The Hair Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
haha that clay tt Im using! but its clay and i dont think as easy to wash off as GD. got strength but has its own drawbacks i suppose. as with most styling products, use sparingly! bit by bit apply into hair. if you go gorh one lump out and use gd luck to styling your hair sia.

*clay all got v strong hold but its not the same as wax tts y called clay

does it yank out ur hair when styling?

btw not all clay got strong hold la... looking at you joico lol.

nice website u got there too btw. the raybans site. very well made ;)

OpticalBoy

Reaction score
does it yank out ur hair when styling?

btw not all clay got strong hold la... looking at you joico lol.

nice website u got there too btw. the raybans site. very well made ;)

its pretty strong so it would if you do it too fast. i recommend using a cocktail with a lighter wax if you are afraid to lose hairs. then do a finishing touch with just the clay like to define the spikes or locks or so and then spray to hold it for the day.

as for the site, thanks death! the banners are kinda too amateur so will be doing touch ups soon! do tell me if you wanna get shades yea! go try at those boutiques then come to me with the model number for special hwz bro prices hahahah :s13:

Andy0601a

Master Member
Reaction score
Great news! Hanz de Fuko Claymation has arrived.

Place your order at HairyPortal now!

Hanz De Fuko Claymation at HairyPortal - $26.90

Hanz de Fuko Modify Pomade, Scheme Cream, Hybridized Wax and Sponge wax all available as well.

HANZ-DE-FUKO-CLAYMATION-2T.jpg

very interested!

ta q bin at $4 per delivery can be taxing tho for regular purchases, registered mail option unavailable on the site too(only normal or ta q bin).

not possible for COD?

Last edited:

PetiaC

Reaction score
Talking about hair loss today when styling with the mp3 clay i pull out a handful of hair, quite worrying.

Nv encouter this with pomade or gatsby clay.

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How you all make the hair pomp up arh? My girlfriend tried to make Quiff for me but she's unable to make the hair pomp up leh.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
heh sry for the super late quote hahaha redigging up the old posts cos i just came back from reservist (but no need cut hair :D)

the way i use the Osis+ 3 hair spray is through short bursts about 20-30 cm away from hair so that it doesnt have a wet look but gives an extremely good hold. though if you spray it too close or too long/much it does make your hair clump tgt and flop and has a wet look. the key is to not use it too near and not to apply too much! comes with practice!

the price point for this? i used to get the 300 ml ones for like 11-13 bucks from chinatown and recently using the 500 ml one for $15.50 (like damn cheap right?!). my previous 500ml one lasted me like half a year or so. when i was in TW i managed to find those tiny 100 ml ones which are great for a touch up when you're outside. just put it in your bag (i like to carry a small pouch around. NO ITS NOT A PURSE)

I guess my hairstyles tend to be a little loud so i like sprays that freeze it in place like when i just styled it. though i used to do pomps (back and sometimes angled to the side) and it worked fine for me (though no restyling as gx and jh bros mentioned). or maybe i just dont know how to make natural looking hairstyles:(. maybe later i'll try to dig up some pics to ask you all for comments. hahaha

to add on to what natural styles are like : they are supposed to make it as though that is your natural look. literally. as if this is the default hair you were born with lol. like very little effort was needed to achieve such an awesome look. doesnt look like you had to fight hard and do alot for your hair. and as with most styles, it doesnt look like you overdid it.

also, to comment on GD which i got from gx few weeks back;
its a relatively strong wax(?) and it dries really really fast. perhaps im using it wrongly as i only take a bit at a time and rub it around before applying it to my hair without adding water. it gives a relatively matte look but still seems to give me the impression that if i use more it will have a sort of sheen to it and harden my hair.

currently i'm using a cocktail of GD with my old tub of Lazulite Popping Mix Clay to achieve a not so strong hold and give my hair a natural bounce after blow drying with the SSS (also thanks to gx and jh bros) and finishing off with a light spray of osis+. seems to work fine, but sometimes if i am in a rush and use too much GD while making the cocktail, the hair get too wet a look to my liking. so in short, its up to you to maximize the potential of it. a ferarri is only as good as its driver yea?

to those who have tried Lazulite Popping Mix Clay before, I would say that GD is probably 3/5 as strong as it in terms of hold and GD gives a wetter look than it( but note that the lazulite clay prolly has a shine of 0 which is as matte as it can get). also the fragrance is much better with a watermelony kind of fragrance that i really like. I got lazulite popping mix clay in HK randomly about 2 years back and when i checked online for pics just now to send to my friend who is gg to hk and asking her to get it back for me, it seems that they have changed their packaging so im not sure if its the same one.

lastly, guys, use the kanebo shampoo! its freaking awesome! i used the sample jh bro packed and it was damn good. gonna order it from him! heh.

Cheers people!:D

Nice review over here, bro! Just to mention. I have finally found a replacement to the ever lasting OSIS+ Session Finish. Head Colour Super Hold is definitely capable of matching up to OSIS+ Session Finish and does not gelled up the hair like how OSIS+ does for me. I cant emphasize further on how much i disliked the "gelling up" of hair although it does give me the control that i want.

Kanebo is receiving a lot of positive feedback and thanks all for that! Just a note. I am left with 10 bottles of kanebo already although all are not here yet. Those who are interested, please pm or text me anytime to reserve! :D

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Talking about hair loss today when styling with the mp3 clay i pull out a handful of hair, quite worrying.

Nv encouter this with pomade or gatsby clay.

A handful is actually quite scary. I think you should seriously reconsider on whether to continue to use that product. It might cause some real issues for you man. :(

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How you all make the hair pomp up arh? My girlfriend tried to make Quiff for me but she's unable to make the hair pomp up leh.

Bro, isnt your fringe already pomp in the first place? It shouldnt be a problem for u at all.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
like that counted?
iIIXBJFMLakU7.jpg

I like your quiff. Looks real textured over there. However, your sides are very prone to flopping due to the length and weight. U might want to consider using pins to hold them tightly. :)

tatsit

Honorary Member
Reaction score
I like your quiff. Looks real textured over there. However, your sides are very prone to flopping due to the length and weight. U might want to consider using pins to hold them tightly. :)

so that's the problem.. like you said, my sides keep flopping down, I've been trying to make it stay

if I use pins, how should I place then so that it is not visible?

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
so that's the problem.. like you said, my sides keep flopping down, I've been trying to make it stay

if I use pins, how should I place then so that it is not visible?

Use black pins and clip them underneath your hair. Cover with an outer layer. Its kinda impossible for ppl to see them if you do it well. The challenge is its very hard to do so especially when starting it out on your own. U might want to practice a bit on that if you're trying it out.

Alternatively, you can try going for loose wavy perms. It helps to lock the hair there better as your hair is no longer that straight anymore.

whatme

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sian. Why most of you all just spray lightly then can go out liao.

For me. If I calculate how much I spray. Imagine holding n pressing the spray for 20sec would be my usage everyday. If not my hair will just collapse.

deadbeat

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
its pretty strong so it would if you do it too fast. i recommend using a cocktail with a lighter wax if you are afraid to lose hairs. then do a finishing touch with just the clay like to define the spikes or locks or so and then spray to hold it for the day.

as for the site, thanks death! the banners are kinda too amateur so will be doing touch ups soon! do tell me if you wanna get shades yea! go try at those boutiques then come to me with the model number for special hwz bro prices hahahah :s13:
PM-ed you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.