The Hair Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

sansanjikikut

Reaction score
Many fakes on carousell nowadays. Only buy from reputable sellers please. Some are even buying high reputation carousell accounts to sell their warez. Always check feedback dates and comments

CrunchTime

Reaction score
What shampoo are you all using? I'm using mister pompadour but honestly doesn't seem to make a difference to me lol. I have quite dry and thick/rough hair.. The mint effect is also not that strong unless it's my hair haha.

Last edited:

sansanjikikut

Reaction score
It only makes a difference if you use it with their conditioner, but even then its a slight difference only. For more noticeable difference, you should check out odouds shampoo or morris motley cleansing oil.

spppamm

Reaction score
It only makes a difference if you use it with their conditioner, but even then its a slight difference only. For more noticeable difference, you should check out odouds shampoo or morris motley cleansing oil.

Would you have tried o douds and if so how was it ?

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What shampoo are you all using? I'm using mister pompadour but honestly doesn't seem to make a difference to me lol. I have quite dry and thick/rough hair.. The mint effect is also not that strong unless it's my hair haha.

What purpose are you trying to achieve here?

1. You mentioned you have dry, thick and rough hair. I assume you would want your hair to be more moisturized and not feel that dry.

2. But you mentioned the mint effect is not that strong. So, you are using a menthol shampoo which in general, tends to make your hair feel drier as it deep cleanses. The minty, cold sensation from menthol shampoo varies across different shampoos. Not really your hair but your scalp that will feel the difference in the minty feeling.

The above seems to contradict each other. If you're trying to eliminate the dryness in the hair, conditioner is one of the methods to hydrate it. Depending on the degree of dryness, go for a heavier conditioner if your hair is relatively dry. For even higher effectiveness, consider hair mask or even vitamin booster to condition the hair. A good thing about dry hair is that you will tend to have an easier time to style your hair.

utopwe

Reaction score
Any recommendation for a strong hold but yet light styling product?

I have thin and soft hair, and currently using baxter clay pomade for a comb back style. However the hold isn't really there so looking for something with stronger hold but dont weigh down my hair.

Thanks in advance.

DeMisE

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I have thin and soft hair, and currently using baxter clay pomade for a comb back style. However the hold isn't really there so looking for something with stronger hold but dont weigh down my hair.

Thanks in advance.

Baxter Clay pomade hold kinda strong already sia.
I'm in the same case as you, but not looking for stronger hold, just want a product that is easier to wash off without the use of $20+ shampoos.

GX, was looking at the BYRD pomade, any difference between that and BB90?

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Baxter Clay pomade hold kinda strong already sia.
I'm in the same case as you, but not looking for stronger hold, just want a product that is easier to wash off without the use of $20+ shampoos.

GX, was looking at the BYRD pomade, any difference between that and BB90?

Hey sorry for the late reply. Haha.. I feel byrd is abit more dry than bb90. Which gives the feel of a slightly stronger hold.
It's on a form of a harder cream compared to the wet bb90 cream texture. Easier to use.

Anyway. I am bringing in the uevo grey dry wax and green shiny wax.
I love it. Strong hold dry finish.
Great for shorter hairstyles.
Great for sg weather as well. Doesn't melt and stays on whole day.

Will update when I receive the goods.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Thanks in advance.

You need sea salt spray.
Try bryd matte pomade or uevo grey.

If you're feeling atas. Morris motley is the way to go.

DeMisE

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey sorry for the late reply. Haha.. I feel byrd is abit more dry than bb90. Which gives the feel of a slightly stronger hold.
It's on a form of a harder cream compared to the wet bb90 cream texture. Easier to use.

Anyway. I am bringing in the uevo grey dry wax and green shiny wax.
I love it. Strong hold dry finish.
Great for shorter hairstyles.
Great for sg weather as well. Doesn't melt and stays on whole day.

Will update when I receive the goods.
currently doing a "currypok" hairstyle, which BB90 tend to perform quite well
changed to Baxter clay, hard to get rid off and the restyle aspect not very good for the clay. it does fixate hair though but once wind blow through abit rosak alr

and whats the diff between classic light and matte for BYRD compare to BB90 and Baxter clay

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
currently doing a "currypok" hairstyle, which BB90 tend to perform quite well
changed to Baxter clay, hard to get rid off and the restyle aspect not very good for the clay. it does fixate hair though but once wind blow through abit rosak alr

and whats the diff between classic light and matte for BYRD compare to BB90 and Baxter clay

Go for matte, the properties is similar to bb90
Classic is just like any pomade.
Light won't be solid.

Extremme

Master Member
Reaction score
guys, I have always been using Hanz de Fuko Claymation but thought of making a switch. I have short/oily hair and would like to have those wax without parabens.

Any recommendations?

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
guys, I have always been using Hanz de Fuko Claymation but thought of making a switch. I have short/oily hair and would like to have those wax without parabens.

Any recommendations?

blumaan? hahaha

or try morris motley

jerkojerko

Reaction score
Try Scalp Detox Treatment

WOULD YOU TRY A SCALP DETOX TREATMENT FOR ONLY $38 ON FIRST TRY? CALL +65 6383 8333 or visit their page at laofoyehair.com for bookings and inquiry. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.