The Hair Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

darthsid11111

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone tried getzgy yet? Local brand. They just released a home brewed hair wax, I just ordered one to try. Apart from that there's a clay and pomade, both of which are made in USA. From what I've tested the clay is the exact same formula as what ubersuave (another local brand) is offering with their wax, so they probably got their products manufactured from the same lab. Not impressed with the formula of the wax/clay that I've tried. Very drying on the hair. Hoping the home brewed wax will work well. Will keep posted here!
I never even knew that there were so many local products available.

Hopefully a reseller picks then up and gives them a push here. Please post more detailed reviews if you can as well!

Sent from LGE LG-H815 using GAGT

kosongice

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone tried getzgy yet? Local brand. They just released a home brewed hair wax, I just ordered one to try. Apart from that there's a clay and pomade, both of which are made in USA. From what I've tested the clay is the exact same formula as what ubersuave (another local brand) is offering with their wax, so they probably got their products manufactured from the same lab. Not impressed with the formula of the wax/clay that I've tried. Very drying on the hair. Hoping the home brewed wax will work well. Will keep posted here!
Woah didn't know ubersuave is local hah. How'd it work for you? Can't wait for my BV that's on the way!

Sent from my toaster oven using GAGT

nichsong

Reaction score
As of now I only know Ubersuave and Getzgy as the only two local brands exclusively dealing with hair products. I think they get their products manufactured from the same lab in California, USA. Gotta say I'm not too impressed with their matte products (Ubersuave's Matte wax and Getzgy's Matte Clay) which is essentially the same thing. Hold is strong but its extremely drying on the hair.

However, Getzgy does homebrew. They homebrewed a hybrid pomade, and recently just released a homebrewed "natural" matte wax which includes jojoba and argan oil in their ingredient list. Just ordered the wax to try it out, hopefully the results will be good and not as drying as their previous matte product!

Hopefully a reseller picks then up and gives them a push here. Please post more detailed reviews if you can as well!

whysoliddat

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
As of now I only know Ubersuave and Getzgy as the only two local brands exclusively dealing with hair products. I think they get their products manufactured from the same lab in California, USA. Gotta say I'm not too impressed with their matte products (Ubersuave's Matte wax and Getzgy's Matte Clay) which is essentially the same thing. Hold is strong but its extremely drying on the hair.

However, Getzgy does homebrew. They homebrewed a hybrid pomade, and recently just released a homebrewed "natural" matte wax which includes jojoba and argan oil in their ingredient list. Just ordered the wax to try it out, hopefully the results will be good and not as drying as their previous matte product!
Where to see the ingredients ah for geyzgy

Sent from Samsung GT-I9505 using GAGT

Last edited:

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I think they would rather sell themselves than give us. If not they would have contacted us a while ago.

So no go for Carter supply? Lol

nichsong

Reaction score
Haha yeah Getzgy's main platform is on Shopee. I think they're doing quite well there if I'm not wrong.. Ubersuave is selling through SGPomades on Shopee as well. But then again like I said. The current formulas for their matte product is not very impressive (damn strong hold but really dries out hair) The only thing that piqued my interest was the fact that Getzgy is getting in on the homebrewing game now. If they manage to produce products of good quality, then I'm sure everyone will give our local brands some sarpork. Haha

GX bro I don't think you should give up on Carter Supply tho, but I think may need to get abit more attention for it prior to you bringing in. Right now everyone very siao over other brands like MM esp since Chrome came out. In my honest opinion I think Carter Supply has very decent products. For their flux matte wax -

1: Damn easy to emulsify and apply (Even easier than MM Balm imo)
2: Feels like it does a good job of conditioning my hair (other products can be drying)
3: Good medium-strong hold
4: Very lightweight
5: Natural, healthy looking Matte Finish

Honestly what I think they need now is a bit more of a boost on the marketing side. Their products are really decent and worth trying out.

I think they would rather sell themselves than give us. If not they would have contacted us a while ago.

nichsong

Reaction score
For me its because I bought both Ubersuave and Getzgy's matte products, so I compared the two in terms of ingredients. (ingredients list at the back of the jar) Exactly the same. Smell also same, texture of the product also the same. Haha they don't list the ingredients list for their older products on their Shopee page. But they do have the ingredients list for their new homebrewed wax there. See how ah, I just bought one. Gonna see how it performs!

Where to see the ingredients ah for geyzgy

darthsid11111

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Never tried them before. I think resellers got their purpise to help a product break into the market lah...

