The Hair Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoesoverbros

Reaction score
side track a little, anyone know a stylist in tampines that can help with re-styling of hair?

sick of my hair style, which is basically all push to 1 side and i have to cut very often so it doesnt look like a helmet when its too long.

Try nick from Tampines 1 Anthony hair boutique. Not bad. damage about 30SGD.

brightside

Reaction score
Aaaaand just a quick post.

Gold Digger > Claymation in terms of hold. Hands down! Thanks bro gaoxing for the recommendation. Great service too. Definitely gonna order another tub soon!

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Gold Digger > Claymation in terms of hold. Hands down! Thanks bro gaoxing for the recommendation. Great service too. Definitely gonna order another tub soon!
Woah! Don't let rasmus of slikhaar see this! Haha he will be super happy lol

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just changed hairstyle. Never cut other style before other than mullet.

Might wanna try Goldigger.

dark_aLLeY

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Serious? I still feel GD is not holding enough. I thought Clay will have the most holding power.

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Serious? I still feel GD is not holding enough. I thought Clay will have the most holding power.

I would like to say this depends on how stubborn your hair really is. Works differently for everyone.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Different items will have different holding power.
I think clay might not be necessarily be stronger but it has the the properties to so sculpting.

Wax on the other hand can be use for holding bunches of hair together.

I feel sebastian craft clay is not as strong as gold digger for combback or quiff but it's good for those Japanese hair style which require separation.

ahchiong

Reaction score
Arimino Spice Neo Freeze or pp hairspray stronger hold?

I tried both before. For the arimino, i feel that its abit lighter on the hair and it feels more pleasant on the hair, holding strength is quite comparable to pp, maybe jux a littleee bit stronger. Its pricey and fnishes fast. =(

PP i felt that it gives more shine, but its a cheaper and worth the price alternative. Overall, the hold is about the same, just that arimino easier to restyle.

hoesoverbros

Reaction score
I would like to say this depends on how stubborn your hair really is. Works differently for everyone.

Agree. A person with thin hair like those ang moh, they can even style with hanz de fuko sponge wax as shown in slikhaar but to us (asian), that holding is not enough.

Well, one's man trash is another man's treasure. Happy and satisfied with your purchase can liao:D

Andy0601a

Master Member
Reaction score
redken%20for%20men%20clean%20brew.jpg

Hi everyone, was wondering if anyone is using the the above shampoo?

Got it recently at Supercut, $30 for 250ml after discount, originally $38, quite expensive imho for such a small bottle considering that I have to put quite an amount to lather well.

Went to dig around online for the RRP, getting the impression it is around > $20 or lesser thereabout(accuracy unsure), if that's the case marking it up to $38 abit over, was I over charged?

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have slightly thin hair.. and feels like changing to a deep cleansing shampoo..
experts here can recommend which is better? Kanebo or Carbolic?
read that both have good reviews so far..

Kanebo and Carbolic both cleanse well but carbolic is scalp cleansing shampoo so it will cleanse it better and further its cleansing properties as compared to Kanebo. Both shampoos are suitable for thin hair and can be used on daily basis. Additionally, Carbolic is also an organic shampoo (charcoal shampoo) to begin with but Kanebo isn't. However, carbolic will tend to make your hair a little bit more dry as compared to Kanebo which comes with adequate moisturizing effects.

To share, some have actually feedbacked that due to the moisturizing effects, it makes it feel like it doesnt cleanse well. IMO, to be cleansed effectively doesn't solely lie on the determinant of dryness. In actual fact, i feel Kanebo does cleanse well and rid the excess oils and impurities but it prevents one from feeling the dryness due to its high moisturizing properties that makes it a beauty.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Got it recently at Supercut, $30 for 250ml after discount, originally $38, quite expensive imho for such a small bottle considering that I have to put quite an amount to lather well.

Went to dig around online for the RRP, getting the impression it is around > $20 or lesser thereabout(accuracy unsure), if that's the case marking it up to $38 abit over, was I over charged?

It shouldnt be surprising that they "overcharged" you considering the fact that its at a salon that you made your purchase at. Unless you really need to, you shouldn't buy at salons actually coz it will definitely be more expensive than other alternatives. Just know what u want and dig the information from the stylists over there and make your purchase through cheaper means next time. :)

Ursuul

Reaction score

I ordered from Amazon, total cost including shipping was $23 thereabouts. The price you paid is slightly rip-off IMO, even with the "discount" factored in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.