The Hair Thread - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Guys and Gurus, I have been never bother of hair styles I had for years, going to barber or those 10$ xpress cuts. I tell them high slope and just cut short..

Thinking of a change next year especially coming CNY..

I had thin hair and baldness symptoms on my top side.

Thinking of caesar but I would need to keep tidying up which might not the best solution for the line of work I'm in and also my hair will be curly if it's too long.

Another one might be clean cut buzz based on this website HERE

Anybody could give opinion on which xxxxx cut should i considered and what hair products?
I dun mind going to affordable hair salon which you guys think they have a very good variative knowledge on hair styling.. Hopefully not those 100$ cut :s13::s13:

Thank you for any reply given, but if it was wrong thread, please let me know :)

if i do experience baldness on the top, to be perfectly honest, i will shave. if not, just keep it short. no need use hair product.
or maybe something like a sea salt spray to make it look slightly more textured and fuller look

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ebl taste (good lift, makes hair fluffy, slightly harder to wash off than vantachi, 18.9), vantachi clay (tube clay, easy to wash off, strong hold as ebl too, slightly stickier on hands during application, 15.9) or vifa molding clay (strong hold, soft clay, slight shine, high level of pliability washable, 18.9) are good options to look at if you are looking at decent yet affordable products.

Rating their holding powers. I would rate vantachi, ebl taste then vifa molding clay. Because both vantachi and ebl taste are lightweight, it helps to better the aspect of hold. Vifa comes w slight shine which contributes to higher level of moisture. With moisture, it adds weight to it. Hope it helps!

Thanks for the explanation. How about volume creation (if there is any)?

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hey guys, my friend bought 1 extra kanebo shampoo unopened sealed, he going overseas but lazy bring it over. so want to sell off.
those interested just contact me 96927419 or PM me.
$28

Last edited:

sogatda

Reaction score
actually is sidekick a type of sea salt spray?? i used it the same way with sss but i am having trouble getting the volume most of the time. is it because of the shine (which add moisture and weight, according to tpj) . The texture created is gd though.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the explanation. How about volume creation (if there is any)?

Main styling products (ie wax or clay) is usually not responsible for creating volume. It is more for creating body and texture. However, i do realize that ebl taste clay is capable of creating fluffy hair which is caused by greater hair lift. This is actually quite amazing for a hairclay to do this and i must say that this is one of ebl taste clay's biggest selling point. :)

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hey guys, my friend bought 1 extra kanebo shampoo unopened sealed, he going overseas but lazy bring it over. so want to sell off.
those interested just contact me 96927419 or PM me.
$28

Kanebo shampoo is currently out of stock too. For people who are unable to get the kanebo shampoo @ $28 from gx, new stocks will be arriving in 1-2weeks time and orders will still continue to be accepted @ our TPJ site - http://theprettyjerk.com! :)

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
actually is sidekick a type of sea salt spray?? i used it the same way with sss but i am having trouble getting the volume most of the time. is it because of the shine (which add moisture and weight, according to tpj) . The texture created is gd though.

I might be wrong too since i didnt use sidekick before. However, yeah technically speaking, there will be tradeoffs between weight and heat protection. With the heat protection benefit, there will inevitably be higher level of moisture in the hair and this naturally weigh the hair down. Hence, i couldnt really comprehend how can such help to create volume. At least for asians, i dont see it happening as asian hair are naturally straighter and heavier. Just my 2cents. :)

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I might be wrong too since i didnt use sidekick before. However, yeah technically speaking, there will be tradeoffs between weight and heat protection. With the heat protection benefit, there will inevitably be higher level of moisture in the hair and this naturally weigh the hair down. Hence, i couldnt really comprehend how can such help to create volume. At least for asians, i dont see it happening as asian hair are naturally straighter and heavier. Just my 2cents. :)

Maybe the heat protection is not based on the level of moisture?

sogatda

Reaction score
Sidekick can't create decent volume at all on dry hair, seems to work only on damp hair and blowdryin after that. i tried many times, after awhile the hair will just go limp and fall back down. but i prefer the finishing and texture of sidekick, why mus there b tradeoffs zzz

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sidekick can't create decent volume at all on dry hair, seems to work only on damp hair and blowdryin after that. i tried many times, after awhile the hair will just go limp and fall back down. but i prefer the finishing and texture of sidekick, why mus there b tradeoffs zzz

Then just wet your hair first lo? Very ma fan meh? Haha. Eventually you still have to blow dry what. Anyway, I will only style hair after I wash my hair. Because after some time, hair will be slightly oily and the styling will be a problem.

nexusRAGER

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is bodyshop ginger shampoo mean't to be used everyday ? or every 2 days type of shampoo ?

whatme

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Then just wet your hair first lo? Very ma fan meh? Haha. Eventually you still have to blow dry what. Anyway, I will only style hair after I wash my hair. Because after some time, hair will be slightly oily and the styling will be a problem.

Same thoughts. I definitely prefer to wash my hair before styling.

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
Is bodyshop ginger shampoo mean't to be used everyday ? or every 2 days type of shampoo ?

dunno is daily or what, lazy to check. you can jus see the instructions on the thing wad...

however having been thru a few bottles of bodyshop shampoos before, i would like to emphasize that it is imperative that you use a conditioner after using the bodyshop shampoos. these higher end shampoos are designed to work with conditioners, and if you dont, your hair will become very wiry and generally gross.

qweiop

Reaction score
1. are we supposed to use sea salt spray on moist hair or blow dry the hair first and then apply sea salt spray and blow dry again?

2. After blow drying, is there supposed to have a gooey feeling in the hair or its supposed to be fully dried up.

Thanks.

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
1. are we supposed to use sea salt spray on moist hair or blow dry the hair first and then apply sea salt spray and blow dry again?

2. After blow drying, is there supposed to have a gooey feeling in the hair or its supposed to be fully dried up.

Thanks.

1. Just do what works for you. For me they don't work if my hair is damp. I must dry my hair almost completely first, at least air dried level. Even salons do that for me too.

2. Yea most I've used leave a residue that you can feel. Only a select few higher quality ones don't leave a sticky and/or oily residue.

Nice username btw... That was one of my first passwords back in the day lol

Last edited:

netzach

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nice username btw... That was one of my first passwords back in the day lol

hG9OBVw.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.