The Hair Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
Actually I'm the opposite. Low humidity weather makes my hair super fluffy (volume for days!) and I don't need as much product.

Also, alot of Europe's showers use hard water (as opposed to PUB's soft water which has been treated for mineral impurities). So I shampooed less while in Europe (once a day max) and used a lot of dry shampoo too.
Ya damn fluffy cannot tank! But even in sg i use sss to make hair more flat as I have always said haha. So glad to be back T.T

Sent from a based SONY using GAGT

LaughingKor

Banned
Reaction score
do chiu guys wash hair everyday? some people say best not to wash everyday leh.

if got wax and spray how :s22:

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any1 here got any good STRONG HOLD hairspray to recommend? if possible also reasonable price between 15-25 bucks? all the hairsprays i tried cant even last for like an hr, just keep falling down and no volume. All replies are appreciated! Thanks!

Guess i shouldnt mention further about powerpoint hairspray. The reviews on the web says a lot more than what i could share here.

I would like to touch on both EBL taste hairspray and Schwarzkopf OSIS+ session finish (3). Both are extreme control hairsprays which are accompanied with strong hold. This first point meet your requirement #1. In terms of price, it is pretty much similar. The main difference between both is on the texture. Results from ebl taste does not make the hair feel that crunchy and the dispensed product dries relatively fast; faster than osis session finish. What this means is that the "wet" and crunchy look and feel is omitted, while at the same time attaining strong hold with ebl spray. However, there is a downside. Users of ebl spray will find themselves not being able to restyle as often as they could, with PP hairspray or osis. Ebl is more suitable for people who dont restyle much, as it might generate white flakes if you begin to restyle. If you're able to accept this, i would suggest you guys to give it a try.

Of course there are many options to look at so ultimately, look for the product that appeals to you the most. Depending on your needs, you might or might not omit the use of a hairspray. But personally, i feel that it is better to use a finishing hairspray, especially in SG, as a good remedy to counter the humidity.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
what's the difference between powdershake and the normal os salt spray?

powdershake gives more volume and easier to style?

Powdershake is by shiseido. It is not hair powder and its more of a hybrid form of hair powder and seasalt spray. The powdery particles actually sat at the bottom of the product, filled up with the sea spray. It is rather intuitive to see from these that it combines the advantages of both products into one, in turn giving one strong holding power, volume and not overlooking aspect of washability. Convenience is also being attained as all you need to do is to spray it onto damp/dry hair. Experimented it a few times and found that it tends to work better on dry hair so it might be useful for some of the people out there. Of course there is a downside. Shiseido is a big brand and it naturally costs more.

Comparing it to os fashion sss, shiseido is better @ building up. It is buildable hence it will not make your hair feel too dry even if you used too much. Os sss comes with high holding factor too but shiseido seems to do a better job at this. And if you're thinking of how fast it evaporates, shiseido is dispensed in the form of mist which evaporates almost instantly while os is not mist, hence blowdrying is required. It may seem that shiseido is better @ everything but not really, washability is one aspect which i think os is really good at. Unless you really go after extreme holding power, os sss will be a good option for the many out there IMO.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys. Me ish new here. Can anyone recommend me what type of wax/pomade/clay to use for a textured pomp type of hairstyle?

Sent from Samsung GT-I9505 using GAGT

You mentioned three broad categories of products. One specific type of hairstyle. I would say pomade is unlikely to meet your requirements, simply because of the weight. If you're trying to do a pomp, pomade proves to be unsuitable. Over here, i am referring to generic pomades which comes with high shine and weight. Try zooming into wax or clay, you should be able to find better hopes with these 2. Clay typically comes with higher hold than wax and usually appears more matte. So you will need to ask yourself if you require shine to go with this desired style.

Naturally, you will want shine to go with this hairstyle - to show a smooth finish. Products which appear too matte might not be that apparent to bring out this desired hair texture. Weight of the product is another consideration to bear in mind. Hence, with these points, it should better help you to find the right product.

Nurse.Vijay

Master Member
Reaction score
guys can anybody remember the thing that shared in this thread some time back. Its like a head band to press down the side of your hair.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
any shampoo recommendation for oily and itchy scalp?

Itchy scalp could be caused by several reasons. Assuming that your case is not the severe kind like skin conditions, it could be probable that there is buildup of oils and dead skin cells. It is also commonly caused by the condition when you experience high regularity of itchiness across the scalp, easily identificable with the symptom - dandruff. Inevitably, a good shampoo comes into play.

If you do not have dry scalp and yet experience itchiness, you can consider using deep cleansing shampoo. One example is carbolic deep cleansing shampoo. It cleanses very well and with charcoal ingredients, it does the job really well. Be it itchiness or hair stench, it can be countered with carbolic shampoo. Pair it with carbolic conditioner to hydrate the hair well.

If you have dry scalp and experience scalp itchiness, use a moisurizing shampoo. Besides vogne acidic shampoo, an option to look at is zahara nourish shampoo. Very highly recommended to nourish and moisturize the scalp, eliminating itchy/dry/flaking scalp.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just cut gataomo. Like not bad leh, they dun do extra thing, u ask then cut wad they cut wad, never cut extra off

Sent from a based SONY using GAGT

Wanted to give gataomo a try but backed down when i saw the shop front and their stylists. To be honest, they didnt give me the confidence that i expected, so ultimately i didnt step in to get the hair job done. I did witness how good their head stylist gave my friend a well done job but oh wells.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
can any1 recommend me a suitable shampoo for oily scalp with hair loss? online buy:s12: or shop is ok too
ty!

Take a look at silkat bulboton hair loss prevention treatment shampoo. Here's the link: http://theprettyjerk.com/product/silkat-bulboton-hairloss-prevention-treatment-shampoo-1000ml

It comes in a huge bottle of 1000ml. To me, i use abt once or at most twice per time to take care of my scalp. Because i am often trying out new stuffs, the workload onto my scalp is heavy. To help mitigate the damage done, this product is mainly used to strengthen the hair follicles and the use of special ingredients, such as extracts of leaves and fruits of myrtle seems really makes me feel that its working well for me. Particularly, the resulting effect of a refreshing feel on my scalp after shower, makes me very pleased using this.

However, as honest as it is, the effectiveness of shampoo is limited when it comes to hair loss. More importantly is to couple with a hair ampoule which proves to be more efficient, in combating hair loss. Simply because the main function of a shampoo is to cleanse.

nez

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
do chiu guys wash hair everyday? some people say best not to wash everyday leh.

if got wax and spray how :s22:

Unfortunately have to wash everyday since I almost everyday spray & clay :o

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
Wanted to give gataomo a try but backed down when i saw the shop front and their stylists. To be honest, they didnt give me the confidence that i expected, so ultimately i didnt step in to get the hair job done. I did witness how good their head stylist gave my friend a well done job but oh wells.

ya they super neighbourhood feel. the staff also. all super friendly and jus keep joking with each other and customers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.