The Hair Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoesoverbros

Reaction score
claymation bo sample ah? sell till song song alr. haha :s13:

Haha! Last week biz is pretty damn good! No worries la bro, next shipment coming in this week (HOPEFULLY) I alr constant remind them to give a packet of HdF sample size. Haha! If don't have I give you 1 jug you go spread da love :D

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You know lar. Last few years gifts all quite expensive then suddenly. Actually I already told her before liao, Christmas, Vday and birthdays to me are like nothing because its like just an excuse to receive more gifts for the female. I said only the date we got together is important to me.

Initially she couldn't take it. :s13:

damn straight. lol ;)

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
this one asian black hair cannot pull off lah confirm. its nice because of the colour shade and texture.

ya lor. the colour shade and texture. we black hair just look like a nerd or loser. hahaha.
texture might be able to replicate

maybe i should color my hair.
hmmmmm...........:s8:

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Haha! Last week biz is pretty damn good! No worries la bro, next shipment coming in this week (HOPEFULLY) I alr constant remind them to give a packet of HdF sample size. Haha! If don't have I give you 1 jug you go spread da love :D

wah! like that i pray they dont give sample size so i can have a jug and share around. lol

will be waiting! :s12:

whatme

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
will perming help create a more textured slick back hairstyle? or is it best to stay natural for slick back?

I did a soft wave perm 3 weeks ago. Which helps my hair able to comb up. If not it's impossible as my hair very straight and heavy..

exterminazn

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Its to chemically change the structural bonds of the hair to become curly. There are a few variations of perming. Two main broad categories of permed results are tight curls and loose curls. For a more comprehensive answer, i think google will be a better solution. :D

bro **, i ask ivan from shirley mah and he said doing a perm would enable a quiff to style more easier. dunno whether to undergo anot haha.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
will perming help create a more textured slick back hairstyle? or is it best to stay natural for slick back?

With the natural asian hair texture and our abnormally straight hair, its relatively hard to do a slickback. Perming helps you to better achieve all kinds of hairstyles with much ease. Choose the degree of curls that you want and actually, perming isn't really that curly afterall too. With permed hair, it looks better and u will take lesser time to style your hair too actually. :)

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
bro **, i ask ivan from shirley mah and he said doing a perm would enable a quiff to style more easier. dunno whether to undergo anot haha.

Why u scold me bro. HAHA. Anyway, i cant agree more with him and i think you should try it man! At most, its just 3 - 4 months of permed hair only. Wouldnt hurt much to try it out too! :D

ecan07

Reaction score
I never use claymation before. Used quicksand once and never touch it again. Not because its a bad product but because it does nothing for me. Am guessing its due to my permed hair, thats why. Quicksand gives you a matte polish as top-coat. Should be able to control the oily look if one's hair is oily too.

90 degrees is very good for people with thin hair IMO and it should be able to do the job well enough for you. Which hair spray are u using now? Perhaps you can share with us how u use it too? :)

Hmmm then I dunno if quick sand is good for me? My hair is fine, and even with SSS the volume increases a bit but ya the fine hair makes it v hard to style sometimes and sometimes a little oily.
For spray usually I hold it a bit of distance away and spray it above my waxed hair, let the droplets slowly drop and spread on my hair from the air? For parts I want more hold then I will spray it more direct at the spot but still at a distance. Not sure if this is correct or not...

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Okay GD is not for me. I still prefer Nigelle Bold make clay that JH brought in.

Tudo88

Reaction score
Okay GD is not for me. I still prefer Nigelle Bold make clay that JH brought in.

i like nigelle bold make clay as well.=p,the smell damm nice.hold is reasonably strong as well but coupled with pp spray,it should settle the job.

Tudo88

Reaction score
Got another qns,how do we use argan oil?

I saw on the label that it is to be mixed with your shampoo or conditioner?I thought that it should be applied onto your hair when you are about to blow dry it?Please enlighten me!

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hmmm then I dunno if quick sand is good for me? My hair is fine, and even with SSS the volume increases a bit but ya the fine hair makes it v hard to style sometimes and sometimes a little oily.
For spray usually I hold it a bit of distance away and spray it above my waxed hair, let the droplets slowly drop and spread on my hair from the air? For parts I want more hold then I will spray it more direct at the spot but still at a distance. Not sure if this is correct or not...

I might be wrong but i think people with fine hair will be able to style their hair even easier. Simply because it is easy to tame the hair as compared to coarse hair itself. The diameter of fine hair is smaller and hence, the weight will be lighter for fine hair too. With that said, i think QS will and should suit people with fine hair too. By right, SSS should be able to control the excess oils in the hair fairly well enough le. Perhaps, you can consider using QS to polish on a matte top coat to control the oily look on the hair.

Yeah that is correct. U can also pull up some parts of the hair to get better vision of it before spraying. By right, this should do well for you already, i believe. Alternatively, you can try claymation or GD if you want too. If you don't try, you won't know too. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.