The Hair Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

dj_flame

Reaction score
^On the other hand some Singaporeans have a bit of difficulties understanding me - i only have a slight hint of an accent, but tend to speak with alot of American phrases and pop culture references thrown in.

e.g hey buddy, how are you. Living the dream? Me? I'm good, living da vida loca. Well its a glorious Friday, I think we should try to get some libation later on. Nectar of the gods.

Yes I sound like that in real life. :D

Last edited:

whysoliddat

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
^On the other hand some Singaporeans have a bit of difficulties understanding me - i only have a slight hint of an accent, but tend to speak with alot of American phrases and pop culture references thrown in.

e.g hey buddy, how are you. Living the dream? Me? I'm good, living da vida loca. Well its a glorious Friday, I think we should try to get some libation later on. Nectar of the gods.

Yes I sound like that in real life. :D
That sounds canadian

Sent from an emulsion of Love without using GAGT

dj_flame

Reaction score
That sounds canadian
Very spot on. I spent 4 years living and working by myself in Toronto, and I hung out with the white hipster crowd. Hence the influence.

Edits: Anyways gonna reiterate that using your standard JC english and sounding like a normal Singaporean is far better than putting on an accent. Also, slow down. We tend to speak too fast.

Last edited:

dj_flame

Reaction score
Heard there's a lot of asian ppl there, eh?
That's Vancouver haha. Lots of rich HK/TW/CN families send their kids there.

Think of Canadians as less racist, more laid back Americans.

The hipster scene was blooming the most in New York back then though (circa 2005-2009). Spent the summer of 2008 there and came back with lots of epic experiences. :o:s12:

dj_flame

Reaction score
Has that line ever worked for you? Lolol
I like "Hey. I couldn't help but notice you. Hi *My Name* here. How's the evening."

Or if she's been checking me out (you can tell) - "Hi please stop staring and talk to me. I don't bite"

Feel free to repurpose the above for yourselves. Tried and field-tested. :)

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I like "Hey. I couldn't help but notice you. Hi *My Name* here. How's the evening."

Or if she's been checking me out (you can tell) - "Hi please stop staring and talk to me. I don't bite"

Feel free to repurpose the above for yourselves. Tried and field-tested. :)

Just go bua her already Hahahaha

dj_flame

Reaction score
Sadly, only works for amdk :(
Lol, I'm 100% sinkie and I get away with it all the time, "la".

It even works on white girls.

Just remember that congruency is key - you need to reflect confidence and self-assurance in your speech and body language.

Don't give me bull about how my looks matter because if I go to a club, there are 100 other guys who are richer and better looking than me. The ability to make flirtatious and witty small talk is way more important than the so-called holy grail of looks and money lol - this is also a tried and field-tested concept.

Haha this has went from hair discussion to picking up girls. Well played folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.