The Hair Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

nichsong

Reaction score
i bought 2 UEVO grey from you previously so now contemplating if I should try MM. Haha

Price is like almost double

If you are able to afford MM, I say go for it. There's a reason why it's rated as the top matte product in the market for many! You'll know after trying :)

Extremme

Master Member
Reaction score
If you are able to afford MM, I say go for it. There's a reason why it's rated as the top matte product in the market for many! You'll know after trying :)

Since you said so... ;)

I also hope the treatment is good too. Haha...I need that

nichsong

Reaction score
Since you said so... ;)

I also hope the treatment is good too. Haha...I need that

Haha you'll love the product trust me :) In terms of the treatment I wouldn't rate it at the same level as a moisturiser or anything though(obviously!) But you'll definitely notice a difference in the condition of your hair after continuous usage. All in all it really is the best product out there now in terms of performance:quality.

nichsong

Reaction score
What kind of hairstyles for low maintenance?

Sent from HUAWEI VTR-L29 using GAGT

:s13: Trolling aside, it really depends on what you're going for. Most modern haircuts, which are the ones we often discuss here, require some variation of longer top with shorter sides(often shaved in varying lengths). But as the sides grow out pretty fast, a trim is usually required every 2-4 weeks, depending on how fast your hair grows .If you get your hair cut at a regular old school neighbourhood barbershop / salon, that would prolly cost anywhere between 10-20 dollars a cut. Which is pretty affordable imo.

Otherwise, if you don't want to cut your hair that often, you can still maintain the long top shorter sides ratio, but letting the sides grow longer and then having trims every couple months or so to prevent them from going over the ears.

Other than that, the only other way is to keep a longer hairstyle, so you only need to trim every once in awhile. Totally up to you.

But if you were to ask me, I think its good to maintain the longer top shorter sides ratio either way. Neat, makes u look sharp and best of all its suitable for all occasions :)

All in a Day

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
:s13: Trolling aside, it really depends on what you're going for. Most modern haircuts, which are the ones we often discuss here, require some variation of longer top with shorter sides(often shaved in varying lengths). But as the sides grow out pretty fast, a trim is usually required every 2-4 weeks, depending on how fast your hair grows .If you get your hair cut at a regular old school neighbourhood barbershop / salon, that would prolly cost anywhere between 10-20 dollars a cut. Which is pretty affordable imo.

Otherwise, if you don't want to cut your hair that often, you can still maintain the long top shorter sides ratio, but letting the sides grow longer and then having trims every couple months or so to prevent them from going over the ears.

Other than that, the only other way is to keep a longer hairstyle, so you only need to trim every once in awhile. Totally up to you.

But if you were to ask me, I think its good to maintain the longer top shorter sides ratio either way. Neat, makes u look sharp and best of all its suitable for all occasions :)

Short style would always be the easier than long style for Asian hair. Something no longer than DJ flame's recent hair style shared. Shorter crop at the top even better.

1. save time wash hair
2. save time style hair, use less hair product, save $. Simple wax should suffice
3. hair dries faster
4. Cooler in SG climate, especially recently

Only obstacle is personal preference la.. young guys fresh after NS don't like short hair in particular :s13:

Extremme

Master Member
Reaction score
Haha you'll love the product trust me :) In terms of the treatment I wouldn't rate it at the same level as a moisturiser or anything though(obviously!) But you'll definitely notice a difference in the condition of your hair after continuous usage. All in all it really is the best product out there now in terms of performance:quality.

My friend said hold is not as good as UEVO grey?

MBEvolutionX

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi , need recommendation for haircut in Jurong west / Jurong east area. Is shirley Wong or evolution good? Or any at Jem / Westgate / IMM ?
Budget should be just 10-20. Cause always 3/4 1 week need cut once . Thanks in advance

nichsong

Reaction score
My friend said hold is not as good as UEVO grey?

It's a different kind of hold imo. What UEVO gives you is an immediate, stiff and fixated hold (like what a hairspray does) What Morris gives you is a solid structure for the entire day, but yet allowing your hair to move naturally and settle into its own shape. Its a very different kind of aesthetic. Also, the finish is a little different. Imo UEVO gives a bit more shine as compared to Morris which is completely matte.

It really depends on what you're going for, if you want a stiff and fixated hold like you get with UEVO, I'd say stick to it. If you want a more moveable, reworkable kind of strong hold (coupled with the "treatment" high quality ingredients, go for Morris.

Between the two, I personally prefer Morris. I have tried both, but have had endurance issues with UEVO as my hair is quite fine. (DISC: my own personal experience. This does not speak about the performance about the product for everyone else, as hair type differs from person to person) Although I think it would be excellent if complemented with a hairspray. I might buy and try it again some time in the future to re-test it though.

