The Hair Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

dj_flame

Reaction score
those who really want natural high shine that works like the MMB
really should try the chrome.
Hmm maybe I'll bite on the Chrome bullet.

So Chrome's shine is like how the Balm is initially - except that the Balm becomes matte by an hour?

Using Balm today after using up my last tub of Dynamite Clay.

Seriously, if you want all day, long lasting hold that is still touchable and movable - Its already past 4 and my hair still holding up with just slight restyling, you need to pony up the $40-55 and get Balm. Insane how well this works.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hmm maybe I'll bite on the Chrome bullet.

So Chrome's shine is like how the Balm is initially - except that the Balm becomes matte by an hour?

Using Balm today after using up my last tub of Dynamite Clay.

Seriously, if you want all day, long lasting hold that is still touchable and movable - Its already past 4 and my hair still holding up with just slight restyling, you need to pony up the $40-55 and get Balm. Insane how well this works.

hmm, shinier that's why use a little and try if you like the shine. if yes, add more, if no, that's your limit.

to be honest, it may feels like its stronger than balm initially. depends on individual.

RyuShinEX

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Mmhm ok, that's an observation you made by looking at my avatar pic, I understand. So what is it about your observation that you would like me to respond to?

nothing in particular. Just wonder how people with high forehead style their hair. :o

nichsong

Reaction score
Well maybe you could post a pic with your (presumably not so high) forehead and your hairstyle. I'm sure everyone here could give some good tips on how you could go about styling your hair.

nothing in particular. Just wonder how people with high forehead style their hair. :o

nichsong

Reaction score
VVV tempting and VVV nearly hooted one. But then stopped cos I realised I have too many hair products liao LOL. Was already on the paypal page. Buy also cannot use finish = end up waste $$. Gotta learn to save some money instead of binge buying haiz

Hair deal of the day! BB90 $18.85 with free shipping at the panic room.

jason910

Master Member
Reaction score
which is the best online site to purchase combs and pomades? currently using ubersauve and previously tried to order from shopee but they never deliver my products.

Is Sg Pomades a good place to buy online?

Thanks

nichsong

Reaction score
SGPomades probably offers the largest range of hairstyling products in the market, which is definitely a plus point. You can find just about any hairstyling product there. So if you're looking at exploring a wide range of different products and combs as you have mentioned, that is a good place to look :) However, I personally do not recommend Ubersuave as I find it to be very harsh and drying on the hair. We've had a little debate about it in some recent earlier posts. You can take a look at them haha

---FOR ME---

I personally make many of my purchases from hairbroducts - for a selected range of contemporary brands that offer products that have been proven to work well with our weather. They have a range of good styling tools as well. Total prices are great esp when you factor in the low mailing costs. They're one of the oldest, most established local resellers btw :)

I also shop at theprettyjerk for a unique range of products at very affordable prices (waxes, clays, styling powder etc) - that have also been proven to be effective, and can't be found anywhere else. Their products have also been proven to work well with our weather too. Not to mention their excellent customer service - customer reviews on their website speaks for itself.

I have had great experiences while shopping from both retailers.

These are my thoughts and recommendations, hope they help! :)

*Admins/Mods or anyone else who deem my post inappropriate, do let me know and I will delete it immediately*

which is the best online site to purchase combs and pomades? currently using ubersauve and previously tried to order from shopee but they never deliver my products.

Is Sg Pomades a good place to buy online?

Thanks

jason910

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Realise they do not carry Ubersauve, any other good water based strong hold waxes to recommend? I prefer the matte type. Thanks

jason910

Master Member
Reaction score
SGPomades probably offers the largest range of hairstyling products in the market, which is definitely a plus point. You can find just about any hairstyling product there. So if you're looking at exploring a wide range of different products and combs as you have mentioned, that is a good place to look :) However, I personally do not recommend Ubersuave as I find it to be very harsh and drying on the hair. We've had a little debate about it in some recent earlier posts. You can take a look at them haha

---FOR ME---

I personally make many of my purchases from hairbroducts - for a selected range of contemporary brands that offer products that have been proven to work well with our weather. They have a range of good styling tools as well. Total prices are great esp when you factor in the low mailing costs. They're one of the oldest, most established local resellers btw :)

I also shop at theprettyjerk for a unique range of products at very affordable prices (waxes, clays, styling powder etc) - that have also been proven to be effective, and can't be found anywhere else. Their products have also been proven to work well with our weather too. Not to mention their excellent customer service - customer reviews on their website speaks for itself.

I have had great experiences while shopping from both retailers.

These are my thoughts and recommendations, hope they help! :)

*Admins/Mods or anyone else who deem my post inappropriate, do let me know and I will delete it immediately*

Thanks bro for the detailed write up! u are very very right after my hair wash it tends to get very dry up. Please recommend me some waxes of the matte type which will be simiar to ubersauve if you dont mind. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.