The Hair Thread - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiteFox

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I got GD, QS and CM. Trying to see which one suits me best. GD so far ok, just that it dries very fast on the hand so when I apply, I always have some strands on my hair.

QS can restyle?

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Tried quicksand today. Easier to apply than GD but holding power lesser. Tomorrow try with PP and see how :s34:

QS is drier than GD leh. Personally, i feel that QS works best when you used in conjunction with another kind of styling product. Basically, QS just gives you a matte polish as top coat. It isnt really meant to hold your hair well as the one and main independent styling product. U should try cocktail-ing with another product to achieve better results IMO. :)

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bro, u can try fudge matt extra. Easy to apply and holding very strong too.

IMO, his hairstyle isn't suitable to use fudge matte hed. He is wearing a sort of slick back hairstyle. To be honest, there are tons of products out there that are easy to apply and strong holding power so the main determinant is actually dependent on the hairstyle for one before we should make recommendations. :)

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I got GD, QS and CM. Trying to see which one suits me best. GD so far ok, just that it dries very fast on the hand so when I apply, I always have some strands on my hair.

QS can restyle?

GD will be likely to yank off some strands of the hair but its not a lot, to be honest. I believe u can restyle with QS. It basically just gives you an extra layer of matte polish, thats all. In terms of holding power, i feel that its actually quite weak as the fundamental purpose isn't on holding the hairstyle.

WhiteFox

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
QS is drier than GD leh. Personally, i feel that QS works best when you used in conjunction with another kind of styling product. Basically, QS just gives you a matte polish as top coat. It isnt really meant to hold your hair well as the one and main independent styling product. U should try cocktail-ing with another product to achieve better results IMO. :)

True, QS drier that GD but quite easier to apply. Maybe I try GD and QS tgt and see the results.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Haha method of using. I nv yank any hair anymore. When using GD. Haha heat it up a little when spreading in your palms. And the 1 shampoo a day rules rocks. Haha. Hair smoother. Haha use gd/sf no problem.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
True, QS drier that GD but quite easier to apply. Maybe I try GD and QS tgt and see the results.
I swear that this is the best combo. Trust me. Tested and proven by me.

First one to do it here also.

QS not good for us because our hair different. Ang moh hair softer. Basically what **** they put a lot strong hold. Lol

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Haha method of using. I nv yank any hair anymore. When using GD. Haha heat it up a little when spreading in your palms. And the 1 shampoo a day rules rocks. Haha. Hair smoother. Haha use gd/sf no problem.

Told you so, bro! Sometimes, we just got to change what we usually do and it will turn out pretty well actually. :)

WhiteFox

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Heat up using the hair dryer before applying uh? And 1 day shampoo 1x? :eek:

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Heat up using the hair dryer before applying uh? And 1 day shampoo 1x? :eek:

Rub onto your palms and generate heat before applying. Clay or clay-alike products work best in this way. Rub till u feel a slight burning sensation then apply onto your hair. The styling product will go onto the hair just nice and sweet. And yes, shampoo once per day. It might be a bit weird in the beginning but if you can get out of the comfort zone, you might be in for a big surprise actually. :)

WhiteFox

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
means you shampoo later to remove the wax? the shower before applying dun use shampoo?

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
means you shampoo later to remove the wax? the shower before applying dun use shampoo?

Yeah always use shampoo to remove the styling products. Although some products are very washable, make it a habit to wash off with shampoo. Because the shampoo's basic role is to cleanse and remove these impurities from the hair. U can perhaps start with just taking a shower in the day (without shampoo-ing) then shampoo at night to wash off the styling products. In this way, the natural and essential oils wont be stripped off by the shampoo-ing. This doesnt make your hair oily even if your hair is oily type. The key is to control and not to remove every bit of it. Do it in moderation and you will be doing the right thing, in terms of physically and financially.

If some products are hard to remove, you can always use conditioner to remove them with much ease. But if you are using decent styling products and a good shampoo, you wont need more than one wash per day. If you find yourself requiring more than one wash to get rid of the styling products, something had went wrong somewhere and somehow. :)

netzach

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
95879A4D-F203-42E0-9C72-3441928A3D99-8696-00000B90667B0484_zpsbce9869f.jpg

Standby Kent comb and brush. Missing in picture is the Kent Cashmere clothes brush.

That one help me by saving a lot of drycleaning money. A must if you wear jackets and wool pants.

good, solid stuffs there my man Petiac. i'm intending to get Kent combs too. :s13:

my Kent KFM1,2,3,4
KFM4 is the tiny foldable ****, good enough to comb sideburns only probably. knn. :s22::s22:
9sx79k.jpg

Last edited:

netzach

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No combs yet. only brushes.
so gonna hoot this **** from eBay,
fuggin' http://www.feelunique.com/ not shipping Kent shits to SG anymore. :s22::s22::s22:

Kent Large Folding Comb in Case - A82T

Kent_Folding_Comb_in_Case___82T_1369067112.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.