The Hair Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

darthsid11111

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
no. first thing first, i never suan sinkie pwn sinkies. get your facts right first.
i say why never support local, jin jialat.
need me to show you a screenshot on that or you can just go back and read what i said.

what i am asking you now is if your cloth is sourced overseas or made locally? the raw material if you don't understand my question.

so are you supporting local or supporting overseas?

so you were to say, you're willing to pay for tailoring overseas? if only price, service and quality is comparable? forgetting about how it fits and all?
because tailoring is very personal.
you are willing to give your measurements and measurements only to a tailor that does your shirts overseas and ship it to you?

tell that to the tailor thread and see what the others say.

lol

what i am saying is just asking why never support local resellers? since the price is comparable but hey doesn't matter, consumer's money, whatever they wanna do is their choice.

why get so worked up?

it works the same as a tailor as a reseller.
what i am providing is a service. i don't actually manufacture products.
same goes for most of the businesses in Singapore.

and yes, if mr porter can provide cheaper alternative, like a dollar or 2 off, some of the people might be happy knowing that.
for me. nah, just get it in SG. Unlesssss it's $10 difference, of course, go overseas man.

lastly, you don't have to school me on how to run or do business in Singapore. :)
I favour price quality service. Money talks. Your raw material v hard to get local lah. Maciam your rice at the cai png stall also rae material from thailand.

Quality includes fit mah. So if overseas tailor can get a good fit why not? Is all about dollars and cents. Just because overseas and lower price doesn't mean not comparable. The people at the tailor thread also not short sighted. If there is value then it is money well spebt.

Haha chill lah bro. I not angry why you sensitive lah ****. Still want to screen shot all. Fierce lah. Smiley face for you. =)

Sent from LGE LG-H815 using GAGT

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I favour price quality service. Money talks. Your raw material v hard to get local lah. Maciam your rice at the cai png stall also rae material from thailand.

Quality includes fit mah. So if overseas tailor can get a good fit why not? Is all about dollars and cents. Just because overseas and lower price doesn't mean not comparable. The people at the tailor thread also not short sighted. If there is value then it is money well spebt.

Haha chill lah bro. I not angry why you sensitive lah ****. Still want to screen shot all. Fierce lah. Smiley face for you. =)

quality could mean how is it made and what cloth is it made from.
fitting is not quality. i not tailoring guru like you but there's something that i know.
so how many tailoring people that are into fit and quality have since sent their tailoring job overseas?

i never sensitive ah. just wanna make sure, because i don't want to be the one that says sinkie pawn sinkie.
maybe you may have seen it wrongly.

more smiley for chiu :D:D:D:D:D

iV3RsOn

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You mai stir ah. How to SAGAT with gx kor kor. Sure lose one you dunno his background ah!?!?!

stir ar stir....

1128.gif

darthsid11111

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hahaha.

Why so serious bruh.

2006 member able to take jokes :D

Sent from Sony E6853 using GAGT
Sorry ah 2015 member ish noob.

quality could mean how is it made and what cloth is it made from.
fitting is not quality. i not tailoring guru like you but there's something that i know.
so how many tailoring people that are into fit and quality have since sent their tailoring job overseas?

i never sensitive ah. just wanna make sure, because i don't want to be the one that says sinkie pawn sinkie.
maybe you may have seen it wrongly.

more smiley for chiu :D:D:D:D:D
Well this is not the thread to be talking about it. But in effect most MTM tailors simply take your measurements and send to the manufacturer. So in effect you could achieve similar results in terms of fit.

The only reason why online tailoring isn't big in SG is because of cost and accessibility. Developing countries where tailoring costs is low don't have an internet presence. Online tailors are mainly from developed countries where costs are high therefore no pt using them when in SG comparatively lower costs and better accessibility. In terms of quality of course you access whole package lah. High quality materials doesn't mean high quality overall product mah.

Teach you abt globalisation and how it affects businesses and the economy KYM?

iV3RsOn

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Well this is not the thread to be talking about it. But in effect most MTM tailors simply take your measurements and send to the manufacturer. So in effect you could achieve similar results in terms of fit.

The only reason why online tailoring isn't big in SG is because of cost and accessibility. Developing countries where tailoring costs is low don't have an internet presence. Online tailors are mainly from developed countries where costs are high therefore no pt using them when in SG comparatively lower costs and better accessibility. In terms of quality of course you access whole package lah. High quality materials doesn't mean high quality overall product mah.

giphy.gif

rollanddie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Didn't know that I can cause a saga by purchasing item from mrporter :s13: :D

Same products, consumer or at least just me will definitely go for the cheapest option.

Customer loyalty? Customer loyal but need to pay more... Maybe seller can do something to make customer loyal? Lolol

Sent from cramped red dot using GAGT

darthsid11111

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Same products, consumer or at least just me will definitely go for the cheapest option.

Customer loyalty? Customer loyal but need to pay more... Maybe seller can do something to make customer loyal? Lolol

Fitting is part of quality ma, no meh? :spin:

Sent from my toaster oven using GAGT

=D =D

Kosongice you make a lot more sense when you don't talk like a siaolang.

Last edited:

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

haha don't need you to teach me what i already know.
i am just stirring you.

your chunk of paragraph can be summarised.
no need WOT.

Singapore is small, go where easy, other region big, go where also hard, so online better.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

by localising the product here in SG.

if so, all the shop in SG should just close down, banks all close down.

since everything can be done online.

:s13:

that's why i said customer loyalty is something of the past

rollanddie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
by localising the product here in SG.

if so, all the shop in SG should just close down, banks all close down.

since everything can be done online.

:s13:

that's why i said customer loyalty is something of the past
I believe since online shopping started, shops more or less lose some business. Banks are also going online with ibanking. Last time need to q and update passbook, now got istatement.

Everything is going online.

You want customer to be loyal, of cause have to give them some advantage what.

Edit: or at the very least, match the lowest price available

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.