The Hair Thread - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bro, does sidekick weigh the hair down? I have OS SSS now and I realised that it actually weighs my hair down more than when I don't use it. Gives you an idea of how limp and lifeless my hair is

Apply onto damp hair and blowdry. It is actually quite impossible that it weighs the hair down after blowdrying as the liquid particles would have evaporated due to the heat. Then volume will be instantly created. Continue to try it out bro! If u still face problems w os sss, u can text me at 9111 2303 too. :)

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am in my mid-20s, hair is already starting to thin out. Would love to rock a pomp, but alas that is no longer possible. So I am thinking of going with a shorter cut, more specifically a caesar cut (eg: https://www.google.com.sg/search?q=...0CAgQ_AUoAQ&biw=1137&bih=714&dpr=0.9#imgdii=_)

The problem is, I can't seem to control my hair when it's that short. It tends to want to stick out (like a durian lol). I tried applying wax or mousse onto it, but it just ends up weighting down the hair too much making it look flat and limpy.

Any suggestions?

When you have thinning hair, it is good to avoid shine products. Mousse is one of them, assuming that the mousse product gives shine (most will). The foamy/creamy texture will give the hair moisture then u will have to blowdry. Acting as a volumizing agent, it helps to create volume too. But IMO it is not recommended if u have thinning hair. I am doubtful that os sss will help u too, if u have that short hair.

This is what i would do if its me. Find a decent hairstylist and get the right hair shape out for ur face. For the hair sticking out part, i doubt styling products can help u much. This problem is not u alone. A lot of ppl face it, so a good haircut with regular trimming should help more. Then given the short hair length and caesar cut, products w medium hold will suffice. Most imptly will be matte and washability. Go for something that is easy to wash off. Or u can even consider going straight for finishing spray as the main. Hope it helps. :)

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any product to intro that is similar to Quicksand in terms of its high hold and dry matte finish? I don't like the smell of Quicksand :(

Try OS SSS. Also a pre styling product. It bunches up the hair very well enough and aid subsequent styling. It is dry too but it helps to absorb excess oils in the hair. Especially useful in sg humid climate. Most imptly, the smell is pleasant.

Personally, i dun think quicksand comes w high hold. It is only making ur hair dry, like applying sand onto my hair, and nothing more. Disappointed with it after using. Same as gx, i dun like HDF. Perhaps i am biased but after using one of its products, i am not motivated to try out any of the others anymore.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
as requested, short quiff or whatever you call it. my hair length is barely touching eyebrows.
today anyhow do, late for work.
just sidekick and dynamite clay.

IMG_20141215_095504_zps5cf3adf1.jpg

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Why would GD be too strong? Haha it should go very well with permed hair. Used GD on my permed hair previously and it works good man.
cause he say fine hair ma.
actually got difference.

Fine hair definition = side little hair/thin hair or hair strands is thin by itself but you have alot of hair?

got difference one.
Mine is thin strands but alot. lol and i felt that my hair structure change a little because that time kena dengue, then the body system reset, drop alot of hair already, regrowth new set.
but not ang moh still :(

bbqbeans

Reaction score
I have a tube of Vantachi Hair clay for sale . I only used abt 1/4 of it and there's abt 3/4 of it left . Looking to let go at $9 (including normal postage).

Great for people who like to try out this product.

Reason for selling : I love to experiment with hair styling products so I actually have quite alot of products on hand.

PM me if u r interested so we can discuss further . Thanks !

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
To bring some good news to the community over here! Because the festive mood has to go on! Merry X'Mas shopping people! Enjoy storewide 5% off for all products @ TPJ right now in the month of December 2014!

Home - ThePrettyJerk

xmas_secondBanner1.jpg

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
To bring some good news to the community over here! Because the festive mood has to go on! Merry X'Mas shopping people! Enjoy storewide 5% off for all products @ TPJ right now in the month of December 2014!

Home - ThePrettyJerk

xmas_secondBanner1.jpg

What are the differences between EBL TASTE MATTE FINISH HAIR CLAY, VANTACHI HAIR CLAY and VIFA MOLDING CLAY EXTRA HOLD?

How you rank the holding strength among these 3 without hairspray?

Thanks.

nexusRAGER

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
can recommend me conditioner ? my hair on the back of my head very stiff .. always stand .. i saw bodyshop banana conditioner any good ?

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
can recommend me conditioner ? my hair on the back of my head very stiff .. always stand .. i saw bodyshop banana conditioner any good ?

conditioner don't help. either its too short or its too stubborn or there's a "zhun" or spun on that area

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What are the differences between EBL TASTE MATTE FINISH HAIR CLAY, VANTACHI HAIR CLAY and VIFA MOLDING CLAY EXTRA HOLD?

How you rank the holding strength among these 3 without hairspray?

Thanks.

Ebl taste (good lift, makes hair fluffy, slightly harder to wash off than vantachi, 18.9), vantachi clay (tube clay, easy to wash off, strong hold as ebl too, slightly stickier on hands during application, 15.9) or vifa molding clay (strong hold, soft clay, slight shine, high level of pliability washable, 18.9) are good options to look at if you are looking at decent yet affordable products.

Rating their holding powers. I would rate vantachi, ebl taste then vifa molding clay. Because both vantachi and ebl taste are lightweight, it helps to better the aspect of hold. Vifa comes w slight shine which contributes to higher level of moisture. With moisture, it adds weight to it. Hope it helps!

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Conditionr helps to nourish and condition the hair. By going to the cortex layer (main layer of the hair), it replenishes the loss proteins (look alike to small holes) in the hair shaft. Many people relate hydration to the effectiveness of conditioner. But it isnt necessarily so.

U can perhaps make use of the hydration aspect to tame the hair. With weight, the hair is better managed. Sometimes when the hair is frizzy and dry, it tends to look untamed and unhealthy. At times, ppl might also find their hair harder to style after using conditioner in the morning because it adds weight to the hair. Hence, it is not recommended to condition it before styling. Conditioning it at night will suffice IMO.

U can look at kanebo conditioner which is extra moisturizing. Its a form of acidic conditioner.
http://theprettyjerk.com/product/kanebo-lissage-vogne-acidic-series-800ml

bhkpop

Reaction score
Guys and Gurus, I have been never bother of hair styles I had for years, going to barber or those 10$ xpress cuts. I tell them high slope and just cut short..

Thinking of a change next year especially coming CNY..

I had thin hair and baldness symptoms on my top side.

Thinking of caesar but I would need to keep tidying up which might not the best solution for the line of work I'm in and also my hair will be curly if it's too long.

Another one might be clean cut buzz based on this website HERE

Anybody could give opinion on which xxxxx cut should i considered and what hair products?
I dun mind going to affordable hair salon which you guys think they have a very good variative knowledge on hair styling.. Hopefully not those 100$ cut :s13::s13:

Thank you for any reply given, but if it was wrong thread, please let me know :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.