The Hair Thread - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
I'm not trying to have a different look, but I find that often, the $10 haircuts don't cut that well and I'm worried it might show in the photos. So I'm hoping a more "professional" hairstylist would do a better job.

Ahh OK... Then perhaps u wanna try shunji matsuo that kind? They did a great job of figuring out my old hairstyle. Like I didn't have to say much the guy alr know. Around 50 bucks.

bigblackqueh

Reaction score
Hi guys, Need some help here.. So i wanna style a slickback undercut similar to the picture but I'm not sure what products will be suitable. Have used some eratic molding clay/layrite pomade and some hair spray but the end product is heavy and so shiny it just looks oily and messy. Is there a product or combination of product which can give strong hold, volume(not like piak on the head like gel heavy) and no/minimum shine? thanks, much appreciated! :s22:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-F41zCTD_PzQ/UuC7bjy9qoI/AAAAAAAAAFA/zLMPdOSskDE/s1600/slick+back.jpg

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm not trying to have a different look, but I find that often, the $10 haircuts don't cut that well and I'm worried it might show in the photos. So I'm hoping a more "professional" hairstylist would do a better job.

I think haircut is just part of it. You also need to be able to style back the similar hairstyle created by the hairstylist on the day for your pre-wedding shoots.

Otherwise, it defeats the purpose right?

Ahh OK... Then perhaps u wanna try shunji matsuo that kind? They did a great job of figuring out my old hairstyle. Like I didn't have to say much the guy alr know. Around 50 bucks.

Do you mean at the first haircut because bro fatfleaz will be a first timer there?

Last edited:

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
Do you mean at the first haircut because bro fatfleaz will be a first timer there?

Mhmm. So far they seem like the only salon that could tell what my old hair was from the get go. Normally koba that type need to spend like 5min explaining.

Bro fatfleaz sound like need to first time wack good good liao rather than go back 2 3 times for them to get used to his hair

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Mhmm. So far they seem like the only salon that could tell what my old hair was from the get go. Normally koba that type need to spend like 5min explaining.

Bro fatfleaz sound like need to first time wack good good liao rather than go back 2 3 times for them to get used to his hair

I also not sure if bro fatfleaz got the time to go back 2 to 3 times before his pre-wedding shoots.

Alternatively, is to cut and style on the day of his pre-wedding shoots.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For years, I have been getting $10 haircuts and keeping a very simple hairstyle. But I'm going to have my pre-wedding photos soon so I want to get some professional help with my hair.

Can anyone recommend a hair stylist in Northern or Central Singapore? My budget is preferably not more than $100.

If you cannot afford to go wrong and considering ur budget is actually quite high, u can look at more reputable salons such as salon vim and clover fep. They offer different tiers of stylists according to your budget level too. I would even bring my wife to be, to the same salon to get our hairdo done up together. Getting such wedding preparation done as one can be meaningful right? Plus, usually, girls taste wun go too wrong, i feel, to add to your assurance if need be.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, Need some help here.. So i wanna style a slickback undercut similar to the picture but I'm not sure what products will be suitable. Have used some eratic molding clay/layrite pomade and some hair spray but the end product is heavy and so shiny it just looks oily and messy. Is there a product or combination of product which can give strong hold, volume(not like piak on the head like gel heavy) and no/minimum shine? thanks, much appreciated! :s22:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-F41zCTD_PzQ/UuC7bjy9qoI/AAAAAAAAAFA/zLMPdOSskDE/s1600/slick+back.jpg

Go for products with slight shine. Joico is matte. Layrite pomade is high shine. Go for the one which is the middle. With slight shine, it can complement and bring out the intended effects of slick back with the contrast. Too matte si not make this look good.

U can consider vifa molding clay which comes w slight shine and good holding power. A plus point will be the smell too. Many have commented that it smells good. Just an option that you can look at. Hope it helps! :)

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
If you cannot afford to go wrong and considering ur budget is actually quite high, u can look at more reputable salons such as salon vim and clover fep. They offer different tiers of stylists according to your budget level too. I would even bring my wife to be, to the same salon to get our hairdo done up together. Getting such wedding preparation done as one can be meaningful right? Plus, usually, girls taste wun go too wrong, i feel, to add to your assurance if need be.
Wah wah wah cannot call jerk liao. Change name liao

iV3RsOn

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Wedding bells ding dong ding dong calling u???

FrogGreen

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This is the very best cleansing shampoo I've used so far.
Clear/strips oil & absolutely any & every damn shiat that you apply/use on your hair. Shiok minty feeling on the scalp a bonus too.

Take care not to use it too often though, I would suggest rotating/alternating this shampoo with another moisturising shampoo/conditioner as the shampoo really dries out the hair.

:o:o

shampun-na-osnove-jekstrakta-chajnogo-dereva---paul-mitchell-tea-tree-special-shampoo-34053-20130726060450.jpg

where can i get it bro?

strezzor

Reaction score
Are there any salons that use special hair relaxer meant for sensitive scalp for perms? Went to perm once and six months later, my hairstylist (from a diff salon than the one I permed my hair at) said my scalp had red patches and that I seemed to have thinner hair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.