Last edited:

SoggyBear

Master Member
Reaction score
yoaznH4.jpg

Been using this for the past few days and i've got to say it's fantastic. Scent wise it's a bay rum scent, kinda reminds me of those old barbershop smell. Extremely easy to scoop out (creamy type) and no effort needed to break it down. Applying on dry hair might cause some hair to grip together so i suggest applying on towel-dried hair instead.

Advertised as strong hold which i agree but what surprised me the most is how light this product is. Try to believe. This is not a matte product, there is a low shine to it.

Glad that sgpomades brought this in. I WA him a month ago but he was on the fence since there are already so many great pomades out there. Looking to try ace high pomade next.

On a side note, i'm giving away 90 degree x strong wax if anyone is interested. Got it fromm TPJ awhile back but totally not a fan. Used about 4 scoops or so

Last edited:

nichsong

Reaction score
yoaznH4.jpg

Been using this for the past few days and i've got to say it's fantastic. Scent wise it's a bay rum scent, kinda reminds me of those old barbershop smell. Extremely easy to scoop out (creamy type) and no effort needed to break it down. Applying on dry hair might cause some hair to grip together so i suggest applying on towel-dried hair instead.

Advertised as strong hold which i agree but what surprised me the most is how light this product is. Try to believe. This is not a matte product, there is a low shine to it.

Glad that sgpomades brought this in. I WA him a month ago but he was on the fence since there are already so many great pomades out there. Looking to try ace high pomade next.

On a side note, i'm giving away 90 degree x strong wax if anyone is interested. Got it fromm TPJ awhile back but totally not a fan. Used about 4 scoops or so

This has been rated very highly among netizens haha, and tbh it really sounds very promising. But I think I shall refrain from buying any more new products unless they are game changers like Morris. Spent way too much over the past 3 years LOL. Have u tried Morris? If so how does this fare up to it?

djoker

Reaction score
yoaznH4.jpg

When sgpomades listed ace high, i was like eff noooo coz I ordered directly from the homebrewers themselves on etsys from usa and used ezbuy ship-for-me to ship to sg, should get it by next monday. Also ordered odouds matte paste from odouds directly and used ezbuy shipforme too. So i bundled both tgt to ship back to sg. Excited to try both out.

Firsthand i just ordered from sgpomades via shopee. Lucky i never buy direct from felipe the firsthand home brewer. Hope it comes by friday, excited.

I am super hopeful on ace high and firsthand pomades. Have quite alot of uwbs already, resisted for a few days before going eff it imma buy them. So far all uwbs ive tried work for me, but i have less preference for flagship blackship. Find it more like a clay pomade and quite hard to work through. Its hold is great tho i have to admit.

SoggyBear

Master Member
Reaction score
When sgpomades listed ace high, i was like eff noooo coz I ordered directly from the homebrewers themselves on etsys from usa and used ezbuy ship-for-me to ship to sg, should get it by next monday. Also ordered odouds matte paste from odouds directly and used ezbuy shipforme too. So i bundled both tgt to ship back to sg. Excited to try both out.

Firsthand i just ordered from sgpomades via shopee. Lucky i never buy direct from felipe the firsthand home brewer. Hope it comes by friday, excited.

I am super hopeful on ace high and firsthand pomades. Have quite alot of uwbs already, resisted for a few days before going eff it imma buy them. So far all uwbs ive tried work for me, but i have less preference for flagship blackship. Find it more like a clay pomade and quite hard to work through. Its hold is great tho i have to admit.

I actually tried to order one bottle directly from firsthand before but the shipping was a killer. i remember around 13 or 15usd

SoggyBear

Master Member
Reaction score
This has been rated very highly among netizens haha, and tbh it really sounds very promising. But I think I shall refrain from buying any more new products unless they are game changers like Morris. Spent way too much over the past 3 years LOL. Have u tried Morris? If so how does this fare up to it?

yea i did try mm twice last year but the hold isn't as strong as i like so i sold it. Can't remember much about it so can't make an opinion

djoker

Reaction score
I actually tried to order one bottle directly from firsthand before but the shipping was a killer. i remember around 13 or 15usd

ya international shipping DIRECT from the homebrewers/usa pomade online shops are killers..

but you can perhaps explore EZBUY(used to be called 65daigou) Ship-For-Me. works like vpost, you order and ship to the usa address ezbuy provides which is usually their warehouse. you also need to add this order into your ezbuy account so when it reaches the warehouse they'll email you to notify you the order has arrived. you can accumulate orders from other sites in usa and ship together one shot once all arrive.. i think the max idle time allowed in the warehouse per item is 21 days. shipping wise, the charge is SGD3.99 per 500g iirc, not too bad.

djoker

Reaction score
oh ya another thing i wanna ask, guys.

what method do you all use to wash your combs and brushes? to get rid of the lint and all on it..

SoggyBear

Master Member
Reaction score
oh ya another thing i wanna ask, guys.

what method do you all use to wash your combs and brushes? to get rid of the lint and all on it..

i use tooth pick and scrap it out on my comb :s13::s13:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.