The Hair Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daracus

Reaction score
I think you shld stick to your am crew fiber. Because gd not really suitable for what you're having. Super spike. But you can try. not sure if it will work. Or try uevo grey or even hanz de fuko quicksand.

Idk cos slikhaar they always say good for this kind of hair haha and their hair thinner than mine! LOL

Daracus

Reaction score
I got some problem opening up the link until i opened it on my phone. o_O

Anyway, just my 2cents worth of opinions bro! Your hair is definitely thick. If that amount of hair still not enough, i think those with thin hair will surely scold you behind your back. LOL

GD is not suitable for this hairstyle as your hairstyle is really those kind of anti-gravity defying. I think you should shave your sides and trim your side burn. The sides are really too thick, to be honest. U can also consider thinning your crown area and try out different hairstyles too. The crown is too thick too, i feel. Lastly, if you can add some color to your hair, i think you will be looking very good.

When i see your hairstyle, it will be better if you can reduce the shine for this. This kind goes better with matte finish. As honest as it is, i highly recommend you to try out EBL Head Color hair clay. :)

Yeah i know abt the sides haha cos now exams no time cut! Usually I shave a number 1! Haha and not thick as in the individual strands not thick, not whole head not thick, if you get what I mean!

Oh my crown there i leaving thick and letting it grow cos I wanna have a good 'canvas' for my next cut! Wanna get sth like this
http://postimg.org/image/ofbcnrmhf/

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yeah i know abt the sides haha cos now exams no time cut! Usually I shave a number 1! Haha and not thick as in the individual strands not thick, not whole head not thick, if you get what I mean!

Oh my crown there i leaving thick and letting it grow cos I wanna have a good 'canvas' for my next cut! Wanna get sth like this
View image: image

Haha no wonder bro. In that case, you are referring to the hair diameter right? Coarse and fine are used to describe hair diamter, whereas thick and thin refers to the proximity of hair. Your hair is thick but fine hair. Can't really see from picture that clearly but if you know then its good enough.

The pic hairstyle is nice and i understand where you're coming from. But it might be hard to achieve the style in the pic. Its more of having natural wavy hair and your hair might not grow in the desired way that you want it to be actually. I might be wrong but perming with loose and big curls might be able to achieve that style easier. :)

Last edited:

Daracus

Reaction score
Haha no wonder bro. In that case, you are referring to the hair diameter right? Coarse and fine are used to describe hair diamter, whereas thick and thin refers to the proximity of hair. Your hair is thick but fine hair. Can't really see from picture that clearly but if you know then its good enough.

The pic hairstyle is nice and i understand where you're coming from. But it might be hard to achieve the style in the pic. Its more of having natural wavy hair and your hair might not grow in the desired way that you want it to be actually. I might be wrong but perming with loose and big curls might be able to achieve that style easier. :)

Yes sir sorry for my noobness sir! Haha i'll try for that hairstyle i guess, anyway if i use round brush and some sort of volumising/thickening cream, should be able to get the curls right?

TheMediator

Reaction score

View image: image

For that style, i reckon you need fringe length of like at least touching the nose when pulled down straight? Your current hair still need at least 2-3 months of growing to reach that length. You could do the short version though.

&yes you will be able to achieve that kinda curls by blowing straight up @ your fringe and using the brush to brush it outwards against the direction of the wind.
But as jh stated, you could try out perming for better effects!

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
Yes sir sorry for my noobness sir! Haha i'll try for that hairstyle i guess, anyway if i use round brush and some sort of volumising/thickening cream, should be able to get the curls right?

Can. Definitely can. Go for this method if u like the choice of having straight hair some days. Else go perm

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The one you need is super long fringe and a good cut. Styling wise cfm need mousse or sea salt spray. gd and PowerPoint hair spray will do the job.

And I swear this isn't easy to style. Need a lot of work. Need skills also.

Last edited:

Daracus

Reaction score
The one you need is super long fringe and a good cut. Styling wise cfm need mousse or sea salt spray. gd and PowerPoint hair spray will do the job.

And I swear this isn't easy to style. Need a lot of work. Need skills also.

K shall be my goal after exams! Heh got 6mths after exam till enlist so should be can! Will take pic for you guys if I succeed HAHA

hoesoverbros

Reaction score
GD good for spiked up?

Personally i would say hdf quicksand is a good product for spiked up hair, had seen friend using it for spiky hairstyle. Never use GD before but it's certainly a good product though if not why the rave?:D

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
Personally i would say hdf quicksand is a good product for spiked up hair, had seen friend using it for spiky hairstyle. Never use GD before but it's certainly a good product though if not why the rave?:D
Really? Tbh I also feel that qs is hard to spike with, cocktailled or not. Recall that I suggested that qs gets its hold from friction? If spiking up the hairs aren't allowed to rest on each other, so no friction to generate the hold!

Or maybe my hair is too sparse and too long =(

hoesoverbros

Reaction score
Really? Tbh I also feel that qs is hard to spike with, cocktailled or not. Recall that I suggested that qs gets its hold from friction? If spiking up the hairs aren't allowed to rest on each other, so no friction to generate the hold!

Or maybe my hair is too sparse and too long =(

haha! QS if your hair too long not good to spike. If your hair length is short, QS is easy to create those out of bed spiky style:D Apparently, alot of nsf like it cause my fren intro their camp people and wow the response is damn good! Need partner with SAF liao.. prepare those nsf for those ccc (civilian conversion course):s13:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.