The Hair Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think the EBL clay can be alternative for people who don't like GD..

I kinda agree with this. GD might be too heavy to work well for some people's hair. But personally, GD works good for me though. Different properties from EBL as EBL is considered lightweight and able to create a much tousled texture than GD since the weight aspect is not being compromised. GD adds more weight so if you want a neater hairstyle, GD can do it better. :)

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wah steady super cheap! Haha sian ah I think I'm buying too much hair wax. 20+ and counting now! LOL

LOL u are a true fan of gatsby leh bro. All different colours oso have but i think somehow, you will start to dump them away slowly one by one.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
PP spray quite heavy on my hair. The left side will always drop down in about 30mins afterwards. Maybe I spray wrongly?

PP spray is already very lightweight bro! If i never remb wrongly, you are wearing a sort of slickback hairstyle. Also, your hair is very straight and soft and coupled with GD's weight, its actually very hard to hold the sides without touching up at all, even with PP. PP only can helps to aid it to work better but not miraculously. Either you use a gel gum which hardens to fix it there even more steadily or use an even stronger hairspray and really spam on your sides to freeze it there. When it freezes up, then it wont flop. Last resort is to do something to change your hair structure (e.g. perming).

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
IMO, I tried Gold Digger and I don't really like the texture of it when applied to my hair, feels 'oily' prefer 90 degree X strong wax and finish off with PP spray

GD comes with soft texture and to some extent, some might feel that its oily but i personally dont feel so. Perhaps for you, dry styling products tend to work better. Afterall, there isn't a single product out there that can works well for everyone. And bro! Do let me know how your purchase of EBL hair clay goes for you too! :D

Andy0601a

Master Member
Reaction score
Follow up review! Since u had it for awhile now

alright here goes, my follow review on the goldwell roughman 4.

Washing off the goldwell roughman is, really easy, even with just water(I usually rinse through with water before I start working on the lather with my shampoo).

I have the habit of brushing through my quiff with my hands to touch up every now and then(the annoying big fans pointing at me during lunch break :s13:) sometimes as you do that, the hold between your hair tend to loosen and slowly the styling product hold will fade, not so much with roughman I can brush through the hair the entire day.

Well all styling product's hold will be affected one way or another depending on the lifestyle of the user, for example staying around controlled air conditioned areas all the time, exposed to weather condition, humidity, perspiration etc etc.

Pre-Styling prepping is very important too on top of a good styling product, blow drying, which direction to blow etc.

How to apply the wax, portion, the roughman for me if I apply too little strands will start coming out of my quiff every now and then which is very irritating(my hair is thick and pretty long when I let it down) but nothing cannot be solve with a quick brush with my hand, if I apply too much no worries either cause I can brush at it(with my hands *again) and it it will slowly settle down without the greasy build up feeling that you get when you apply too much wax.

Overall, pretty satisfied.

p.s for my hairdo I only blow dry and apply the styling paste, no sprays(although I might want to start trying sprays)

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have oily scalp and I shampoo only once a day. Instead of conditioner I use a boar bristle brush to spread the sebum on the scalp through out the hair. Works like a charm.

Yeah actually even with oily scalp, shampooing once a day is actually pretty alright alr. Shampooing too much will not help actually.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hey does gold digger wax make your hair hard and stiff?? dont like it when it does that.

And is sea salt spray good for volumizing? havent tried it before

GD definitely does not make ur hair hard and stiff. Unlike some styling products that hardens after application, GD does not. Might be good or bad for some, depending on one's preferences.

SSS is definitely good for volumizing. Irregardless of whether are you having thick or thin hair, volumizing is definitely something essential for everyone. Just spray a few times onto damp hair and blow dry it, thats about it. Instant volume should and will be created instantly for you. There are also a few other bonuses that come alongside with it such as able to absorb the excess oils in the hair as it works in such a way that it dries out your hair (not in a damaging manner). Some customers did feedbacked saying that OS works better than Toni and Guy SSS, KMS SSS as well as Marc Anthony SSS too. :)

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Lai Lai, quiff hair using SSS and GD!

IMG_2326_zpsdb9693f1.jpg

Looking damn good, bro! SSS MAKES YOUR HAIR PONG PONG! :D

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any shampoo to recommend for dyed/bleached hair??

More imptly, its not the shampoo that does the trick here. Conditioner or hair mask should be the focus as they are doing the nourishing, conditioning to the cortex layer and not just the cuticle layer. Shampoo mainly cleanses the hair by removing the impurities and excess oils from the hair. But because your hair is already very dry, try to get moisturizing shampoo.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Btw, just wondering, but does hair wax / sea salt spray and styling products in general become moist during rainy season?

The weather has been rainy and cool recently and I noticed my hair looks different (aka a bit wet-wet look).

By right, it shouldn't be bro! Perhaps you observe a bit more and let us know. Coz for me, there isnt really much of a difference actually.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my os sea salt spray from yandao leejhong finishing soon. any other brands of sea salt spray to intro? need some mousse for certain occasions as well. am considering Schwarzkopf OSiS Hold Miracle Ultra Strong Cream Mousse.

Xeonboy bro was also asking me the same question. U can try out Eco SSS which comes with softer hold and less dryness. Its more capable in creating tousled and casual look as compared to OS, due to the aspect that dryness is not as high for Eco. So it looks more natural. On a side note, i will be testing out some mousse in the next month and perhaps by then, i will be able to share some mousse products that perhaps some bros are looking for!

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually can enlighten me again on the difference between mousse and SSS? :s11:

SSS is liquid-based product which doesnt behave like mist so it doesnt evaporate that easily. With that said, you have to blow dry it to create the instant volume and one might experience the dryness in the hair while volume is being created. Holding factor is good and its pretty washable in most cases.

On the other hand for mousse, its usually more creamy. Either in cream or foam alike state. Doesn't really dry out your hair as compared to SSS and tends to make your hair softer too. Usually applied onto damp hair too but holding factor is weaker than SSS in most cases. If i am not wrong, there can be aerosol based mousse or tub based mousse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.