheap ones that can be found in Watsons or those neighbourhood shops.
Also, for moisturizers, I assume we use it several times a week, then the rest of the week, we use those normal deep cleansing shampoos? As in, pairing them off?

@ Leejhong: The OS spray I got from you previously is insane. When applied in the correct amt + blow dry, it gives me the same effect as those super-thick-voluminous korean hair :D:D:D My hair volume pretty much goes from flat and limp to thick and almost-afro :D

Glad that OS Fashion helped you bro! :D

neo1978

Reaction score
Hi all,

Sry to say... your stylist is full of sh*t... you have short or long hair? If short hair and you found split end is mainly due to blunt thinning scissors used on you. Most of the better stylists will not start with or even use a thinning scissors at all.
It is advisable to switch or interchange shampoos.
Anyway... moisturizing shampoos from store... use Dove or Shiseido Tsubaki, go for red or white.

whatme

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

After recommendation from some bros here. I bought the herbal essence moisturising shampoo. For that affordable price. It has coconut smell. And does its job well for moisturising shampoo. Cost around $8plus

Nevertheless. If you got budget. Just go for the Kanebo shampoo. I tried the sample. It smell nice and moisture adequately! Still waiting patiently for it to restock tho.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
to share, i have carbolic q8 shampoo and paul mitchell awapuhi shampoo.
Both are consider quite cleansing for my everyday use.

conditioner wise, i use the toni and guy conditioner for fine hair.

waiting for my kanebo so i can skip the conditioner part. or maybe not? lol

i am still eagerly waiting for the Pote Organic Shampoo. Love the smell better than kanebo!

whatme

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
to share, i have carbolic q8 shampoo and paul mitchell awapuhi shampoo.
Both are consider quite cleansing for my everyday use.

conditioner wise, i use the toni and guy conditioner for fine hair.

waiting for my kanebo so i can skip the conditioner part. or maybe not? lol

i am still eagerly waiting for the Pote Organic Shampoo. Love the smell better than kanebo!

Kanebo already smell so good.. Omg.. I cannot imagine the Pote smell even better.. Gosh!

tatsit

Honorary Member
Reaction score
i have this giovanni eco chic shampoo and conditioner. but after washing my hair and towel dry, my hair tangles up a lot leh

deadbeat

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yeah, the OS salt spray makes my hair feel full-bodied. For something so simple, the effect is amazing.

& kanebo shampoo really smells and feels damn good. will totally re-purchase after it finishes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.