The market is so saturated with hair products its hard to stand out. Unless you got the marketing proweress of HDF..

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Haha yeah Getzgy's main platform is on Shopee. I think they're doing quite well there if I'm not wrong.. Ubersuave is selling through SGPomades on Shopee as well. But then again like I said. The current formulas for their matte product is not very impressive (damn strong hold but really dries out hair) The only thing that piqued my interest was the fact that Getzgy is getting in on the homebrewing game now. If they manage to produce products of good quality, then I'm sure everyone will give our local brands some sarpork. Haha

GX bro I don't think you should give up on Carter Supply tho, but I think may need to get abit more attention for it prior to you bringing in. Right now everyone very siao over other brands like MM esp since Chrome came out. In my honest opinion I think Carter Supply has very decent products. For their flux matte wax -

1: Damn easy to emulsify and apply (Even easier than MM Balm imo)
2: Feels like it does a good job of conditioning my hair (other products can be drying)
3: Good medium-strong hold
4: Very lightweight
5: Natural, healthy looking Matte Finish

Honestly what I think they need now is a bit more of a boost on the marketing side. Their products are really decent and worth trying out.

then likely will get them in. probably in the 3rd quarter of the year.

i need to try them myself first. haha
if it's good, might bring them in.

still getting baxter of cali in first, but their jars are darn heavy. cost alot to get them in.

Last edited:

nichsong

Reaction score
Yeah honestly I think Carter Supply is definitely worth a go.. Their flux really offers quite a different feel from the products we are used to. Haha Baxter Clay Pomade super popular.. Been wanting to try out their hard cream one.

then likely will get them in. probably in the 3rd quarter of the year.

i need to try them myself first. haha
if it's good, might bring them in.

still getting baxter of cali in first, but their jars are darn heavy. cost alot to get them in.

sansanjikikut

Master Member
Reaction score
Fully agree on the drying part. GetUgly and Ubersuay is worst then Suavecito. But the price is so cheap on shopee that people will just buy to try out. I bet most of the positive reviews are all made upon order receipt, not on trying the product, in which they would surely regret later lol.

nichsong

Reaction score
Yeah man, definitely dries out the hair like crazy. Hoping the homebrewed wax will be Getzgy's saving grace.

Fully agree on the drying part. GetUgly and Ubersuay is worst then Suavecito. But the price is so cheap on shopee that people will just buy to try out. I bet most of the positive reviews are all made upon order receipt, not on trying the product, in which they would surely regret later lol.

whysoliddat

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For me its because I bought both Ubersuave and Getzgy's matte products, so I compared the two in terms of ingredients. (ingredients list at the back of the jar) Exactly the same. Smell also same, texture of the product also the same. Haha they don't list the ingredients list for their older products on their Shopee page. But they do have the ingredients list for their new homebrewed wax there. See how ah, I just bought one. Gonna see how it performs!
The way i see it in their shopee, from the homebrewed zgy hair wax ingredients, it looks like a typical hybrid pomade, tho i cant figure out how the ingredients would emulsify as there is no emulsifying agent listed.

The matt clay, if it's the same as ubersuave's wax then most prolly it would come from the same lab cos the ingredients i see is usually used in a typical lab formula, and the drying part is most prolly due to the copolymers used

Last edited:

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
The way i see it in their shopee, from the homebrewed zgy hair wax ingredients, it looks like a typical hybrid pomade, tho i cant figure out how the ingredients would emulsify as there is no emulsifying agent listed.

The matt clay, if it's the same as ubersuave's wax then most prolly it would come from the same lab cos the ingredients i see is usually used in a typical lab formula, and the drying part is most prolly due to the copolymers used

lol damn true. the ingredients list like incomplete. impossible to be just liddat. somemore dun have the thing that let it become blue colour

iV3RsOn

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
IMPOSSIBRU!!!! MORRIS MOTLEY IS TEH BESTEST 4LYFE!!!!

Aiyo he is a local reseller albeit an online one got vested interests mah.

Pwn a sinkie BB reseller by buying from Mr Porter today lololololol.

stir ar stir more....

did-you-spot-ultron-s-face-in-captain-america-civil-war-it-confirms-that-tony-stark-re-964884.gif

iV3RsOn

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yeah honestly I think Carter Supply is definitely worth a go.. Their flux really offers quite a different feel from the products we are used to. Haha Baxter Clay Pomade super popular.. Been wanting to try out their hard cream one.

provide more detailed review and pics for flux leh....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.