The Hair Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

dj_flame

Reaction score
Recently after using back sauvecitto pomade, got a few pimples on my scalp. Damn it, its the only pomade I like. Any other similar pomade to recommend?
But Sauvecito is a water-based gel, so it shouldn't? Like gel should be the least irritable hair product as it has no wax which blocks pores?

Do you exercise with product in your hair btw?

I used to get 1 or 2 scalp pimples when I worked out with Imperial or Gabsty products in my hair. By Vilian and Morris Motley strangely has not caused any pimple in the past 6 months during workouts (touching wood just in case).

I also wear a headband to absorb the sweat these days so maybe that's why my skin has been better.

whysoliddat

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
But Sauvecito is a water-based gel, so it shouldn't? Like gel should be the least irritable hair product as it has no wax which blocks pores?

Do you exercise with product in your hair btw?

I used to get 1 or 2 scalp pimples when I worked out with Imperial or Gabsty products in my hair. By Vilian and Morris Motley strangely has not caused any pimple in the past 6 months during workouts (touching wood just in case).

I also wear a headband to absorb the sweat these days so maybe that's why my skin has been better.
i think sometimes when sweating, the gel will flow down to the scalp mah, so may harden and clog the pore too

Sent from Samsung GT-I9505 using GAGT

rollanddie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

nichsong

Reaction score
GetZGY Hair Wax

Latest news on Getzgy's "homebrewed" Hair Wax product. Had received it yest and tried it out today. I don't think there's a need to go into any details for a review.

The product is almost exactly the same as their matte clay which is made by a lab in the USA. Identical ingredients, same smell, same texture and just about the same results. Only difference is in the colour. Oh did I forget to mention, it comes with the same problem - very drying on the hair. Looks like the addition of argan oil and jojoba oil etc was just a marketing/sales gimmick. All in all, f***ing disappointing.

I wouldn't call it a unique homebrewed formula if it results in a product that is almost exactly the same as the one cooked up by the lab in the USA. What's more, they market it out as two different products. They sure can fool the rest of the mass market who don't know much about hair products but for more experienced users, this is absolute sheet. If this is the direction in which our local "homebrewing" scene is headed, then can't say we no sarpork local products liao. Gonna be sticking to the overseas brands brought in by our honest local resellers/retailers as of now. I guess it's gonna take alot, now more than ever, to change that.

Rant over.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Latest news on Getzgy's "homebrewed" Hair Wax product. Had received it yest and tried it out today. I don't think there's a need to go into any details for a review.

The product is almost exactly the same as their matte clay which is made by a lab in the USA. Identical ingredients, same smell, same texture and just about the same results. Only difference is in the colour. Oh did I forget to mention, it comes with the same problem - very drying on the hair. Looks like the addition of argan oil and jojoba oil etc was just a marketing/sales gimmick. All in all, f***ing disappointing.

I wouldn't call it a unique homebrewed formula if it results in a product that is almost exactly the same as the one cooked up by the lab in the USA. What's more, they market it out as two different products. They sure can fool the rest of the mass market who don't know much about hair products but for more experienced users, this is absolute sheet. If this is the direction in which our local "homebrewing" scene is headed, then can't say we no sarpork local products liao. Gonna be sticking to the overseas brands brought in by our honest local resellers/retailers as of now. I guess it's gonna take alot, now more than ever, to change that.

Rant over.

don't like that. let me change the scene for you. haha once we have something that i think is solid for you to try, will contact you

whysoliddat

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Rant over.
Do you know, those argan oil and jojoba oil that are marketing gimmicks, aren't pure oil?

Hearsay they process it till it becomes as thick as a wax, or they refine it till it isn't technically argan/olive oil

I think some locals misused the word 'homebrewed'. I think what it should mean is 'made in sg'

Last edited:

nichsong

Reaction score
If anyone could do it, would probably be you or junhong bro already. Sure to support.

Those guys ah.. walao. Not say I want to flame them but being honest is a trait you must have if you want to run a business for the long term ma. The part where they (almost entirely) replicated the exact same formula, only diff being the colour - but market it as a completely different product. Almost as good as scamming imo. Nontheless its a lesson learnt though. You never try you never know. Haha

don't like that. let me change the scene for you. haha once we have something that i think is solid for you to try, will contact you

sansanjikikut

Master Member
Reaction score
They fooled over 300+ buyers on Shopee already. Their products ain't that pops anyway. They always change their old listings to reflect new products to give a fake impression that the new product is popular with many positive reviews. Beware of their latest Dapper Pomade, it looks like an OEM one from Taobao slapped on with their own cheapo sticker and transparent plastic tub. Admire their aspiring entrepreneur spirit but misleading the mass market to this extent? Not quite there yet getzgy.

Rant over.

whysoliddat

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Oh so u apply pomade and blow dry? I always blow dry then apply pomade.. Maybe I should try applying my slick devil and then blow dry see if it's better lol..
Slick devil is a high hold waterbased pomade. U blowdry after apply, is a recipe for disaster. Waterbased pomade do NOT need any blowdrying, be it before, after or during application. U are supposed to use it with damp hair.

But bb90 is different. It's more of like a cream-wax than pomade

dj_flame

Reaction score
By Vilian and Morris Motley strangely has not caused any pimple in the past 6 months during workouts (touching wood just in case).

First pimple appeared on the hairline after 6 months. :(

Thank god it popped in the shower. This happened when I forgot my headband last night. :s22:

ahfrog

Reaction score
Slick devil is a high hold waterbased pomade. U blowdry after apply, is a recipe for disaster. Waterbased pomade do NOT need any blowdrying, be it before, after or during application. U are supposed to use it with damp hair.

But bb90 is different. It's more of like a cream-wax than pomade

So for BB90, is it recommended to blow-dry before applying? Or its ok to apply after drying your hair with just towel?

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So for BB90, is it recommended to blow-dry before applying? Or its ok to apply after drying your hair with just towel?

blow dry. it's not exactly a pomade.
it's more cream based with fibers.

pomade name is used for marketing

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
those who really want natural high shine that works like the MMB
really should try the chrome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.