Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Daily essential
c49d51c4-0b0c-40a6-af58-099ebd4df856701319415.jpg

Sent from my heart~~~ using GAGT

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You have a very valid point.. Never thought of it that way before. You're speaking from personal exp? Haha

I do retail sales before. Last time boss always will say why never shave, why never style hair properly and etc. So yeah, can say from experience. :s13:

philipsony

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys been long since I came to this thread
Due to ns no hair play

Long story short, is there any wax or clay to recommend?
I seeking for a wet look, however I am not interested in gel

I saw many recommend promade ?? Does that one give a wet look?

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Due to ns no hair play

Pomade is more of a shine look.

If you refer wet as shine look, then yes.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Due to ns no hair play

Wet look is wet leh. Lol. Try Silver Fox. It's wax based with a shiny finish. Lol. Natural add on shine.

Pomade depends. If you have short hair. I don't recommend. It must be at a certain length before pomade can work well.

liveevil

Reaction score
Anyone can recommend me a clay/wax for a dry matte look? I was previously using Sebastian crude clay. But since the product is long discontinued and I'm finishing the last bit of my stock up, I need to get a close replacement.

philipsony

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

ord 6mth ago, now hair got some length liao

Wet look is wet leh. Lol. Try Silver Fox. It's wax based with a shiny finish. Lol. Natural add on shine.

Pomade depends. If you have short hair. I don't recommend. It must be at a certain length before pomade can work well.

may i know which model under pomade ? or all are shiny finish?

Pomade is more of a shine look.

If you refer wet as shine look, then yes.

ah yes i am looking for shine look and can be bomb , i dont want gel

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I would say pomade won't work well unless you have a long fringe.
You want to achieve comb back with not so long hair with Shine. Try by vilain Silver Fox

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone can recommend me a clay/wax for a dry matte look? I was previously using Sebastian crude clay. But since the product is long discontinued and I'm finishing the last bit of my stock up, I need to get a close replacement.

Ahh my favorite.

The closest to it will be dynamite clay by vilain. The feel of it is exactly the same.

sogatda

Reaction score
just take note that if your hair roots are nt strong, by vilain waxes tend to yank a few strands of hair out if u do major adjustment later after applying it (like after strong wind blow it out of shape), due to its extreme strength.

initial application is ok as it haven 'set' yet. silver fox so far for me is still the best of the 3, im really diggin the smell, med shine and extreme hold. dynamite clay not so strong but easier rubbing it in and getting volume. cocktail both for best result, just abit of dc + normal amt of SF

Last edited:

dappergentleman

Reaction score

If youre looking for the classic gentleman combback/pompadour/side part that is trending now, with a very clean look, you'll need a pomade instead of a wax. Thats a dedicated product meant for that look. Those are products that you can use a comb with to achieve that dapper combback look. Most pomades wil have shine, however matte they claim to be.. The only exception would probably be blind barber 90 proof pomade.

Gold digger and silver fox are waxes, the first being matte and the second having some degree of shine. If you're looking to use a comb for a comb back look, a wax would have texture and it won't be as easy to comb as compared to a pomade.

And pomades are gels that dont harden so quickly(so you can style it however way you want to), but still have that holding power to last the day.

If your hair is short, use a heavy or firm hold to keep the short hairs down. A light or med hold won't cut it for your short hairs, or even the humid weather in sg. A heavy or firm hold is the way to go. We have quite a few firm hold pomades that would suit your needs.

You can check the different pomades out in the IG in my signature. We have 19 different brands of pomades for your desired look, and a couple of wax brands like by vilain, hanz de fuko, and hairbond(UK).

Happy ord anw!

dappergentleman

Reaction score

Can consider by vilain gold digger,
Hanz de fuko claymation, or hairbond moulder.

All matte products with a nice strong hold.

Cheapest would probably be by vilain gold digger, only mailed for a mere 24. Hdf cm is 28, priced the same as hairbond moulder.

Or you can just check out the review videos on youtube to see what you need.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can consider by vilain gold digger,
Hanz de fuko claymation, or hairbond moulder.

All matte products with a nice strong hold.

Cheapest would probably be by vilain gold digger, only mailed for a mere 24. Hdf cm is 28, priced the same as hairbond moulder.

Or you can just check out the review videos on youtube to see what you need.

Lol. Every single post you post is all about advertising. Maybe we should ask the mod to change to a non advertising thread. Haha
Chill on the advertising la. Hahaha

Btw hair bond moulder is weak. Claymation 2nd weak and oily. Gold Digger not even close to the texture and finish dynamite clay can give if compare with xtah clay.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just take note that if your hair roots are nt strong, by vilain waxes tend to yank a few strands of hair out if u do major adjustment later after applying it (like after strong wind blow it out of shape), due to its extreme strength.

initial application is ok as it haven 'set' yet. silver fox so far for me is still the best of the 3, im really diggin the smell, med shine and extreme hold. dynamite clay not so strong but easier rubbing it in and getting volume. cocktail both for best result, just abit of dc + normal amt of SF

Maybe during application might yank out but major adjustment no issue leh. Because the wax Shld have alr set into your hair alr.

liveevil

Reaction score
thanks everyone for your suggestions. I will start to google those wax/clay mentioned.

dappergentleman

Reaction score
Lol. Every single post you post is all about advertising. Maybe we should ask the mod to change to a non advertising thread. Haha
Chill on the advertising la. Hahaha

Btw hair bond moulder is weak. Claymation 2nd weak and oily. Gold Digger not even close to the texture and finish dynamite clay can give if compare with xtah clay.

Yeah what... By vilain the best cos you sell it, everything else i sell sucks.. My pomades all suck too... Hahahaha:s13::s13::s13:

Last edited:

whatme

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yeah what... By vilain the best cos you sell it, everything else i sell sucks.. My pomades all suck too... Hahahaha:s13::s13::s13:

But claymation really have weak hold and it make my hair look quite oily...

Hmm... Nevermind.. Don't want to get scolded by you for "dumb troll" :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.