The Hair Thread - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yea bro.... Haven't seen your face before, but liddat alr beng enuf liao. I also when shave #1 will look like gangster lololol

Shave behind a bit can la.... Not too high. Maybe go in 2 inch

So do you wanna meet me? :o

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
Lol quite funny. U are considering to shave off your back. And I'm considering the exact opposite. Thinking of leaving/growing out a mullet

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Lol quite funny. U are considering to shave off your back. And I'm considering the exact opposite. Thinking of leaving/growing out a mullet

Because I got alittle wavy hair that's why my bad will look very fuk up thus I wanna shave off.

whatme

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thinking not to style up anymore.. Maybe a short fringe and sweep to the side.. Kekeke

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thinking not to style up anymore.. Maybe a short fringe and sweep to the side.. Kekeke

Wah I feel you. Back then when I was with short hair, it took me just 2 or 3mins to style. Now, :spin:

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Does anyone knows what's the purpose of those hair essence?
I bought one bottle $138 from the salon days ago cos the hairdresser says my scalp is kind of thinning out.

Is it to reduce hair loss + improve hair growth rate?

Tks!

I believe it got to do with thickening the hair and increasing hair growth rate. If i am not wrong, your is something like hair tonic which comes in small bottles and the price is exorbitantly high. These kind of specialized products are generally expensive though. Purpose should be the same as hair ampoule whereby both will actually increase the hair growth rate, make the hair stronger and thicker by declogging the hair pores which might be clogged. Especially so if your scalp is oily which will block the growth of healthy and new hair. Hair ampoule on the other hand is used in few drops and massaged onto the scalp for a good 3-5mins' time. Salons might overcharge but that is how they earn and what you get is the provision personalized recommendations to you though.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
lol. just tested the serum. not bad. but hair abit oily i think cause of the serum. or my hair getting used to it.

Yes hair serum are generally oily. Effects will not be direct and visible but it doesn't mean that it don't work. Key to using hair serum is consistency. Dont have to use it daily. Dont have to use it a lot, as too much will backfire. Fudge gloss is slightly hard to get off the hands. Just use it moderately and consistently. :)

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Because if I use SF and rake through, my top won't be as high. Leaving the fringe last enables me to make the pomp higher.

I'm also considering in shaving the back off. The behind start to pomp out because its thick already.

This is also why it is often recommended to start off with the back or at least, the crown when you style. If you don't usually style the back, then omit the back. Anyways, reason is simple because the amount of styling product that you start off will be the most and when you style the back and crown, it will tend to hold better and matches the weight of the styling product. These are also the areas with the highest proximity of hair as compared to the fringe, which are more capable enough to be held by the styling products used. The body and texture of the hair will then be brought out successfully.

Similarly, if you start off with the fringe first, it will become heavy. Never use too much styling product on the fringe as the weight will be apparent on the fringe. At least for me, my hair at the fringe isn't thick so typically, that's the last area that i will style. To be honest, all you need is just a bit of styling product for the fringe to craft the texture. Most importantly, its continuation to the next product - finishing spray to hold and fix your fringe there in place.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just received my Vantachi Hair Clay 2 days ago! Forget to mention! :D

It gives off a matt look, even i got greedy and try to use more! Oh ya! The smell of the clay is really awesome for those scent-freak! I find that its "honeydew flavour" hahaha

Most importantly the hold is really good for my hair, even though my hair is heavy by nature.

This clay also doesn't cost much sia! What's more i could ask!! :s13:

Thanks for your kind review! Yes, vantachi clay is relatively cheap and the quality is good. I myself am using this nowadays too. As a note, i observed that it goes pretty well with GD which tends to act more of a sculpting product. Vantachi can be rather sticky which makes application harder but when complemented with GD, the effects are pretty amazing, i would say.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone knows a good place for scalp treatment?

If you're looking for places for scalp treatment, first answer that comes to my mind will be salons. Logic is the same as haircut. Almost all decent salons provide scalp treatment but the prices are varying. Unlike haircut, this depends more on the products used. So if you are going for treatment, go for the average tier one IMO. The higher end tend to overcharge as this is specialty treatment (their perfect opportunity to jack up the price). Lower ends tend to substitute with mediocre products to make the price appealing to consumers. Hence, the safest choice will be to go for mid tier salons. U should check out female forums for better reviews and recommendations as its more sought after by females.

Alternatively, DIY at home. This is the most price conscious and value for money method i would say.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bro. I only out of good will then say this hor. No offence intended. Ur alr look pretty beng in ur previous photo..... So..... I seriously suggest u reconsider ur rashness.

U see the guy in the vid. His face so guai alr can look beng with that hairstyle...

Just smth to share la.. Dun heed nvm. But come back, shave or dun shave, MUST GPGT hor! Rule #1!! Hahaha

With a face like mine, its very hard to look beng. Plus the fact I'm short + bui until my belly blocking my view towards bird bird, I doubt I'll look beng with it.

I agree with death bro.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Nice bro. One hairstyle very sian. One haircut doesn't equate to one hairstyle. We should all embrace changes by changing hairstyles now and then. And this doesn't mean we have to change haircut in any way, so why not?

bangkibong

Reaction score
Thanks for your kind review! Yes, vantachi clay is relatively cheap and the quality is good. I myself am using this nowadays too. As a note, i observed that it goes pretty well with GD which tends to act more of a sculpting product. Vantachi can be rather sticky which makes application harder but when complemented with GD, the effects are pretty amazing, i would say.

Is Vantachi sticky like glue? How is the strength? Need replacement for Joico ICE. I usually use Joice for days when my hair is being stubborn. Joice is sticky like glue so it can always handle stubborn hair :D. You think Vantachi is suitable for my needs?

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
Is Vantachi sticky like glue? How is the strength? Need replacement for Joico ICE. I usually use Joice for days when my hair is being stubborn. Joice is sticky like glue so it can always handle stubborn hair :D. You think Vantachi is suitable for my needs?
No. Imba. Definitely.

Hehe

If u liked joico. U will like vantachi. U can search for the stuff I said before xD

bangkibong

Reaction score
No. Imba. Definitely.

Hehe

If u liked joico. U will like vantachi. U can search for the stuff I said before xD

I see. Just read some replies on Vantachi and looks like I will be getting it soon. Combine well with GD too which is a bonus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.